The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) grants scholarships to high caliber Asian students studying abroad within Asia. Under the administration of Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI), the AFLSP provides a platform on which students and educational institutions can cultivate lasting relationships based on mutual trust and understanding—essential tools for building bridges across cultures.
Zhejiang University (ZJU) is participating in the AFLSP as one of its Anchor Universities. Applications for School of Public Affairs, School of Economics, School of Management, College of Media and International Culture, School of Humanities, School of International Studies and College of Education will be given priority.
COVERAGE OF THE SCHOLARSHIP
- Tuition waiver;
- Free accommodation on campus;
- Living allowance: CNY 6,000 per month (ten months per year, up to two years);
- International students medical insurance (relevant medical insurance items can be found on http://en.lxbx.net)
Note: the scholarship duration is two academic years regardless of length of schooling.
- Applicants must hold citizenship of an Asian country (other than the People’s Republic of China).
- Applicants must be in good health condition.
- Applicants must be Bachelor degree holders or graduating students normally at the age of 35 or below (born after April 30, 1983).
- Applicants must have academic excellence, honesty and integrity, open vision, sense of responsibility and mission.
- Applicants must appreciate the mission and vision of the AFLSP Program.
- If admitted to the Program, applicants shall stay enrolled as a full-time student at Zhejiang University and actively participate in various activities organized by the university.
- Applicants must agree to sign a student commitment letter stipulated by Bai Xian Asia Institute.
- Language proficiency requirements:
- Applicants for Chinese-taught programs of literature, history, philosophy, education and law should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 210, or HSK certificate of level 5 or above; applicants for other Chinese-taught programs should have a level 4 HSK certificate with minimum score of 190, or HSK certificate of level 5 or above. Applicants with TOEFL or IELTS certificates will be given priority.
- There are no Chinese language proficiency requirements for applicants of English-taught programs, but they (except for English native speakers) must have an internet-based TOEFL test score of 90 or IELTS test score of 6.5 (or above).
Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
Please make sure all the mailed application documents arrive before the deadline.
Please note the winter break is from January 26th 2019 to February 21st 2019, during which there will be no real-time processing of your application.
- Applicants shall fill in and submit the Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University via the International Students Online Application System first (click here), then print and sign the application form produced by the online application system. Note: After login, please choose “Master’s Program”.
- Use the same Username and Password of Zhejiang University’s International Students Online Application System to log on the Scholarship Application portal (click here). After login, click “Apply for Asian Future Leaders Scholarship” at the lower left side of the page, submit the application form, then print out the application form and sign.
- Applicants MUST submit or post all the following application materials (strictly in required order) to the Admission Office of the International College of Zhejiang University in person or entrust others with that by the deadline. The application package should be labeled “Asian Future Leaders Scholarship”. The incomplete application materials or the application submitted by email will NOT be processed. Additional documents may be required when necessary. Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
Be sure to strictly bind and place in the following order:
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University with a recent photograph.
- Application Form for Asian Future Leaders Scholarship with a recent photograph.
- A photocopy of passport.
- Student commitment letter. (download)
- Degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. If admitted, applicants need to submit the required degree certificate upon registration. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts during Bachelor’s degree study, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Photocopies of language proficiency certificates:
- Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Please also provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score (if any).
- Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
- Personal Statement in English including study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal. No less than 1000 words.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be provided on the letter.)
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable).
- Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 800 Yuan). (Bank account)
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor (download). (If any)
Room 3504, International College Building, Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Tel: 0086 571 87951456
ADMISSION AND NOTIFICATION
Zhejiang University will review all the application materials. Decisions for admission and for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicants’ competitiveness, academic record and otherwise. Scholarship awardees will be informed by email.
- Scholarship awardees must register within the specified time set by Zhejiang University. Scholarships will not be reserved for those who fail to register on time without valid reasons.
- Scholarships will be canceled for those who fail to pass the verification of their health examination.
- The duration of the scholarship may not be extended if the awardees fail to finish the studies.
- Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies due to illness or for other reasons will not be reserved.
- Students will participate in one BXAI Summer Program organized by Bai Xian Asia Institute.
