Chevening is the UK Government’s global scholarship programme that offers future leaders the unique opportunity to study in the UK. These scholarships are awarded to outstanding professionals from your country and beyond to pursue a one-year master’s degree in any subject at any UK university.
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
If you have ambition, leadership potential, and a strong academic background, we encourage you to apply to study in the UK, a classroom like no other.
How to apply
Applications for 2019/2020 Chevening Scholarships are open from 6 August. They close on 6 November 2018 at 12:00 GMT.
Applications can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on this page.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Valid passport/national ID card
- University transcripts and degree certificates (undergraduate, postgraduate)
- Three different UK master’s course choices
- Names of two referees who know you in a professional or academic capacity
Please note that if you are shortlisted for an award, you will be required to log into the online application system and request a reference from your referees. The request will generate an email to the referees and they will need to submit the reference by Monday, 25 February 2019. If your referees do not submit by this deadline, you will be unable to proceed with an interview.
Selection updates and timelines
Once you apply for a 2019/2020 Chevening Scholarship you will receive email updates about your application status at each step of the selection process. You can also check your status on the online application system. Log in using the details you registered with. Take a look at the Chevening application timeline and our FAQs for a better understanding of the upcoming stages of the selection process.
Due to the large number of applications received, we are unable to provide individual application status updates or feedback to unsuccessful applicants. Please do not contact your British embassy or high commission with application enquiries.
You may wish to review the guidance below to help you with the next steps.
Notice: We have been made aware of agencies offering assistance on Chevening Scholarship applications for a fee. We can confirm that these agencies are not approved or endorsed by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, or the Chevening Secretariat. We advise potential applicants against the use of these services in the strongest possible terms. Use of a paid for service for Chevening applications is not permitted.
What is included?
- university tuition fees
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Chevening is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and partner organisations. Our partners contribute to Chevening in various ways, helping us to develop talented individuals from across the globe who will go on to be future leaders and decision makers.
The below partner organisations co-sponsor Chevening Awards in your country, enabling us to offer more Chevening Scholars the opportunity to study in the UK.
If your application is successful and you have applied to study a subject or degree programme supported by one of our partners, you will be considered for a co-sponsored Chevening Award.
Find out more about our partner organisations, the areas of study they support and why they have committed to supporting Chevening in your country by reading their profiles.
- Bangor University
- Birkbeck, University of London
- Bournemouth University
- Brunel University
- Cardiff University
- Coventry University
- Durham University
- Newcastle University
- Oxford University Diplomatic Studies Programme
- Queen Mary University of London
- Robert Gordon University
- Schumacher College
- St George’s, University of London
- Swansea University
- University of Birmingham
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Bath
- University of Bristol
- University of Cambridge
- University of Central Lancashire
- University of Dundee
- University of East Anglia
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Exeter
- University of Glasgow
- University of Leeds
- University of Nottingham
- University of Oxford
- University of Reading
- University of Salford
- University of South Wales
- University of Southampton
- University of Stirling
- University of Surrey
- University of Warwick
- BBC World Service
- International Students House
- CIMB Group Holdings Berhad
- Prudence Foundation
- Rio Tinto
- Shell Centenary Fund
For more information, please visit: www.chevening.org.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
Chevening Scholarships for Indonesian & East Timor Citizens, UK
The British Chevening Awards programme, funded by the British Government (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) and administered by the British Council, has awarded over 1000 scholarship and fellowships to Indonesians since 1984. Full scholarships are offered for one year Master degrees at United Kingdom universities and other professional institutions. The scholarships would
Chevening Scholarship, University of Sussex, UK
Chevening is the UK government's international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture
Master Scholarship by UK Government – British Chevening Awards 2010/2011, UK
The UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), through the British Council in Indonesia, has now opened the application window for Chevening Scholarship Awards for the 2010/11 academic year. These scholarships will provide full funding for one year Masters (S2) programmes in the UK starting in September 2010. Over the last 20
Chevening Scholarships, University of Bristol, UK
Chevening Scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. The programme makes awards to outstanding scholars with leadership potential from around the world to study postgraduate courses at universities in the UK. A full Chevening scholarship usually includes Payment of
Master Degree Scholarship, British Chevening Awards, UK
Prestigious scholarship programs provided by the Government of the British Empire which is managed by the British Council. More than 1000 scholarship recipients in Indonesia since 1984. This offered a full scholarship for one-year master`s program in English. Chevening has been in Indonesia since 1984. Varied subjects including media, finance, economics, politics, law,
Chevening Scholarships 2010/11, Study in UK
The Chevening Scholarships programme is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in the United Kingdom and administered by the British Council. The programme offers outstanding graduates and young professionals the opportunity to study at UK universities. The awards are made for one year's formal study for a postgraduate qualification
Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships (OCISS), University of Oxford, UK
The Chevening Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Fellowship is a collaboration between the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and OCIS. The Chevening OCIS Fellowship is aimed at mid-career academics or professionals who are dedicated to the promotion of academic activities which encourage a more informed understanding of the culture
8 Full Scholarships for Indonesia, Jordan or Syria Students, University of Nottingham, UK
Open Society Institute / Foreign and Commonwealth Office Chevening / University of Nottingham Scholarship 8 Full Scholarships: Each covering tuition fees, living expenses, return air fare, plus agreed allowances Available for students who are from Indonesia, Jordan or Syria AND are nationals of, and resident in, the selected country AND already hold a first university degree
Summer School Utrecht Scholarship, Indonesian Young Leaders, Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs, Leiden University, Netherlands
Summer School Courses 2010 Apply now for a Summerschool Scholarship and spend your summer studying in the Netherlands! The Indonesian Young Leaders programme is a continuation of the intensive cooperation between the Indonesian Ministry of Religious Affairs and Leiden University, which started in 1985 with INIS, Indonesian-Netherlands Cooperation in Islamic Studies. The
Study in The Netherlands, StuNed Scholarships for Students from Indonesia
The Dutch government offers scholarships for master’s programs and short course to the mid-career professionals Indonesia. Participants preferred a woman and comes from outside Java with a minimum GPA of 2.75 and s1 have experience working for two years after graduation from S1. What is StuNed scholarship StuNed, abbreviation of Studeren in
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.