The objective of the Award is to support Scholars undertaking a PhD in the acquisition of an Australian Indigenous language, at the University.
Funding for this award has been provided by the ANU Futures Scheme Grant, through the School of Literature, Languages, and Linguistics, ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences
Field of study
PhD in the acquisition of an Australian Indigenous language
The Award will be available each year to a prospective/continuing student who:
- is a domestic or international student;
- holds a relevant Masters or Bachelor degree with First Class Honours or equivalent;
- is enrolled or enrolling in a PhD program in the Research School of Humanities and the Arts, supervised in the School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship – Successful international Scholars will also be awarded an HDR Fee Remission Merit Scholarship, to cover the International Student Fees for the standard duration of the research program.
Relocation Allowances – A relocation allowance may be claimed as a one-off payment to Scholars, to assist with ancillary costs (including those in respect of the Scholar’s spouse, de facto partner, and dependent children) while undertaking an eligible HDR program. Where a claim for a one-off travel contribution is in respect of a Scholar’s spouse, de facto partner, and dependent children, they must accompany the Scholar to Canberra (or join the Scholar in Canberra within 12 months of the Scholar commencing their program). Scholars who are resident elsewhere in Australia or who are permanently resident outside Australia at the time of application are eligible to receive the following one-off contribution, capped at a maximum of $1,000 for Domestic Scholars, or $2,500 for International Scholars, towards the costs of moving to Canberra to take up their eligible HDR program.
Thesis Reimbursement: Allowances are paid to domestic and international scholars to assist with ancillary costs while undertaking an eligible HDR program.
Scholars receive a one-off allowance of up to $500 for printing and other services associated with the production of their thesis.
$27,596 per annum
2019 amount indexed in alignment with the maximum value for AGRTP scholarships as advised by the Department of Education.
How to apply
Applications shall be called for with a closing date as set by the School, and advertised on the ANU scholarships website. The application shall be submitted on the prescribed electronic form and supporting documentation forwarded to the School by email prior to the closing date.
Applications must include:
- 2 recent academic references
- 2 Samples of academic writing
- A research proposal detailing your interest in the project
17 September – 9 November 2018
Conditions of award 2018 (PDF, 160.53 KB)
All enquiries regarding the award and changes, issues, or further information after acceptance should be made to:
Senior School Administrator
School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
ANU College of Arts and Social Science
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Astronomy & Astrophysics Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics Supplementary Scholarship These scholarships are offered by the ANU College of Physical & Mathematical Sciences. Field of study Astronomy and Astrophysics ANU location of study Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics Value A$5,000.00 (current rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Duration Three years full-time, with a possible six month extension Eligible programs PhD Eligibility Bachelors
ANU University Research Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
The University funds a number of scholarships for Doctor of Philosophy or Professional Doctorate by research. Field of study All Value A$23,728 (2012 rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Other benefits A scholar who is resident elsewhere in Australia or who is permanently residing outside Australia at the time of application, is eligible to
Hedley Bull Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
The Graduate Studies in International Affairs program offers up to four Hedley Bull Scholarships each year for full-time study in the Master of International Relations (Advanced). Field of study: International Relations Eligibility To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Master of International Relations (Advanced). (MIR Adv).To
Research School of Economics Neil Vousden Memorial Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
Each year the ANU College of Business and Economics may award up to two scholarships known as the Neil Vousden Memorial Scholarship to eligible students who are admitted to pursue a full-time program of study in the Master of Economics or have completed at least 24 units of study in
ANU Tuition Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Field of study All Purpose A number of ANU Tuition Scholarships are funded and awarded by individual Colleges and determined as part of the application process. This scholarship covers international student tuition fees. Value This is a Tuition Fee Scholarship Other benefits N/A Duration Three years full-time, with two possible six month extensions. Take up by 31 March (normally). It is
French Embassy Cotutelle Travel Grant, France – Australia
FRENCH EMBASSY COTUTELLE TRAVEL GRANT 2011 Since 2003, the French Embassy in Australia, on behalf of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has been associated with the Australian Academy of Science (AAS) to jointly operate the French-Australian Cotutelle Call for proposals. Its objective is to support the development of the double doctoral
Doctoral Scholarships in European Studies, Australian National University
The Australian National University’s Centre for European Studies invites applications for two PhD Scholarships for 2012 commencement. The Australian National University has a distinct national mission that differentiates it from other higher education institutions in the country. It also has unique concentrations of research excellence, which have given it a reputation
ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships, Australia
This scholarship is offered by the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science. Field of study Engineering and Computer Science Application periods: 1 March – 15 May 2017 Eligibility The Scholarship shall be available to an applicant who: Is an International Students as defined under the terms of the Education Services for Overseas Students Act
PhD Scholarships in Indonesian Economics, The Australian National University, Australia
The Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) is offering two, three-year PhD scholarships to conduct doctoral research on the Indonesian economy. Scholarships are to the value of $25,000 per annum for up to three years. Successful applicants are required to participate in the activities of the Indonesia Project, which is
International Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships, University of Western Australia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified international students to apply for Australian Government International Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships to undertake the degree of Master by Research or Doctorate by Research at The University of Western Australia. An application for a scholarship is also an application for admission to
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.