The Community College Initiative Program (CCIP) provides a quality non-degree academic program at US community colleges intended to build technical skills, enhance leadership capabilities, and strengthen English language proficiency. The program also provides opportunities for professional internships, service learning, and community engagement activities.
Participants spend one academic year in the United States and may earn certificates in their fields of study. After completing the program, participants return home with new skills and expertise to help them contribute to the economic growth and development of their country.
CCIP participants are recruited from historically underrepresented and underserved communities. In Indonesia this means AMINEF aims to recruit applicants beyond Indonesia’s major cities and in provinces beyond Java Island, which historically have had fewer opportunities for study abroad.
A special initiative funded by PT Freeport Indonesia allows a certain number of candidates from the provinces of Papua and West Papua every year to receive CCIP awards.
Fields of Study
The following are eligible fields of study. Please click to download pdf file containing more information on each field of study:
- Applied Engineering
- Business Management and Administration
- Early Childhood Education
- Information Technology
- Public Safety
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Be an Indonesian citizen and not permanent resident or citizen of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Not be employees or close family members or dependents of employees of AMINEF, or the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Not be receiving another scholarship at the time of this scholarship application
- Hold at least a high school diploma
- Have basic knowledge of English, as testified by a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 450 or IELTS equivalent, and dedication to improving their English proficiency
- Be currently working in the field in which they are applying or be running a small business with maximum working experience below 5 years.
Applicants with D1, D2 or D3 degrees may apply, as well as those holding a bachelor’s degree (S1) as long as they are applying in a field different from the field of their degree and have relevant work experience in the field for which they are applying.
Applicants holding MA or PhD degrees or currently enrolled as a student are not eligible to apply.
Additional non-eligibility criteria are outlined in the attached application form.
Please also note that applicants to the applied engineering field will need to have a solid foundation in math and will need to take a math placement exam at their host campuses to be eligible for credit-bearing courses.
The Community College Initiative Program will provide funding for J-1 visa support; round-trip travel from participant’s home city to host institution in the United States; tuition and mandatory college fees; housing and meals; small allowance for books and incidental expenses, limited Accident and Sickness coverage that is J-visa compliant; and a variety of personal and professional development activities. Students will be hosted in groups by community colleges competitively selected to participate in the program. Students are required to return home at the end of their program and may not transfer to a four-year US academic institution.
Submission Requirements (supplied in English)
- Completed application form (see download link below)
- Copy of most recent (less than two years old) ITP TOEFL or IELTS score report
- Copy of high school diploma and transcript (in Indonesian and English translation)
- Copy of associate (D1/D2/D3) or bachelor’s degree (S1) transcript (in Indonesian and English translation)
- Copy of identity document (KTP or passport)
- Official Statement of Employment (Surat Keterangan Bekerja) from Employer/Work Supervisor or HR Officer in Indonesian language.
The deadline for the submission of application materials for the program is December 1, 2018.
*The exact deadline every year may be subject to change and if the application deadline falls on a weekend or public holiday, it is automatically extended to the next business day. Only short-listed applicants will be notified and interviewed.
How to Apply
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms which can be downloaded below and submit them along with allsupporting documents in hard copy to AMINEF via mail (postage) or drop them off in person by the application deadline to the following address:
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to: email@example.com
Updated application form will be made available six months prior to application submission deadline.
For more information, please visit: www.aminef.or.id.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
International Education Week by Education USA AMINEF & Fulbright, Indonesia
The International Education Week is the opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This join initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education is part of our efforts to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future
2012 – 2013 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Global UGRAD, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
2012 – 2013 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Global UGRADThe Office of Academic Exchange Programs in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U. S. Department of State, is pleased to announce a new exchange program for undergraduate students-the 2012 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)The Global UGRAD Program
2011 – 2012 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Global UGRAD, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
The Office of Academic Exchange Programs in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U. S. Department of State, is pleased to announce a new exchange program for undergraduate students-the 2011 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)The Global UGRAD Program provides scholarships for one semester or one academic
Fulbright Doctoral Dissertation Research Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
This research grant is intended to provide U.S. research opportunities for Indonesian university doctoral candidates who are in the final stages of writing their dissertation. The grant duration is for a period of 6 months. The applicant should have a minimum ITP TOEFL score of 575 or IBT Score of
Fulbright International Science & Technology Award, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
The American Indonesia Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) is pleased to announce the availability of approximately 40 awards to be competed worldwide under the aegis of International Fulbright Science and Technology Award for Ph.D. study at top U.S. institutions in science, technology, or engineering for the 2012-2013 academic year matriculants.The Fulbright Program
Fulbright Freeport Master Grants, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
Fulbright grants for Master's are available to Papuan residents in the following fields: Engineering, Environmental Science, Public Policy, Public Health, Business and related fields.Applicants will possess:KTP from Papua A Bachelor (S1) degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (scale 4.00) Leadership qualities A good understanding of Indonesian and international cultures A demonstrated commitment to
Fulbrights Grants for Indonesian Lecturers – Visiting Scholar Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
This grant is for Indonesian scholars who hold a doctoral or equivalent degree and intend to carry out research for four to six months in the US.Interested scholars must be permanent lecturers at an Indonesian university and hold a Nomor Induk Dosen Nasional, or NIDN.General Requirements The applicants should:Be Indonesian
Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant (FLTA), American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
Applicants must be English language teachers and must be able to demonstrate a commitment to language teaching upon return to Indonesia following the award.The program is for one academic year (9 months) and requires the grantee to teach Indonesian language and culture in the U.S. for 20 hours per week,
Fulbright Master Scholarships, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation (AMINEF), USA
The grant is to pursue a master’s degree in the US for one to two years in any field except medical sciences.Specific Requirements Applicants should:Hold a bachelor’s degree (S1) Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.00 scale) Have a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 550 or IELTS equivalentGeneral Requirements The applicants
Hubert H Humphrey Non Degree Scholarship for Indonesian Professionals, USA
There is still time to get a scholarship Hubert H Humphrey offered to professionals and middle level of Indonesia to take non-degree programs. This program combines graduate level course for the development of professionalism in the United States (U.S.) for 9 months.Scholarship applicants are generally required personnel administrator in a
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.