The Australian National University recognises the value of sporting excellence, and is proud to provide the opportunity for emerging athletes and talented sportspeople to access financial assistance to promote success in their academic and athletic goals. This scholarship aims to attract talented and emerging athletes to study at the ANU, and to support the development of community and sport leaders for the future.
This scholarship is open to all new students to the ANU, who can demonstrate a history of or potential for sporting excellence, supported by an affiliated club or sporting organisation. Undergraduate, postgraduate coursework or higher degree research program students, as well as both domestic and international students, are welcome to apply.
The award is available each year to a prospective ANU student who:
- Is a domestic or international student; and
- Is enrolled or enrolling in an undergraduate degree or postgraduate coursework or Higher Degree Research program at ANU; and
- can demonstrate a potential for, or history of, excellence in athletic performance.
Awardees will be welcomed into the vibrant, supportive and thriving community that is based at the ANU, and be placed in an excellent position to balance their educational and sporting pursuits.
$5,000 per annum
How to apply
Applicants will need to meet all eligibility requirements and are encouraged to supply documents supporting their athletics achievements and success from affiliated clubs and/or sporting organisations. Supporting documentation can be emailed to Philanthropic.firstname.lastname@example.org
31 August – 23 November 2018
Conditions of award (PDF, 109.92 KB)
This scholarship is available to be held by one student-athlete for the duration of their course of study.
For more information, please visit: www.anu.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
The City of Joondalup “Focussing on the Future” Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The City of Joondalup "Focussing on the Future" ECU Award is aimed at assisting 2nd year student living within the catchment area of the City of Joondalup. The scholarship intends to help lessen the student debt by providing funds to assist with course fees as well as
Astronomy & Astrophysics Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics Supplementary Scholarship These scholarships are offered by the ANU College of Physical & Mathematical Sciences. Field of study Astronomy and Astrophysics ANU location of study Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics Value A$5,000.00 (current rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Duration Three years full-time, with a possible six month extension Eligible programs PhD Eligibility Bachelors
Australian Uranium Association (AUA) Indigenous Scholarship
The Australian uranium industry offers financial support for young Indigenous men and women undertaking tertiary study in areas relevant to uranium exploration and mining. The Indigenous Leadership Scholarship Scheme is an initiative of the members of the Australian Uranium Association, who support local indigenous communities and wish
ANU University Research Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
The University funds a number of scholarships for Doctor of Philosophy or Professional Doctorate by research. Field of study All Value A$23,728 (2012 rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Other benefits A scholar who is resident elsewhere in Australia or who is permanently residing outside Australia at the time of application, is eligible to
Sports Scholarships, University of Glamorgan, UK
The scholarship can help you realise your potential, whatever your sport and whatever your academic subject, by offering the following benefits: A no-strings cash award each academic year of £500 An annual grant of £150 to use in the University’s excellent sports centre – including membership, use
Research School of Economics Neil Vousden Memorial Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
Each year the ANU College of Business and Economics may award up to two scholarships known as the Neil Vousden Memorial Scholarship to eligible students who are admitted to pursue a full-time program of study in the Master of Economics or have completed at least 24 units of study in
Dr John Woolcott Undergraduate Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Dr John Woolcott Scholarship honours the memory of Dr John Woolcott, former President of the Australian Public Health Association (WA) and Board Member of the National Safety Council of WA. The funds supporting this scholarship were developed in the 1970's to provide students in the area
ANU Tuition Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Field of study All Purpose A number of ANU Tuition Scholarships are funded and awarded by individual Colleges and determined as part of the application process. This scholarship covers international student tuition fees. Value This is a Tuition Fee Scholarship Other benefits N/A Duration Three years full-time, with two possible six month extensions. Take up by 31 March (normally). It is
French Embassy Cotutelle Travel Grant, France – Australia
FRENCH EMBASSY COTUTELLE TRAVEL GRANT 2011 Since 2003, the French Embassy in Australia, on behalf of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, has been associated with the Australian Academy of Science (AAS) to jointly operate the French-Australian Cotutelle Call for proposals. Its objective is to support the development of the double doctoral
Hedley Bull Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
The Graduate Studies in International Affairs program offers up to four Hedley Bull Scholarships each year for full-time study in the Master of International Relations (Advanced). Field of study: International Relations Eligibility To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the admission requirements of the Master of International Relations (Advanced). (MIR Adv).To
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.