In line with our vision to become Southeast Asia’s most valued universal banking group, CIMB Group is committed towards building the region’s intellectual properties and capabilities. With this in mind, CIMB Group has established the CIMB Regional Scholarship, which aims to provide outstanding individuals from all Southeast Asian countries a chance to pursue full-time postgraduate degree programmes at top graduate schools throughout the world.
For this purpose, CIMB Group seeks highly talented individuals who have attained an impressive track record of academic and personal achievements and can see themselves playing a significant role in the development of Southeast Asia.
This year, we are seeking to award 5 scholarships to deserving individuals in two areas: the Arts and Environmental Studies.
ELIGIBILITY & SCHOLARSHIP COVERAGE
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A citizen of any Southeast Asia country
- Have gained acceptance at a top graduate school to pursue postgraduate degree programme in the fields of study offered at the time when the CIMB Regional Scholarship is awarded
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree with minimum CGPA of 3.00/4.00 or equivalent (for Master’s Degree applicants), or a Master’s Degree with good examiner’s report or equivalent (for Doctoral Degree applicants) that is relevant to the course or field applied for
- Do not hold any other scholarships, awards or grants that come with any contractual obligation between the recipient and the provider
Relevant work experience, where applicable, is an added advantage.
FIELDS OF STUDY
We believe that there’s more to the fields of arts and environmental studies. And that behind the passion to succeed, is the desire to make the difference and see the very change you had only imagined possible, happen. With our support, you are one step closer to realising that change.
If the following examples of arts study in Southeast Asia are your passion, we will be pleased to hear from you.
If you have passion in finding solutions for environmental issues of our region such as the examples below, we will be glad to partner you in creating a more sustainable environment.
- Deficiencies in urbanisation and industrialisation planning
- Deforestation and soil degradation
- Loss of biodiversity
- Transboundary atmospheric and coastal pollution
- Deteriorating water quality and availability
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further assessment and / or interview. The assessment process shall comprise of 3 stages as follows:
Applicants will be screened to ensure that they meet all eligibility criteria, and shortlisted based on the following pre-selection criteria.
- Academic or career and other relevant achievements where applicable
- Postgraduate programme applied; whether the knowledge gained will significantly benefit Southeast Asia region
- University of study; whether it is one of the top graduate schools in the world for the field of study applied
- Applicant’s personal statement on how they plan to contribute to Southeast Asia region after completion of studies
The above list is not exhaustive and CIMB Group reserves the right to amend the criteria from time to time.
Applicants will need to go through several online assessments.
Applicants will be interviewed by a panel of interviewers.
To facilitate notification process, applicants must ensure that all contact details provided in the application form are accurate and updated. If you are shortlisted, we will get in touch with you via email. Therefore, please check your email from time to time.
- Have a track record of outstanding achievements that are relevant to the proposed field of study
- Demonstrate potential to contribute significantly to the region, given the opportunity to further studies
- Active involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Possess the required competencies (leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, energy level, etc)
Application closing date is 3 August 2011.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) Who can apply for the CIMB Regional Scholarship?
Application is open to all citizens of Southeast Asian countries who wish to pursue a postgraduate degree in the field of Arts and Environmental Studies at a top graduate school.
2) Do I need to have been accepted by a graduate school to apply?
Yes, at the point the scholarship is awarded. However, those who have already applied to a graduate school and are waiting for the outcome of their applications may also apply. Scholarships will only be awarded upon you gaining acceptance by the school.
3) Can I apply if I am currently undergoing a postgraduate programme?
Yes, you can apply for the CIMB Regional Scholarship provided that you meet the eligibility criteria.
4) How do I apply?
All applications must be submitted online at www.cimb.com. Certificates, university acceptance letter and other supporting documents need not be submitted online. It will only be required if you are shortlisted for the next round of assessment.
5) I am unable to finish filling up the application form now. Can I save the completed sections and continue at a later time?
Yes, you can. You may click on the ‘Save As Draft’ button below the form to save the completed sections and log in again using your registered email ID to continue at a later time. Click on the ‘Submit’ button when you have completed your form. Please ensure that all details provided are accurate as no amendments will be allowed once you have submitted your application
6) I forgot my password. What should I do?
Click on “Forgot Password” at the login page. An email with a new password will be sent to you.
7) How do I know that CIMB Group has received my application?
You will receive an on-screen confirmation message after you click on the ‘Submit’ button at the end of the application form.
8) How do I know whether I am shortlisted?
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for further assessment and / or interview. Therefore, please ensure that all contact details provided in the application form are accurate. In the event you are shortlisted, we will get in touch with you primarily via your registered email account. Therefore, please check your email from time to time.
9) Can I appeal if I’m not shortlisted?
No, all decisions of the selection committee are final.
10) I missed the online application deadline. Can I submit my application manually?
