A number of ANU PhD Scholarships which provide a stipend are funded by Colleges. It is normal for recipients to undertake study on a full-time basis. However, in accordance with strict criteria, the scholarship can be awarded for part-time study. International scholars must undertake study on a full-time basis.
$27,082 per annum 2018 value
Payments made fortnightly
Payments made for 3 years
Field of study
These scholarships are available to potential and current students who:
- are domestic or international students; and
- have applied for admission to a PhD or Professional Doctorate by Research program; and
- have a Bachelor degree with first-class honours (some Colleges may consider students with upper second-class honours), or a Master degree with a research component or equivalent from a recognised university.
- Travel and Removal allowances for students relocating to Canberra to commence their research program;
- Thesis allowance;
- Dependant Child allowance (International students only);
- Paid medical, maternity and paternity leave
How to apply
No application is required specifically for this scholarship as all eligible candidates will be considered.
In order to be considered for this scholarship in the main round of scholarship offers International students are required to apply for admission by 31 August. Domestic students are required to apply for admission by 31 October.
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to make contact with the relevant Graduate Studies Convener or a prospective supervisor, prior to lodging an application, to discuss the proposed research topic and related matters.
For more information, please visit: www.anu.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
Astronomy & Astrophysics Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics Supplementary Scholarship These scholarships are offered by the ANU College of Physical & Mathematical Sciences. Field of study Astronomy and Astrophysics ANU location of study Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics Value A$5,000.00 (current rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Duration Three years full-time, with a possible six month extension Eligible programs PhD Eligibility Bachelors
ANU University Research Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
The University funds a number of scholarships for Doctor of Philosophy or Professional Doctorate by research. Field of study All Value A$23,728 (2012 rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Other benefits A scholar who is resident elsewhere in Australia or who is permanently residing outside Australia at the time of application, is eligible to
ANU Tuition Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Field of study All Purpose A number of ANU Tuition Scholarships are funded and awarded by individual Colleges and determined as part of the application process. This scholarship covers international student tuition fees. Value This is a Tuition Fee Scholarship Other benefits N/A Duration Three years full-time, with two possible six month extensions. Take up by 31 March (normally). It is
French Embassy Cotutelle Travel Grant, France – Australia
FRENCH EMBASSY COTUTELLE TRAVEL GRANT 2011 Since 2003, the French Embassy in Australia, on behalf of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has been associated with the Australian Academy of Science (AAS) to jointly operate the French-Australian Cotutelle Call for proposals. Its objective is to support the development of the double doctoral
Hedley Bull Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
The Graduate Studies in International Affairs program offers up to four Hedley Bull Scholarships each year for full-time study in the Master of International Relations (Advanced). Field of study: International Relations Eligibility To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Master of International Relations (Advanced). (MIR Adv).To
Doctoral Scholarships in European Studies, Australian National University
The Australian National University’s Centre for European Studies invites applications for two PhD Scholarships for 2012 commencement. The Australian National University has a distinct national mission that differentiates it from other higher education institutions in the country. It also has unique concentrations of research excellence, which have given it a reputation
ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships, Australia
This scholarship is offered by the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science. Field of study Engineering and Computer Science Application periods: 1 March – 15 May 2017 Eligibility The Scholarship shall be available to an applicant who: Is an International Students as defined under the terms of the Education Services for Overseas Students Act
PhD Scholarships in Indonesian Economics, The Australian National University, Australia
The Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) is offering two, three-year PhD scholarships to conduct doctoral research on the Indonesian economy. Scholarships are to the value of $25,000 per annum for up to three years. Successful applicants are required to participate in the activities of the Indonesia Project, which is
Master and Doctoral Scholarships for Indonesian Students by Australian Development Scholarships
The Australian Government offers scholarships for Master (S2) and Doctoral (S3) 300 Indonesian students in 2010 through the Australian Development Scholarships (ADS). Registration start June 7 and close at August 27, 2010. The scholarships are open to the public (PNS) and private sectors. The division includes 200 scholarships for civil servants
ANU-Study Canberra Indonesia Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
There shall be 5 scholarships available for the 2018 intake for new international students' from Indonesia known as the ANU-Study Canberra Indonesia Scholarship. All scholarships will be available to undergraduate students (2 in semester 1 and 3 in semester 2). The Scholarships are highly competitive and shall be offered to
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.