As an affiliated organization of Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Korea(hereafter MCST), the Korea National University of Arts runs the short-term fellowship program for Art educators and professionals called Art Major Faculty ‘Explore K-Arts’ (hereafter, AMFEK). AMFEK is residency programmed sponsored by the MCST, and it invites professionals and academic researcher in various art fields from abroad each year for 5 months in order to promote artistic cooperation and cultural understanding and introduce Korea’s art and culture.
- To promote the artistic and cultural network and cooperation by inviting art educators, researchers, or professional artists from institutions specialized in arts around the world
- To allow students from both countries to experience cultural diversity through exchange with each institutions’ art professionals and to strengthen the artistic creativity
- Professionals working actively as professors, lecturers, researchers, artist, or art administrator of an artistic/cultural institution (Ages through 25 to 45 preferred)
- Field of Program: 6 schools* of Korea National University of Arts. Music, Dance, Visual Arts, Drama, Film/TV/ Multimedia, Korean Traditional Arts
- Region : Countries from Asia, Africa, and Latin America
- Period : June ~ November 2017 (Apprx. 5 months)
- Requirement: Fluent in English OR in Korean language
- Number of Participant: 5
Support to Participant
- 1 K-Arts faculty member will be paired with the AMFEK participant as a mentor
- 1 round-trip airfare (Economy class)
- Accommodation: Fully furnished guest-house on campus or a flat near the campus.
- Living expenses: KRW 900,000 per month
- 5-month intensive Korean language lessons
- Basic medical insurance, Cultural field trips, etc.
- Partial or full support on proposed projects such as workshop, symposium, exhibition, performance, etc. according to its feasibility and importance
Activity and Obligation
- Participation in orientation
- Final report (Performance, Exhibition, Film or Documentary production, etc.)
- Korean language lesson
- Participation in cultural events for the reciprocal cultural understanding; Festival, Seminar, Special Lecture, Master classes for K-arts students etc.
- Participation on the research/creation project as a final presentation
Merits of AMFEK Participants
- K-Arts supports and sponsors participants’ to successfully adapt to staying in Korea, providing easier VISA process with less documents, in-campus residential space and a designated coordinator.
- AMFEK participants will experience K-Arts curriculum as well as artistic expertise and educational program through one-to-one mentoring with K-Arts faculty, mostly world’s well-known.
- All shall participate to the final presentation, eg. recital at K-Arts Concert Hall, exhibition at K-Arts Gallery, stage at K-Arts Theater, etc., and 2,500 USD for preparation will be supported.
How to apply
Due date : 20th April, 2018
Will begin work as AMFEK Fellow on 1st August, 2018. Arrival dates are negotiable when impossible to arrive in Korea before 1st August 2018.
What to submit (all) :
- AMFEK Application Form
- Certificate of employment or career (Eng ver.)
- Certificate of Degree (Eng ver.)
- Portfolio (Eng ver. slides, video, dvd, etc.)
- Proposal of research or project(Eng ver, no given format)
- Statement of self-introduction (Eng ver, no given format)
- 2 Letters of recommendation by the chiefs of the employed organization(Eng ver.)
- A copy of passport
- 2 passport photos (3x4cm)
- Medical clearance proof (Eng ver, Certificate of health). Participants are requested to be physically healthy to follow the five-months AMFEK program in Korea.
Where to submit:
Email: Attn. Yuwon Kwon ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Post : Attn. Yuwon Kwon (Tel: +82 2 746 9073)
Office of External Affairs, Korea National University of Arts
146-37, Hwarang-ro 32-gil, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea (ZIP: 02789)
- The application documents can be sent by either email or post.
- All the Required documents should be submitted by 20th April 2018 (Korean local time).
- Late and incomplete submission will not be accepted.
- All submitted documents will not be returned.
Upon review of application packages submitted, passing candidates will be individually notified for follow-up interview or official invitation.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Art Major Asian (AMA) Scholarship, Korea National University of Arts
The objective of the Art Major Asian (AMA) Scholarship Program is to provide Asian students with artistic talent to conduct advanced studies and ability in Korea National University of Arts in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between the countries. Scholarship Benefits full tuition for undergraduate or
Lesley Lillian Graham Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
This award was established by the will of Miss Lesley Lillian Graham to reward outstanding secondary student teachers majoring in English. The donated funds are to be used to assist a student studying towards becoming an English Teacher. The Lesley Lillian Graham Awards are open to fourth year students enrolled
Faculty of Arts and Humanities Studentships, University of East Anglia, UK
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities will be offering 18 studentships for entry in October 2017 open to UK, EU and International applicants. Areas of study: American Studies Anthropology of Art Art History Film, Television and Media Studies History Language and Communication Studies Translation Studies Literature, Drama and Creative Writing Museum
ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences Honours Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
This scholarship is offered by the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences. Field of study Arts (Honours) Value Up to $5,000 Duration 1 year Number on offer Up to 10 Eligibility To be eligible, students must be currently enrolled at this University or another University, in a program of study leading to the award of
Curtin Humanities – BiNus & Trisakti English Language Bridging Course Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
These scholarships provide supplementary English Language Bridging (ELB) Intensive (10 weeks) courses to the top five students from BiNus and Trisakti who progress to Faculty of Humanities at Curtin in 2013. Student type: Future Students Faculty: Humanities Course type: Undergraduate Gender: Both Nationality: International students Scholarship base: Merit Based Maximum number awarded: 10 Value: Payment of the tuition
ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences Academic Excellence Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
Each year the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences may award up to five awards known as the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences Academic Excellence Masters Scholarship. The award is available for international students who are citizens of the countries published on the scholarship webpage (as updated annually)
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Chungnam National University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Application Period : (Tue.) Feb. 5, ~ (Tue.) Mar. 19, 2013 Evaluation of Major Learning Capability : (Mon.) Mar. 25, ~ (Wed) Apr. 3, 2013 Announcement of Admission Result : (Tue.) Apr. 9, 2013 Contact : Office of Admissions Tel. 82-42-821-5028, Email : email@example.com Dormitory There are two types of rooms, which
Wesleyan Freeman Asian Scholarship, Wesleyan University, USA
The Wesleyan Freeman Asian Scholarship Program provides expenses for a four-year course of study toward a bachelor’s degree for up to eleven exceptionally able Asian students annually from these countries and regions: the People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore,
Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Funds, Radboud University, Netherlands
The Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Funds is a supplementary scholarship on top of the Radboud Scholarship Programme (RSP) or the Orange Tulip Scholarship (OTS) for excellent students applying for the following programmes: Research Master's in Historical, Literary and Cultural Studies Research Master's in Linguistics and Communication Sciences Master's in
LASALLE Scholarship for Master of Arts, Singapore
The LASALLE Scholarship for Master of Arts study is designed to identify the most talented new Masters students with excellent academic achievements, strong leadership potential, and passion for the arts. Eligibility All nationalities Applicants must have been offered a place in a Masters of Arts programme for the January 2016 intake
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.