The ASEAN Foundation (AF) and NUS have entered into a new agreement to develop high quality human resources within ASEAN member countries through the ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship.
The ASEAN Foundation, an initiative of the Leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), was established on 15 December 1997 to help bring about shared prosperity and a sustainable future for the peoples of all ASEAN countries. It has been mandated to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and greater interaction among its peoples and their increased participation in ASEAN activities as well as to undertake development cooperation activities that enhance mutual assistance, address equitable economic development and reduce poverty. This scholarship programme is part of the ASEAN Foundation Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies and funded through the Japan-ASEAN Solidarity Fund.
Two scholarship slots are available for ASEAN nationals (except Singapore citizens and permanent residents) who wish to pursue a Masters Degree by research in NUS. Selection of successful applicants will be based on merit.
These scholarships are open to bonafide nationals of an ASEAN country (except Singapore citizens and permanent residents) and tenable in the following faculties:
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Design and Environment (Real Estate & Building courses)
- Faculty of Law
- Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
To qualify, applicants must:
- Hold a good bachelors degree or its equivalent and possess a strong academic record;
- Satisfy other admission requirements as specified by the faculty/school they apply to;
- Submit a valid Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) result as evidence of their proficiency in the English language (for applicants whose native tongue or medium of university instruction is not English).
- Agree to return and/or serve for at least 2 years in any ASEAN countries after completion of their studies.
b) Field of Studies
- Developmental Studies
- Information and Communication Technology
c) Award Amount
- A monthly stipend of S$2,000;
- Tuition, examination fees and other approved fees at NUS;
- A one-off air travel allowance of one single trip ticket from home country to Singapore upon award of the scholarship;
- A one-off book allowance of up to S$200;
- Accommodation subsidy of Singapore Dollars (S$3,000) per year;
- Graduation gown rental fees;
- A one-off air travel allowance of one single trip ticket from Singapore to home country upon successful completion of the course leading to the award of the degree.
Please read the full terms and conditions.
d) Award Period
The award is tenable for a maximum of 2 years, subject to an annual review of the scholar’s satisfactory progress.
e) Application Procedure
Applicants should indicate their interest in the Scholarship via the NUS Graduate Research Programme Application System.
Applicants should also complete the ASEAN Foundation Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies Application Form and submit together with the Application for Admission form and other supporting documents to the relevant Faculty/School.
Please send all applications and documents to:
Department of XXX
Faculty/School of XXX
Please click here for a list of the mailing address of all the Faculties/Schools. On the bottom left hand corner of the envelope, please write “ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship”.
Intake: Semester 1 (August)
Closing Date: 15 November
Application Outcome: May
Intake: Semester 2 (January)
Closing Date: 15 May
Application Outcome: October
Note (For August intake):
(1) For applicants who has applied for admission, please complete the ASEAN Foundation Scholarship Postgraduate Application Form.
(2) For applicants who have not applied admission, please complete the Form for Application for Admission to Graduate Studies by Research and the ASEAN Foundation Scholarship Postgraduate Application Form.
f) Notification of Award
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome by NUS.
For more information, please contact Registrar’s Office at email@example.com
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
MBA Scholarships, Nanyang Business School, NTU Singapore
A limited number of scholarships are available for admitted students, to finance their MBA studies. You will need to be eligible to such scholarships, so check your eligibility first before you apply to the scholarships and apply within the deadlines stipulated. Scholarship results are announced at certain periods – typically
ASEAN Master Scholarships, University of Nottingham, UK
The University of Nottingham is consistently ranked among the world's top 100 universities* and is ranked 8th in the UK for research power**. In 2018 we are offering 20 scholarships of 25% towards tuition fees for students from ASEAN member countries. Closing date 18 May 2018. Who is eligible to apply? You can apply
ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia by Ministry of Education, Singapore
The ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced (GCE A) Level (or equivalent) certificate. The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship, National University of Singapore
The ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship (AUS) is offered by the National University of Singapore (NUS) to full-time NUS undergraduates who have outstanding academic merit and co-curricular activities. Eligibility The AUS is awarded to freshmen based on academic merit. These freshmen must be citizens or permanent residents of an ASEAN* member country. Singapore citizens
ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
This scholarship is open to nationals of member countries of ASEAN* (except Singapore) to pursue a designated full-time Masters degree by coursework and dissertation. * ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) consists of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Eligibility criteria Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents
NUS MBA Awards – National University of Singapore
Over S$1 million worth of NUS MBA Study Awards will be awarded to deserving full-time candidates of all nationalities and part-time Singaporean candidates who showcase well-rounded, exceptional and promising profiles. Scholarships will be given based on background, performance during the application process and overall leadership potential of the candidates. Dean's Award:
A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship, NUS Graduate School, Singapore
A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship (PGS) Students in Science, Computing and Engineering are invited to apply for A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship. TERMS A stipend during the pursuit of the Bachelor’s degree programme amounting to: $460 per month in Year 1 and Year 2 $560 per month in Year 3 $760 per month in Year 4; and $760 per month in
MSc in Strategic Studies, International Relations at Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Please be informed that application for Master of Science in Strategic Studies, International Relations, International Political Economy and Asian Studies Programmes for AY2010/2011 (Admission in Aug 2010) is now open! The online application will be closed on 28 February 2010. We have various Scholarships / Study Awards available to both Singaporeans and
Temasek Foundation Leadership Enrichment and Regional Networking, National University of Singapore
The Temasek Foundation (TF) provides scholarship for qualified undergraduate students of UGM to attend the Temasek Foundation Leadership Enrichment and Regional Networking (TF LEaRN) Programme at National University of Singapore. The programme aims at grooming the next generation of Asian leaders by providing opportunities for cultural exchange, networking, community engagement,
Faculty of Management Executive Dean’s ASEAN Scholarship, Bournemouth University, UK
For courses starting in January 2017 and September 2017 - applications for September 2017 will open early October 2016 Eligibility Any students from ASEAN nations (Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Lao PDR and Brunei Darussalam) applying for a full-time taught Master’s degree within the Faculty of Management's Business
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.