The ABC John Bean ACS Memorial Scholarship for Cinematography, established in 2012, recognise and honours the talent of the late John Bean ACS, an alumnus of Griffith Film School (GFS).
The biennial scholarship encourages excellence in cinematography and supports the ongoing study of a talented student in the field of cinematography, with a focus on documentary.
$25,000 Cash donation towards the enrolment of the Master in Screen Production at Griffith Film School plus an intensive internship with the ABC News camera crew for a total period of 6 weeks.
The scholarship is valued at $25,000, paid in instalments, and an intensive internship with the ABC News camera crew for a total period of 6 weeks.
Scholarship monies will be issued in two payments, direct to your nominated bank account, after the first trimester census date for each year of study;
- $16,500 paid in 2019
- $8,500 paid in 2020. (Conditional to the successful completion of, or every effort made to complete, the internship period in year one).
Internship dates are to be mutually agreed and scheduled prior to the University Census dates. The best times for internships (according to program production) are either February to May or July to October. The internship can be arranged to take place in any national location. travel and accommodation costs are at the scholarship winner’s own expense and the internship location will take account of this.
The internship is offered with no expectation of employment.
Can I apply?
To be eligible you must:
- Applications must hold an undergraduate degree in film or a related field, with a proven track record in cinematography
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to cinematography as the primary focus of their career
- Applicants must enrol or be enrolled in the Masters of Screen Production, to commence study in 2019 specialising in cinematography.
- For full-time students only
- Griffith Film School encourages and welcomes applicants from diverse or disadvantaged communities.
What do I include in my application?
To be considered for this scholarship you must complete the following sections within the application:
- Tertiary education history – must hold an undergraduate degree in film or a related field, with a proven track record in cinematography
- Personal statements
- Career goals and aims – what are your career aspiration?
- Experiences – outline your commitment to the craft and your desire for cinematography and camera work to be the focus of your career.
You must upload the following in the supporting documentation section. (Please use only the following formats – pdf, word, jpeg, or excel, we can only guarantee these formats will be accepted).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) – including details of your creative work to date, as well as your education and employment history (optional)
- Other attachment – include details of your portfolio
Applications close: 5:00pm Wednesday 21 November 2018
For more information, please visit: www.griffith.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Palaeontology Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
The PhD project will complement research on the ARC-funded Future Fellowship recently awarded to Dr Julien Louys (2017-20) investigating the environments of Pleistocene Sumatra, as preserved by its vertebrate fossil record. There is scope for the PhD candidate to study any aspect of taphonomy and site formation processes related to the
PhD Scholarship in Forestry and Environmental Science, Griffith University, Australia
A full PhD scholarship valued at $27,000 per annum is available to work on a major externally funded project within the Environmental Futures Centre at Griffith University. Project: Wyaralong dam carbon offset and greenhouse gas investigation program Funded by: Queensland Water Infrastructure The successful PhD candidate will work on
The Clem Jones Undergraduate Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
The aim of the scholarship is to assist students with high levels of sporting and academic ability to gain tertiary qualifications from which they and the community will benefit. The scholarship will financially assist applicants on low incomes with additional cost associated with university. There are two scholarships available, valued at
International Public Health Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
Eberhard Wenzel Scholarship for International Public Health The late Dr Eberhard Wenzel was an academic in the School of Public Health and worked in public health with a range of international health agencies for over 20 years. Dr Wenzel had a tremendous knowledge and understanding of public health issues facing humanity
Business H3 Global Research Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
Griffith Business School, in collaboration with strong Global Advisors Pty Ltd is offering a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) scholarship worth $AU 32,000 per year. This scholarship is for applicants wishing to undertake full time study in applied finance research topics such as: market efficiency, market microstructure, transaction costs, asset allocation and
International Postgraduate Research Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
The Griffith University International Postgraduate Research Scholarships (GUIPRS) are available during the University's mid- and end-of-year research scholarship rounds. The GUIPRS covers tuition fees for the student for up to three years for doctoral candidates and up to two years for research masters candidates. In addition, the scholarship covers Overseas
Excellence in Nursing Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
The National Health and Medical Research Council Centre of Research Excellence in Nursing Interventions for Hospitalised Patients was established 1 November, 2010. There are two main foci of the NCREN Compromised Skin Integrity, including pressure ulcers, intravascular devices and surgical wounds; and Symptom Management including pain, anxiety and delirium. The main functions of
Griffith Centre for Coastal Management Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
The Griffith Centre for Coastal Management is pleased to invite applications for a full funded PhD scholarship to work on a major research project funded by the Australian Government’s National Environmental Science Programme in partnership with the Queensland State Government Office of the Great Barrier Reef and the Department of
Bachelor of Medical Science Scholarship, Griffith University, Australia
For: High-achieving students applying for the Bachelor of Medical Science program at Griffith University. This degree, designed for high-achieving secondary school leavers, provides the opportunity for you to progress directly into our Doctor of Medicine (5099). If you do not have a Letter of Offer for your degree program, please
KODAK Scholarship Program in Film / Cinematography, Worldwide
For university or college students of film, film production, or cinematography at the undergraduate or graduate levels in a degree or diploma program. Nominations must be made by the school department or program official. Prizes Awarded in this Worldwide Program (awarded in US or local dollar equivalent) Excellence in the Craft of
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.