National Science Scholarship (NSS) – BS
The NSS (BS) funds undergraduate studies at top overseas universities in Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering disciplines. The scholarship provides opportunities to work in some of the world’s best research institutes (RIs) and learn from the best scientific talents in a stimulating and nurturing environment. Upon successful completion of undergraduate studies and a one-year research attachment in A*STAR RIs, scholars will be further supported for PhD studies.
- Singaporeans or other nationals intending to take up Singapore citizenship
- Excellent results for GCE ‘A’ Level (minimum 11 academic units), International Baccalaureate (IB), NUS High School diploma or equivalent
- Candidates are expected to sit for SATs prior to, or during the course of their application, and score as follows:
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience and notable achievements in science- or math-related projects and activities
– SAT I – 2100 minimum
– SAT II – 1400 minimum
For Outgoing ‘A’ Level Curriculum
- Candidates should have at least 4 distinctions in relevant ‘A’ level subjects and at least 1 ‘S’ paper merit
For candidates on GCE ‘A’ Level syllabus
- Candidates must offer 11 units or more
- Attained As in three H2 Science or Mathematics subjects
- Graded at least merit in one H3 Science or Mathematics subject
- Those without relevant H3 subjects must have A3 in four H2 Science and Mathematics subjects.
For candidates on International Baccalaureate (IB) syllabus
- Obtained at least 39 points including 6,7,7 in higher level for Science and Mathematics subjects (exception will be made if candidate took Further Maths)
- Attained at least 1 bonus point for Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge
For candidates from NUS High School of Mathematics and Science
- Attained subject CAP of 3.60 and above, majoring in at least 3 of the following sunjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (one of which must be with Honours)
- Graded at least merit for their final year research project.
Successful candidates will be given support for undergraduate study, comprising*:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly sustenance allowance
- Annual book allowance
- Annual return airfare
- Computer allowance
- Warm clothing allowance and settling-in allowance
*Rates/allowances vary according to country and university, and are subject to adjustments by A*STAR from time to time
The NSS (BS) scholarship comes with a six-year service commitment comprising:
- A compulsory 1-year research attachment* at an A*STAR Research Institute between the BS and PhD studies.
- Five years at A*STAR’s Research Institutes upon completion of PhD studies.
*NSS(BS) scholars who have completed their undergraduate studies may be considered for the Duke-NUS GMS MD PhD programme on a highly competitive basis. A*STAR will fund only the PhD phase of the MD-PhD programme, subject to scholars meeting the yearly academic requirements during the MD phase. Interested scholars must notify A*STAR and submit their application to A*GA in advance.
Scholars shorlisted and approved by the A*STAR interview panel will then apply to GMS for admission. Upon successful completion of the MD/PhD programme and housemanship, scholars may be considered for clinical specialist training in Singapore, subject to their academic performance, aptitude and research needs of A*STAR.
NSS(BS) scholars who wish to pursue other MD-PhD programmes must notify and obtain approval from A*STAR before applying for admission into the programme.
To apply for NSS (BS), click here to find the application form. Please submit application form with supporting documents by post to:
A*STAR Graduate Academy
Agency for Science, Technology and Research
20 Biopolis Way, #08-01 Centros
Applications deadline is 31 March 2011. All hardcopies and supporting documents to reach us by 31 March 2011, 23:59. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Email A*GA Scholarship Officers:
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
A*STAR India Youth Scholarship, Ministry of Education, Singapore
The A*STAR India Youth Scholarship is tenable for 4 years leading to the award of the Singapore-Cambridge General Certificate of Education ‘Advanced’ (GCE ‘A’) Level (or equivalent) certificate. The Scholarship is for studies in selected Singapore schools from Secondary Three to Pre-University Two and is renewed annually, subject to the satisfactory
A*STAR Undergraduate Scholarships, NUS, NTU, SUTD, Singapore
AUS supports bright individuals with a keen interest in research for a Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering at the National University of Singapore, the Nanyang Technological University and the Singapore University of Technology and Design. Upon graduation, scholars have the flexibility to pursue their PhD studies locally or abroad
A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship, NUS Graduate School, Singapore
A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship (PGS) Students in Science, Computing and Engineering are invited to apply for A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship. TERMS A stipend during the pursuit of the Bachelor’s degree programme amounting to: $460 per month in Year 1 and Year 2 $560 per month in Year 3 $760 per month in Year 4; and $760 per month in
NUS MBA Awards – National University of Singapore
Over S$1 million worth of NUS MBA Study Awards will be awarded to deserving full-time candidates of all nationalities and part-time Singaporean candidates who showcase well-rounded, exceptional and promising profiles. Scholarships will be given based on background, performance during the application process and overall leadership potential of the candidates. Dean's Award:
ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship, National University of Singapore
The ASEAN Undergraduate Scholarship (AUS) is offered by the National University of Singapore (NUS) to full-time NUS undergraduates who have outstanding academic merit and co-curricular activities. Eligibility The AUS is awarded to freshmen based on academic merit. These freshmen must be citizens or permanent residents of an ASEAN* member country. Singapore citizens
PhD Scholarships in Membrane Science, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
There are several PhD scholarships available for Jan 2010 intake at the Singapore Membrane Technology Center (SMTC), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. If you are interested in membrane technology for water and environments, and would like to apply for PhD study at SMTC, please contact A/Prof. Wang Rong (rwang[ at ]ntu.edu.sg)
NGS Scholarship (NGSS), National University of Singapore
The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research. Terms Monthly stipend of S$3,200 up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier. Other allowances include computer allowance book allowance conference allowance. Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot
The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
The Singapore Ministry of Education has established 100 four-year fellowships for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre). The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best and
Undergraduate & Master Scholarships, Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA)
The Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) supports short-term research attachments for international students at A*STAR. It provides a unique opportunity for top overseas students to experience the vibrant scientific environment in A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia. Students will be able to work with distinguished and
Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students, Singapore
The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private sector scholarship administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS). Each year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam,
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.