ASEAN Leaders Fostering Program, previously named as ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Programme, is an ASEAN-Korea Cooperation Project between the ASEAN University Network (AUN) and Daejeon University (DJU). The project is jointly funded by the ASEAN-ROK Future Oriented Cooperation Programs Funds and Daejeon University.
The Programme offers exchange scholarships for 20 undergraduate students from ASEAN student to study at Daejeon University, the Republic of Korea (ROK). The scholarship includes tuition fees, room and board, round-trip ticket, basic medical insurance and living allowance (USD 300 per month) for one academic year.
Daejeon University has specialized curriculum and ample experience with ASEAN student, so DJU is the only university which has launched the ASEAN – ROK International College Student Exchange Program since 2002. DJU provides ASEAN students with the opportunity to become leading role models in the future by taking the advanced level classed, while using our fully technologically equipped facilities for one academic year.
Also, our program is dedicated in cultivating students to become leaders of ASEAN Nations, especially through our internship program at internationally well known organizations in Korea such as UN-APCICT, IFEZ, KNCU, KIEP and ASEAN-Korea Centre We have witnessed our students contribute to diplomatic relations between ASEAN and ROK.
ASEAN University Network (AUN)
The ASEAN University Network was established in November 1995 under the Charter signed by the Ministers responsible for higher education in ASEAN countries. The AUN is perceived as a mechanism to help hasten solidarity and development of regional identity through the promotion of the existing network of leading universities and higher education institutions in ASEAN region. Currently, the AUN is actively involved in collaborative projects with the following partners; P.R. China, the European Union, United States, Japan, and the Republic of Korea. The International College Student Exchange Program between ROK and ASEAN Nations is one of the collaborative projects with ROK.
The AUN Member Universities comprises 26 leading universities nominated by the concerned ministries from 10 ASEAN nations. All colleges and universities in the ASEAN member nations are eligible for this program. The AUN member universities are listed below:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam
- Royal University of Phnom Penh
- Law and Economics of Phnom Penh
- Universitas Airlangga
- Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Universitas Indonesia
- Institut Teknologi Bandung
- National University of Laos
- Universiti of Malaya
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (National University of Malaysia)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Institute of Economics, Myanmar
- University of Yangon
- De La Salle University
- University of the Philippines
- Ateneo De Manila University
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Singapore Management University
- Burapha University
- Chiang Mai University
- Chulalongkorn University
- Mahidol University
- Vietnam national University, Hanoi
- Vietnam national University, Ho Chi Minh City
The non-AUN member universities are also welcome to apply to the program.
Daejeon University (DJU), established in 1981, is located in Daejeon City, approximately an hour from Seoul by KTX. DJU is recognized as one of the fastest growing universities in the Republic of Korea. DJU consists of 6 colleges, 1 graduate school, and 4 professional graduate schools, which cover 50 major fields of study with approximately 12,000 students. Also, DJU has so many international students from all over the world and many foreign countries such as Canada, China, Japan, Russia, USA, and ASEAN countries and so on.
DJU serves students and the society through comprehensive integrated academic offerings enhanced by technology, high quality education, and oriental medicine clinical practice in community including city of Daejeon, with excellence in higher education, scholarly activities, and community initiatives. Students will find many exciting ways to turn their passions and talents into career opportunities.
With these efforts, Daejeon University passed the Quality Assurance System and the International Education Quality Assurance System assessed by the Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology of Korea 2012, due to high quality of Education, administration, its financial status and high assessment in all evaluation items.
DJU has the leading undergraduate programs and the graduate and professional programs that put research into action for the benefit of our students and society. DJU provides a demanding and intellectually stimulating environment for students.
Within Korea, Daejeon plays a major role as a center for advanced science and technology. Daeduk Science Town, a center of Korealays a major role as a center for advanced science and technology. Daeduk Science organi is also the central point for the nation as a center for advanced science and technology. Daeduk Scie
Daejeon has been shaping itself as an internationally renowned city. It has already gained world recognition for successfully hosting the 1993 International Exposition with more than 100 nations participating. The reputation has become greater since Daejeon was one of the host cities for the 2002 World Cup.