No. Only applications submitted online at www.cimb.com during the specified time frame will be accepted. Any submission after the deadline will not be entertained.
11) What is the coverage of the CIMB Regional Scholarship?
The scholarship covers all compulsory academic fees such as registration fees, tuition fees, exam fees, book allowance, computer equipment allowance, subsistence allowance, insurance, airfare, etc.
12) If I do not complete the programme or fail to obtain the postgraduate degree, do I need to repay CIMB Group?
Yes, you will need to repay all expenditure borne by CIMB Group.
13) Will I be bonded with CIMB Group upon graduation?
No, you will not be bonded with CIMB Group upon graduation. However, you must contribute back or work in any of the country in Southeast Asia region for a minimum of 3 years upon graduation.
14) I have family members working in CIMB Group, can I apply?
Yes, you can as long as you meet all the eligibility criteria.
15) If I have enquiries, who can I contact?
You may reach us via email at email@example.com
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
CIMB Regional Scholarship for Postgraduate Students from Southeast Asia, Malaysia
In line with our vision to become Southeast Asia`s most valued universal banking group, CIMB Group is committed towards building the region`s intellectual properties and capabilities. With this in mind, CIMB Group has established the CIMB Regional Scholarship, which aims to provide outstanding individuals from all Southeast Asian countries a
Southeast Asia Scholarship, University of Westminster, UK
Amount Full tuition fee award, accommodation, living expenses and flights to and from London.Eligibility You must be a student from Southeast Asia and hold an offer for a full-time Masters at the University. For the list of eligible nations, please see appendix G below.Criteria Equivalent to a UK First Class Honours degree, financial
Khazanah Asia Scholarship for Postgraduate in Collaboration with CIMB Niaga & XL Axiata
At Yayasan Khazanah, we firmly believe that good education inspires people to shape and build a better future. With the aim of contributing towards the social development of the countries where we operate in, we seek to develop potential leaders capable of making valuable contributions to their nation.We seek only
Islam and Law in Southeast Asia Fieldwork Scholarships, University of Melbourne, Australia
Some limited funding is available to assist research into Islam-related issues relevant to Southeast Asia. ‘Islam and Law in Southeast Asia’ Fieldwork Scholarships of up to A$2,000 are available for Masters or PhD candidates enrolled at the University of Melbourne. The scholarships must be used to support fieldwork in Southeast
Asia Center Graduate Summer Research Grants, Harvard University, USA
Asia Center Graduate Summer Language Grants for East, South and Southeast Asian Language Study, Harvard University.These grants are offered jointly by the Harvard University Asia Center, the Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, the Korea Institute, and the Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies. These grants are for students
Interview Calon Penerima Beasiswa Unggulan CIMB Niaga dari UI & IPB
Pengumuman pelaksanaan Interview untuk kandidat Universitas Indonesia & Institut Pertanian Bogor:Hari : Selasa, 11 Oktober 2011 Waktu : Pukul 09.00 – 12.30 WIB Tempat : Graha CIMB Niaga, Lantai M Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 58 Jakarta 12190 DKI JakartaCatatan:Interview akan dilaksanakan secara panel, dimana interview dilakukan oleh 2 pewawancara dari CIMB Niaga. Kandidat
Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) for consideration for the award of Asian Graduate Student Fellowships. These fellowships are offered to current graduate students doing their Master’s or
Beasiswa Unggulan CIMB Niaga, Universitas Padjadjaran (UNPAD), Indonesia
Program Beasiswa Unggulan CIMB Niaga ditujukan untuk mahasiswa baru Unpad Tahun Akademik 2011/2012 dari:Fakultas Hukum Fakultas Ekonomi Fakultas MIPA (Jurusan Statistika dan Matematika) Fakultas Ilmu Komunikasi Fakultas PsikologiDengan persyaratan sebagai berikut:Mengisi formulir pendaftaran Program Beasiswa Unggulan CIMB Niaga (formulir telah tersedia di Bagian Kemahasiswaan masing-masing fakultas) Mahasiswa baru tahun akademik 2011/2012 Nilai rat-rata UN minimal 8.00 Melampirkan
CIMB Regional Scholarship for Master & Doctoral in Genetics & Nutrition Studies
In line with our vision to be The Leading ASEAN Franchise, CIMB Group is committed towards building the region’s intellectual properties and capabilities. With this in mind, CIMB Group has established the CIMB Regional Scholarship, which aims to provide outstanding individuals from all ASEAN countries a chance to pursue full-time
PhD Position in Southeast Asian Pop Music, Leiden University, Netherlands
Within the NWO funded project 'Articulating Modernity: the Making of Popular Music in 20th Century Southeast Asia and the Rise of New Audiences'.This is a joint project with the Royal Netherlands Institute of Southeast Asian and Caribbean Studies (KITLV) and the Netherlands Institute for War Documentation (NIOD). The project analyzes
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.