ANU Master of Philosophy Scholarships are funded by individual academic Colleges. It is expected that recipients will study on a full-time basis. However, in accordance with strict criteria, the scholarship can be awarded for part-time study. International scholars must undertake study on a full-time basis.
The scholarships are available to potential and current students who:
- are domestic or international students; and
- have applied for admission to a Master of Philosophy Research program at the ANU; and
- have a Bachelor degree with first-class Honours (some Colleges may consider applicants with upper second-class Honours), or a Master degree with a research component from a recognised University.
$27,082 per annum 2018 value
Payments made fortnightly
Payments made for 1 year
- Travel & removal allowance for students relocating to Canberra to commence their Master of Philosophy program;
- Dependant Child Allowance (International students only)
- Thesis Allowance
How to apply
No application is necessary as all eligible students will be considered.
In order to be considered for this scholarship in the main round of scholarship offers International students are required to apply for admission by 31 August. Domestic students are required to apply for admission by 31 October. Colleges may consider offering these scholarships at any time of the year..
It is strongly encouraged to make contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a prospective supervisor, prior to lodging an application for admission, to discuss the proposed research topic and related matters.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
Arjen Ryder Memorial Scholarship, University of Western Australia
The Arjen Ryder Memorial Scholarship has been established in honour of Mr. Arjen Ryder and his wife Yvonne to encourage and assist a high achieving undergraduate student to pursue a Bachelor of Science (Honours), or Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours), with a thesis relating to sustainable agricultural practices at the UWA
ANU University Research Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
The University funds a number of scholarships for Doctor of Philosophy or Professional Doctorate by research. Field of study All Value A$23,728 (2012 rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Other benefits A scholar who is resident elsewhere in Australia or who is permanently residing outside Australia at the time of application, is eligible to
Astronomy & Astrophysics Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics Supplementary Scholarship These scholarships are offered by the ANU College of Physical & Mathematical Sciences. Field of study Astronomy and Astrophysics ANU location of study Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics Value A$5,000.00 (current rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Duration Three years full-time, with a possible six month extension Eligible programs PhD Eligibility Bachelors
Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), Edith Cowan University, Australia
This scholarship is designed to support postgraduate students of exceptional research promise to study full-time at ECU in a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Research Master degree. The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance. Applicants will automatically be considered for
Hedley Bull Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
The Graduate Studies in International Affairs program offers up to four Hedley Bull Scholarships each year for full-time study in the Master of International Relations (Advanced). Field of study: International Relations Eligibility To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Master of International Relations (Advanced). (MIR Adv).To
Master and Doctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Australian Development Scholarships
The Australian Government offers scholarships for Master (S2) and Doctoral (S3) 300 Indonesian students in 2010 through the Australian Development Scholarships (ADS). Registration start June 7 and close at August 27, 2010. The scholarships are open to the public (PNS) and private sectors. The division includes 200 scholarships for civil servants
Excellence in Nursing Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
The National Health and Medical Research Council Centre of Research Excellence in Nursing Interventions for Hospitalised Patients was established 1 November, 2010. There are two main foci of the NCREN Compromised Skin Integrity, including pressure ulcers, intravascular devices and surgical wounds; and Symptom Management including pain, anxiety and delirium. The main functions of
ANU Tuition Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Field of study All Purpose A number of ANU Tuition Scholarships are funded and awarded by individual Colleges and determined as part of the application process. This scholarship covers international student tuition fees. Value This is a Tuition Fee Scholarship Other benefits N/A Duration Three years full-time, with two possible six month extensions. Take up by 31 March (normally). It is
International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
International Postgraduate Research scholarships at Edith Cowan University are restricted only to those applicants wishing to commencing their studies in either a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master by Research. The ECU-IPRS scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. Four ECU-IPRS scholarships are offered each year for
French Embassy Cotutelle Travel Grant, France – Australia
FRENCH EMBASSY COTUTELLE TRAVEL GRANT 2011 Since 2003, the French Embassy in Australia, on behalf of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has been associated with the Australian Academy of Science (AAS) to jointly operate the French-Australian Cotutelle Call for proposals. Its objective is to support the development of the double doctoral
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.