As part of this growth as an international city, Daejeon has established sister city relationships with other international cities such as Seattle in the USA, Nanjing in China, and Budapest in Hungary. These sister relationships promote mutual exchange and cooperation in a wide range of activities involving culture, education, economic development and sports.
By taking High-Speed Railway, it takes less than an hour to get to the capital, Seoul. Daejeon does not have a dialect. Therefore, students can learn a clear accent and standard language. Daejeon is home to 1.5million people spread over an area of 540 square kilometers. Daejeon City has great natural environment and administration which is Municipal administration nt and Cityadministration which is Munici”, and Qeum River.
- Applicant must be a citizen of ASEAN nations and currently enrolled in one of Universities in ASEAN Countries.
- Undergraduate Students in the field of ICT, Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Applicant must have the excellent academic record.(Should be in the top 10 % of their classes)
- Applicant must have a good command of written and spoken English.
- Applicant must have a good medical record.
How to Apply:
- Students from AUN Member Universities may contact the international office (or other authorized bodies) of their Universities or visit AUN’s web-sites (www.aunsec.org) for the application package.
- Student from Non-AUN Member Universities may contact the Ministry of Education in his/her countries or visit AUN’s web-sites for the application package.
- For AUN Member Universities, after completing the application requirements, applicant shall request his/her university international office or other authorized bodies to submit the original application package (including an application form, medical questionnaire, letter of recommendation, statement of purpose to return etc.) to AUN Secretariat and send a copy of all required documents to the Daejeon University to the contact information.
- 3. For Non-AUN Member Universities, applicant may submit his/her application both directly to the AUN Secretariat and Daejon University by post without going through his/her IRO.
The result of the selection will be forwarded to the International Relations Office of student’s original university and be posted on AUN’s website in late July 2013
Deadline for Application: 5 July 2013 (The Universities might have different deadline for their students.)
Scholarship Announcement: Late of July, 2013
A) Schedule for Fall Semester 2013
- September 2nd: Suggested arrival dates for Fall Semester
- September 3rd: Orientation, registration and open a bank account etc
- September 4th: Fall semester begins
- October 14th -18th: Mid-term exam
- December 9th -13th: Final exam
- December 14th : End of semester
- January to February: Internship
(B) Schedule for Spring Semester 2014
- March 2nd : Spring Semester Begins
- April 21-25th: Mid-term exam
- June 9th -13th: Final exam
- June 14th : End of program
Arrangement of Air Ticket and Living Allowance:
As soon as the awardees are selected, the AUN Secretariat will prepare and send a round trip ticket to the awardees through their universities.
Amount of the allowance:
- Students will be granted a living allowance of $300 US Dollars per month.
Transfer of the allowance:
- Living allowances will be given to the students on a monthly basis by the International Office of Daejeon University.
In the case that the students have to return to their home countries prior to the proposed completion date and have already received their monthly allowance, they shall transfer the living allowance of the remaining period back to Daejeon University or the AUN Secretariat within 10 days. The academic transcript of the students shall be withheld by Daejeon University until the remaining living allowance is returned to Daejeon University or the AUN Secretariat.
As soon as the selection of the awardees has been made, DJU will send the ‘Certificate of Admission’ to each student through their universities. Upon receiving it, awardees should contact the Korean Embassy/Consulate in their home country to allow them sufficient time to process their visa application. The student shall apply for the appropriate type of visa as early as possible on their own expenses. After that please let the AUN Secretariat knows the results of the visa application immediately. Air tickets of the students will not be sent to the student unless the AUN Secretariat receives a confirmation on the visa completion.
Only basic health insurance will be covered by Daejeon University and the AUN Secretariat. However, all awardees must be responsible for their own health and life insurance during the exchange period in Korea. Daejeon University and the AUN Secretariat will not take responsibility for any incurred expenses.
All students will meet with an officer from the International Office of DJU upon their arrival at the Incheon International Airport.
Living arrangements are provided for the students in fully furnished dorm rooms. Two students will share one dormitory unit. Each room is equipped with heating system, a microwave, a refrigerator, a telephone, and internet connection.
During the semester, meals (3 meals per day) are served for the student at the cafeteria on the ground floor of the dormitory building. During the winter vacation the meals are not included. Students should buy the meals for themselves on their own expenses.