- Scholarships will be canceled for those who fail to participate in Bai Xian Lectures, group research projects, field trips and other plans as stipulated by the Program.
- Scholarships will be canceled for those who violate school rules and Vision & Mission of Bai Xian and those with poor academic or behavioral performance.
Ms. Xu, AFLSP Program Coordinator, International College, Zhejiang University:
Tel: 0086 571 87951456
Fax: 0086 571 87951755
The right of interpreting this document belongs to Zhejiang University.
For more information, please visit: iczu.zju.edu.cn.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Sociology and Politics, University of Bristol, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Undergraduate Maths Scholarships for International Students, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
International Postgraduate Scholarships, Zhejiang University, China
Zhejiang University Scholarship for International Postgraduate Students 2017 Scholarship Categories and Duration Doctoral degree: 3-4 academic years Master’s degree: 2-3 academic years Eligibility Requirements Applicants must meet the requirements prescribed in Doctoral Degree Programs Admission 2017(link) or Master's Degree Programs Admission 2017 ( link ). Applicants should have a competitive academic record
Fellowship Grant, Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore
The Asian Civilisations Museum (ACM) in Singapore invites scholars specialising in Buddhist art or Indian Trade Textiles to apply for a 12-month research fellowship. The applications will be screened by a committee of eminent scholars and will be administered by the Research and Publication Unit (RPU) of ACM. The research fellowships
Eurasian University Network for International Cooperation in Earthquakes (EU-NICE) Scholarships
Eurasian University Network for International Cooperation in Earthquakes EU-NICE is a scholarship and mobility project funded under the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Partnership (EMA2) coordinated by the Sapienza University of Rome. The project is aimed at fostering scientific cooperation in the field of earthquake mitigation between European and Asian Higher Education
Erasmus Mundus 2010 MSc Scholarships in Photonics, Europe
Five leading research and educational institutions in Europe are collaborating to offer a joint Erasmus Mundus Master of Science program in Photonics, providing a top-quality eduction in all aspects of photonics. The master programme has a duration of two years (120 ECTS points), with students spending a year in two
IMD MBA Future Leaders Scholarships, Switzerland
IMD offers a variety of MBA scholarships and applicants may apply to several simultaneously, however only one scholarship can be awarded per candidate. Scholarships are granted subject to nomination by the scholarship selection committee, acceptance into the program and confirmation of your intention to participate in the program by paying
Erasmus Mundus Action 2 (EMA2) Scholarships, Europe
The Erasmus Mundus Action 2 (EMA2) is a co-operation and mobility scheme in the area of higher education co-operation launched by Europe Aid cooperation Office and implemented by the Executive Agency Education, Audiovisual and Culture (EACEA). The EMA2 objective is to achieve better understanding and mutual
Scholarships for Overseas Students, Jiaxing University, China
In order to attract more international students and encourage them to make greater efforts in their study, JXU has set forth the relevant stipulations regarding scholarship as stated below: Scholarship for excellent freshmen Scholarship for excellent students of undergraduate program Scholarship for excellent students of Non-degree program Fundamental Requirements for scholarship
China Scholarship Council Full Scholarships
China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC), entrusted by the Ministry of Education of China, is responsible for the enrollment and administration of Chinese Government Scholarship Programs. China Three Gorges University is one of the authorized universities to accept the CSC full scholarship students for PhD programs. We welcome
Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship, Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS), Singapore
Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre Fellowship Program 2010, ISEAS, Singapore The Nalanda-Sriwijaya Centre of the Institute of Southeast Asian Studies (ISEAS) in Singapore, which pursues research on historical interactions among Asian societies and civilizations, is accepting applications from scholars who wish to undertake research and writing in the area of intra-Asian historical interactions during
Future Leaders MBA Scholarship, Imperial College London, UK
The Future Leaders Scholarships are awarded to applicants demonstrating an outstanding track record of leadership and/or outstanding leadership potential, a focused career plan and a strong overall application. Awards of up to £51,000 are available. If you want to be considered for this scholarship, you should make sure you submit your
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.