For: High-achieving students applying for the Bachelor of Medical Science program at Griffith University. This degree, designed for high-achieving secondary school leavers, provides the opportunity for you to progress directly into our Doctor of Medicine (5099). If you do not have a Letter of Offer for your degree program, please visit ‘How to apply‘ for instructions on how to lodge an application for admission before lodging a scholarship application.
Award value and benefits: $10,000 in total (two payments of $5,000 in first year of the program).
- Trimester 1 2019 – Applications close Friday, 2 November 2018 (for 25 February commencement). Outcome notified by 16 November.
Can I apply?
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have applied and be eligible for admission, or be in receipt of a conditional or unconditional offer from the University, for entry into the Bachelor of Medical Science by the scholarship closing date.
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed degree program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University’s entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new a full-time student in the Bachelor of Medical Science degree in Trimester 1 2019 at Griffith University.
What do I include in my application?
Applicants must provide and will be assessed by a University panel on:
- A completed scholarship application form by the published closing date.
- A certified/attested true copy of academic transcripts and supporting documentation demonstrating strong academic merit.
- Assessment of a Personal Statement addressing the three questions listed below for applicants to outline their merit for the scholarship.
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your knowledge of the profession of medicine and the broader role of medicine in the health care system.
- Demonstrate (and provide examples of) your leadership and team work skills. Please also indicate your career plans for the future.
- Outline any challenges you have faced in your education and in what way you have sought to overcome these challenges.
Scholarships will be assessed and awarded based on recommendations by a University panel.
Scholarship is valued at $10,000 in total and is for tuition fees only. Two deductions of $5,000 will be applied in the first trimester and second trimester of the program. It will be applied by the Griffith University census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
Terms and conditions
- Griffith University entry requirements apply.
- Scholarship applies to Bachelor of Medical Science tuition fees only.
- Scholarship is valued at $10,000 in total and is for tuition fees only. Two deductions of $5,000 will be applied in the first trimester and second trimester of the program. It will be applied by the Griffith University census date of each relevant trimester of the program.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued from Griffith International Admissions.
- Students must be enrolled full-time to receive the tuition fee reduction.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- To maintain scholarship eligibility, students must pass all courses in each trimester of studies and successfully progress on to enrol in the next trimester.
- Scholarship numbers are limited. When the limit for scholarship acceptances has been reached, the Griffith International Scholarship office will advise applicants that all available scholarships have been awarded and the scholarships are withdrawn.
- Deferral of scholarships is not permitted.
Scholarship applicants will be advised in writing of the outcome of the scholarship and will be given a date by which to accept the scholarship.
Scholarship offers not accepted by the specified date will be withdrawn. Please note that students need to accept both their program offer and scholarship offer to secure a scholarship place.
For more information, please visit: www.griffith.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
Palaeontology Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
The PhD project will complement research on the ARC-funded Future Fellowship recently awarded to Dr Julien Louys (2017-20) investigating the environments of Pleistocene Sumatra, as preserved by its vertebrate fossil record.There is scope for the PhD candidate to study any aspect of taphonomy and site formation processes related to the
PhD Scholarship in Forestry and Environmental Science, Griffith University, Australia
A full PhD scholarship valued at $27,000 per annum is available to work on a major externally funded project within the Environmental Futures Centre at Griffith University.Project: Wyaralong dam carbon offset and greenhouse gas investigation program Funded by: Queensland Water InfrastructureThe successful PhD candidate will work on
Excellence in Nursing Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
The National Health and Medical Research Council Centre of Research Excellence in Nursing Interventions for Hospitalised Patients was established 1 November, 2010. There are two main foci of the NCRENCompromised Skin Integrity, including pressure ulcers, intravascular devices and surgical wounds; and Symptom Management including pain, anxiety and delirium.The main functions of
The Clem Jones Undergraduate Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
The aim of the scholarship is to assist students with high levels of sporting and academic ability to gain tertiary qualifications from which they and the community will benefit. The scholarship will financially assist applicants on low incomes with additional cost associated with university.There are two scholarships available, valued at
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
The Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (GUIPRS) are available during the University's mid- and end-of-year research scholarship rounds. The GUIPRS covers tuition fees for the student for up to three years for doctoral candidates and up to two years for research masters candidates. In addition, the scholarship covers Overseas
International Public Health Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
Eberhard Wenzel Scholarship for International Public Health The late Dr Eberhard Wenzel was an academic in the School of Public Health and worked in public health with a range of international health agencies for over 20 years. Dr Wenzel had a tremendous knowledge and understanding of public health issues facing humanity
Business H3 Global Research Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
Griffith Business School, in collaboration with strong Global Advisors Pty Ltd is offering a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) scholarship worth $AU 32,000 per year.This scholarship is for applicants wishing to undertake full time study in applied finance research topics such as: market efficiency, market microstructure, transaction costs, asset allocation and
Griffith Centre for Coastal Management Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
The Griffith Centre for Coastal Management is pleased to invite applications for a full funded PhD scholarship to work on a major research project funded by the Australian Government’s National Environmental Science Programme in partnership with the Queensland State Government Office of the Great Barrier Reef and the Department of
Scholarships for Students from Singapore, Malaysia & Indonesia – University of Western Australia
The International Undergraduate Scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and enthusiasm for science research for students from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.A total of three scholarships are available and each scholarship is valued at $15,000 over three yearsTo be eligible to apply, students must:Be completing, or have completed,
Arjen Ryder Memorial Scholarship, University of Western Australia
The Arjen Ryder Memorial Scholarship has been established in honour of Mr. Arjen Ryder and his wife Yvonne to encourage and assist a high achieving undergraduate student to pursue a Bachelor of Science (Honours), or Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours), with a thesis relating to sustainable agricultural practices at the UWA
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.