Mr. Guill Marc D. Mariano
Junior Programme Officer
ASEAN University Network Secretariat (AUN)
Room 210 Jamjuree 1 Bldg.
Phayathai Rd., Bangkok 10330,
Tel +662 215 3640
+662 215 3642 ext. 105
Fax +662 216 8808
Mr. Lee, Chang-Won
Institute of International Affairs
Room 15409 Hyehwa Culture Center Building
62 Daehak-ro, Dong-gu
Daejeon, Republic of Korea 300-716
Tel +82 42- 280-2767
Fax +82 42-272-8533
Email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Program 2011 The ASEAN University Network (AUN) in collaboration with Daejeon University (DJU) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Korea are now ready to launch the ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Program between the Republic of Korea and ASEAN Nations 2011 Scholarship Information Full Scholarships
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Jan. 28. 2013 ~ Mar. 15. 2013 Contact: Lee, Chang-Won, +82-42-280-2767, email@example.com Jang, Eun-Bi, +82-42-280-2124, firstname.lastname@example.org Campus Guide Residence halls in Daejeon University are comprised of the 1st Residence Hall, the 2nd Residence Hall, International Residence Hall and the 4th Residence Hall and they are recognized as one of the
GKS (Global Korea Scholarship) for Master Students, Daejeon University, Korea
Daejeon University in South Korea is looking for bright Graduate students interested in learning Korean and pursuing their higher education in South Korea. This is scholarship program running by Korean government. The deadline for application is 18th March. Below are some of the details covered in the Scholarship. Qualification Foreigners whose parents are
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Chungnam National University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Application Period : (Tue.) Feb. 5, ~ (Tue.) Mar. 19, 2013 Evaluation of Major Learning Capability : (Mon.) Mar. 25, ~ (Wed) Apr. 3, 2013 Announcement of Admission Result : (Tue.) Apr. 9, 2013 Contact : Office of Admissions Tel. 82-42-821-5028, Email : email@example.com Dormitory There are two types of rooms, which
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Hannam University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: January 21, 2013~March 15, 2013 Contact: Bobae Oh, Center for International Relations 042-629-7739 / firstname.lastname@example.org Notes Applications should be mailed to the Center for International Relations by 17:00, Friday, March 15, 2013 Applications could be cancelled with insufficient documents. Interview will be held by telephone or Skype. Please contact the Center for International
ASEAN-Korean Youths Asian Cross-Cultural Exploration (ACCE) Camp Programme
Asian Cross-Cultural Exploration (ACCE) Programme is a project between the ASEAN University Network and Multicultural Education and Research Institute (MERI), Yeungnam University. The programme intends to promote the exchanges and mutual understanding of ASEAN-Korean youths, and establish an on-line cultural community. This programme is composed of 2 sub-programmes. The first
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, University of Science & Technology, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Announcement of Applicantion Guide the same with NIIED Application(Post Mail or In person) Feb. 04(Mon.) ~ Mar. 15(Fri.), 2013, by 18:00. In-Depth Interview Mar. 20(Wed.) ~ Mar. 22(Fri.), 2013. Announcement of Final Successful(1st selection) Applicant for UST admission Apr. 12(Fri.), 2013, 17:00 Submission Application Submission, Student Affairs Team, University of Science &
International Summer School, Chungnam National University, Korea
The 7th Chungnam National University International Summer School (ISS) is now announced and will be held on July 23 – August 10, 2012. This program is addressed to UGM undergraduate/graduate students who are still enrolling. Below is the outline of the program: Venue: Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Korea Expenses: $1,000 including application
Master Fellowship in Comparative and International Disability Policy, Thailand
Fellowship Opportunity for Master’s Degree in Comparative and International Disability Policy Institute on Disability and Public Policy The Nippon Foundation will provide full fellowships including tuitions, books, required assistive technology and other support services, to a small group of individuals with disabilities to pursue graduate studies (Master’s level) in Comparative and International
Master Scholarships, KAIST Graduate School of Information and Media Management, Korea
KAIST Graduate School of Information & Media Management KSIM was established in March 2006 with a mission to provide business professionals worldwide with in-depth understanding of the IT convergence paradigm and its business opportunities. Over the past 13 years, the IT department at the KAIST business school, through its MIS and Telecom
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.