The AUS is awarded to freshmen based on academic merit. These freshmen must be citizens or permanent residents of an ASEAN* member country. Singapore citizens are ineligible to apply for the AUS.
Candidates will be considered and shortlisted for interviews through their application for admission to NUS. No separate scholarship application is required.
Terms & conditions
- The scholarship covers tuition fees and provides an annual living allowance of S$5,800. The scholarship is tenable for the minimum period of candidature for the respective undergraduate courses at NUS.
- The scholarship does not carry a bond. However, tuition fees at NUS have been subsidised by the Singapore Ministry of Education (MOE) through the MOE Tution Grant Subsidy. The MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy is not covered under the scholarship scheme. The MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy carries a bond for students who are not Singapore citizens. All Singapore permanent residents and international students taking up the MOE Tuition Grant Subsidy are required to work with a Singapore-registered company of their choice for three years upon graduation. Due to the higher fees and subsidies for the Dental and Medical courses, students in these courses are obliged to work for a longer bond period of five and six years respectively.
- The scholarship is open to students from all faculties. However, candidates should note that due to the highly competitive nature of courses like Medicine, Dentistry and Law, there are limited scholarships for students who wish to pursue these courses.
- Recipients of the scholarship may not concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or award without prior approval from the University.
- The University does not provide any assistance towards travel or other costs nor does it guarantee employment for the scholar upon graduation.
- The scholarship covers the entire duration of undergraduate studies on condition that scholars maintain a minimum CAP (Cumulative Average Point) of 3.5. The academic performance is monitored on a semester basis.
Application & Shortlisting process
- If the scholar decides to terminate the scholarship prematurely, the university reserves the right to impose a repayment on a case-by-case basis.
- All applicants for admission to NUS will be shortlisted automatically through their application for admission.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by June of the year of admission.
- Scholarships are awarded on the basis of competition among eligible candidates. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email for a scholarship interview. Leadership, co-curricular records and other capabilities will be assessed during the interview. Please note that the University shortlists candidates strictly based on academic merit. Not all applicants for the scholarship will be called for an interview.
- NUS reserves the right not to award any scholarship if there are no candidates of sufficient merit. The decision of the selection committee is final. Enquiries or disputes surrounding its decisions will not be entertained.
For enquiries, please click here to send us an email.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
ASEAN Master Scholarships, University of Nottingham, UK
The University of Nottingham is consistently ranked among the world's top 100 universities* and is ranked 8th in the UK for research power**. In 2018 we are offering 20 scholarships of 25% towards tuition fees for students from ASEAN member countries. Closing date 18 May 2018. Who is eligible to apply? You can apply
ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia by Ministry of Education, Singapore
The ASEAN Scholarships for Indonesia is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education Advanced (GCE A) Level (or equivalent) certificate. The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory
MBA Scholarships, Nanyang Business School, NTU Singapore
A limited number of scholarships are available for admitted students, to finance their MBA studies. You will need to be eligible to such scholarships, so check your eligibility first before you apply to the scholarships and apply within the deadlines stipulated. Scholarship results are announced at certain periods – typically
A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship, NUS Graduate School, Singapore
A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship (PGS) Students in Science, Computing and Engineering are invited to apply for A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship. TERMS A stipend during the pursuit of the Bachelor’s degree programme amounting to: $460 per month in Year 1 and Year 2 $560 per month in Year 3 $760 per month in Year 4; and $760 per month in
ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
This scholarship is open to nationals of member countries of ASEAN* (except Singapore) to pursue a designated full-time Masters degree by coursework and dissertation. * ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) consists of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam. Eligibility criteria Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents
ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship, National University of Singapore
The ASEAN Foundation (AF) and NUS have entered into a new agreement to develop high quality human resources within ASEAN member countries through the ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship. The ASEAN Foundation, an initiative of the Leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), was established on 15 December 1997 to
NUS MBA Awards – National University of Singapore
Over S$1 million worth of NUS MBA Study Awards will be awarded to deserving full-time candidates of all nationalities and part-time Singaporean candidates who showcase well-rounded, exceptional and promising profiles. Scholarships will be given based on background, performance during the application process and overall leadership potential of the candidates. Dean's Award:
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – ASEAN, Macquarie University, Australia
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - ASEAN provides a partial scholarship for outstanding students from the ASEAN region to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students. This Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - ASEAN is highly
Undergraduate Scholarships for ASEAN Students, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
To continue strengthening ties between Victoria University of Wellington and the ASEAN region, Victoria is pleased to offer the ASEAN Undergraduate Tuition Fees Scholarships. Purpose of award The purpose of this scholarship is to promote educational opportunities for young ASEAN students with an excellent academic record and leadership potential who meet the
Faculty of Management Executive Dean’s ASEAN Scholarship, Bournemouth University, UK
For courses starting in January 2017 and September 2017 - applications for September 2017 will open early October 2016 Eligibility Any students from ASEAN nations (Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Lao PDR and Brunei Darussalam) applying for a full-time taught Master’s degree within the Faculty of Management's Business
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.