Established by the University Council in 2011, the Alan Musgrave Master’s Scholarship in Philosophy provides support for the high calibre international students to study towards a Master’s degree in Philosophy at the University of Otago.
Applications are open to international students, who do not qualify for domestic tuition fee rates, intending to enrol full-time in the year following selection, either in a one-year BA (Hons) in Philosophy followed by a Master’s degree by thesis in Philosophy, or in a Master’s degree by thesis in Philosophy.
Application and Selection Process
Every application must submit an application on the prescribed form to the University of Otago Doctoral and Scholarships Office by the specified closing date in the year preceding the intended tenure of the scholarship.
The selection committee, consisting of the Head of the Department of Philosophy, in the chair, and two other academic staff members from the department, shall consider the following factors in recommending award of the scholarship:
The scholarship consists of a full rebate of tuition fees plus $15,000 per annum to be paid as a monthly stipend. If the recipient withdraws from or completes the prescribed course of study at the University of Otago during tenure of the scholarship, all payments will cease and no money refunded to the student.
The tenure of the scholarship is for two years in the case of a BA (Hons) plus Master’s thesis, or one year in the case of a Master’s thesis.
The scholarship must be taken up in the year in which it is awarded and part-time study is not normally permitted.
The scholarship may not be held concurrently with a University of Otago International Master’s Scholarship.
Closing date: 1 September 2019 for study in 2020
Each Scholarship recipient must:
- have the equivalent of a BA in Philosophy
- demonstrate an appropriate standard of English
In exceptional circumstances the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise) may approve variations to these regulations.
For more information, please visit: www.otago.ac.nz.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Doctoral Scholarships, University of Otago, New Zealand
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship provides funding to support doctoral students studying at the University of Otago. Applicants must be: Obtaining their first doctoral qualification Domestic students or international students Confirmation of the scholarship is dependent on approval to register as a doctoral candidate and completion of the enrollment procedure. Value: NZ$20,000 stipend per
Postgraduate Scholarships and Awards, University of Otago, New Zealand
The University of Otago offers a range of prestigious scholarships for postgraduate study. Details of the principal scholarships on offer are summarised below. There are also a number of additional named scholarships (usually based on donor bequests to the University) available, and these are detailed in the Regulations and Notes
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (DNA from Ancient Soils), Australia & New Zealand
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (DNA from Ancient Soils), Department of Earth and Ocean Sciences, Faculty of Science and Engineering We are actively seeking a postdoctoral researcher to investigate ancient DNA (aDNA) and its mobility in tephra-derived soils and paleosols, and to study its reliability/utility in the reconstruction of past environments. This project
New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS) is a Government funded scholarship, administered by Education New Zealand. The scholarship aims to attract and retain the best international researchers to New Zealand. The scholarship provides full tuition fees and a living stipend for up to 3 years. Value of the Scholarship The
Patricia Pratt Scholarship in Musical Performance, Massey University, New Zealand
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist outstanding New Zealand musical performers who have completed an honours degree in musical performance in New Zealand to continue their musical development at a renowned international music school or conservatorium. The scholarship will be awarded for classical music performance including vocal or
University of Waikato Taught Postgraduate Scholarship, New Zealand
University of Waikato Taught Postgraduate Scholarship Value: Up to $3,000 Study Level: Postgraduate (Taught) Subject Area: Any Closing Date: 30 Apr 2017 Eligibility For students who are enrolling in 500-level taught papers. Some 400-level taught papers are also eligible. Applicants are expected to have a minimum GPA of A-. International students may
Doctoral Scholarship in Transport Planning, University of Glasgow, UK
Applications are invited for a scholarship being offered by the University of Glasgow’s College of Social Sciences to study for a PhD in the area of Transportation Planning within the subject area of Urban Studies. Applicants must have completed or be close to completing their master’s degree or MRes in
Philosophy Department Scholarships, University of Warwick, UK
The Philosophy Department will award 25 scholarships to fund postgraduate study in 2016-17 on our MA and MPhil programmes. Each scholarship will provide £2000 towards your tuition fees. Awards will be made based on academic merit. Eligibility This competition is open to Home/EU and Overseas candidates. Please note that only full time
Reserve Bank of New Zealand University Scholarships, New Zealand
The Reserve Bank of New Zealand offers scholarships for students studying Economics, Finance and Banking at a New Zealand University. The Reserve Bank of New Zealand offers two scholarships each year to students who are majoring in Economics, Finance or Banking and who are entering their Honours, Masters or final year
Fitzjames Research Fellowship in Philosophy, Merton College, University of Oxford, UK
Merton College proposes to elect a Fitzjames Research Fellow in Philosophy for four years commencing on 1 October 2011 or as soon as possible thereafter. This is intended as a career development post, which will provide a promising academic with opportunities to devote a substantial proportion of time to research
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.