Curtin University strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. Through the Merit scholarship, Curtin welcomes eligible students of any nationality except Australian.
This scholarship category awards eligible students 25% of their first year of tuition. Curtin University acknowledges the importance of being one of Australia’s most multicultural university campuses and this scholarship aims to grow the trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place for students to further their studies, careers and life experiences.
Additionally, eligible students who enrol in a Curtin English ELB (English Language Bridging) program before undertaking their study at the University will receive a 10 per cent discount on Curtin English fees.
- Future Students
- Health Sciences
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Science & Engineering
- Postgraduate Coursework
- Non-gender specific
- International students
- Merit Based
This scholarship provides eligible students 25% of their first year tuition fee, up to a maximum of AUD$10,000.
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students
- All postgraduate degrees (master by coursework only) available to international students.
Please refer to Curtin’s handbook at: http://international.curtin.edu.au/course-information.htm
This scholarship is only for:
- International, full fee-paying, non-sponsored students
- Students commencing studies at Curtin’s Western Australia campuses in 2018
- Students commencing a full Curtin undergraduate or master by coursework program
- Students who have accepted their mainstream course offer by the 15th of November 2018
Please note that this scholarship:
- Is NOT available to Australian citizens
- Is NOT for students granted CRL (Credit for Recognised Learning) for any part of their studies
- Covers a maximum of 25% of the first-year tuition fee up to a MAXIMUM of 200 credit points only
- Only covers tuition fees and does not cover any other international student expense
- Will be credited to recipient’s fee account at commencement of studies and cannot be accessed by them
- Will not be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if recipient already has a scholarship or sponsorship
- Can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified
- Cannot be retained if a recipient defers their studies beyond a 2019 start date
- Cannot be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university
- Offer must be accepted by the 15th November 2018
Additional note for master (coursework) students:
- Can only be applied in full to master degrees of 400 credit points
- Will only amount to 25% of the first semester tuition fee for master degrees of less than 400 credit points
Changes to enrolment
To prevent the scholarship being revoked, the recipient:
- Must remain enrolled in initial course and major of study unless approved by Curtin International
- Must maintain a full time enrolment of 100 credit points each semester or study period
- Cannot breach the scholarship conditions outlined in their acceptance document
- Cannot take a leave of absence or withdraw from their units or course of study
- Cannot be terminated from studies
How to apply
Students are invited to apply as normal for their chosen undergraduate or master program through any one of Curtin University registered education agents: http://international.curtin.edu.au/apply/agents/search/
Students can also apply online at: http://international.curtin.edu.au/apply-online.htm.
All qualifying applications to Curtin are automatically assessed for the Curtin International Merit Scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required.
Admissions Office will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer
- Have met or exceeded the higher academic cut-off specified by Curtin, specific to this scholarship.
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer
- Be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed
Applications open: 16/07/2018
Applications close: 15/11/2018
Need more information?
GPO Box S1512
Perth Western Australia 6845
T: (Calling from within Australia) +1300 222 888 (Select Options 2-2-1)
T: (Calling from overseas) +61 8 9266 5888
International Future Student Services is located on the Bentley Campus (Building 102).
Business hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
For more information, please visit: scholarships.curtin.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
PhD Scholarship in Public Health, Curtin University, Australia
A three year PhD scholarship is available for an outstanding candidate to conduct epidemiological research at the School of Public Health. The scholarship is linked to a National Health & Medical Research Council funded project on obesity and risk of diabetes. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work
Curtin Mathematics Research Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
Curtin University has a scholarship opportunity for a PhD student to participate in an ARC Future Fellow Project "Novel nonlinear functional analysis methods for singular and impulsive boundary value problems". The project aims to develop innovative functional analysis theories and methods to study various complex nonlinear boundary value problems with
Curtin Humanities – DIKTI English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
These scholarships will be awarded to DIKTI-sponsored Indonesian students whose research proposals align with Curtin research needs. They are designed to support transition to new English Language requirements. Student type: Future Students Faculty: Humanities Gender: Both Scholarship base: Merit Based Course type Postgraduate Research Postgraduate Coursework Value Five in total: Four (4) English Language Bridging courses (ELB) (17 weeks) One (1)
ARC Linkage PhD Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
Curtin University has three PhD scholarships available for students to participate in an ARC Linkage project "Laser Ultrasonic Monitoring for Australia's Infrastructure Assets". This project aims to develop technologies for monitoring health of Australia's ageing infrastructure by a unique laser ultrasonic device. Several vital improvements in the experimental setup will be
Women in Social and Economic Research (WiSER) Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
Applications for a WiSER PhD Scholarship are invited from research students in the fields of feminist economics or gender research, leading to the award of a PhD in Economics, Finance or Property in the Faculty of Business and Law at Curtin University. Student type Future Students Faculty Faculty of Business and Law Course type Postgraduate Research Gender Non-gender
Curtin Health Science – English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
This scholarship will provide English Language Bridging Intensive courses (ELB) for students from China and Hong Kong who are eligible for an undergraduate Faculty of Health Sciences course at Curtin Bentley, and students from Indonesia who are eligible for a postgraduate Faculty of Health Sciences course at Curtin Bentley. Student type:
PhD Scholarship in Synthetic Medicinal Chemistry, Curtin University, Australia
The Office of Research and Development has a PhD scholarship available for Honours/MSc students with strong skill sets in synthetic medicinal chemistry to study under the supervision of Dr Hendra Gunosewoyo in an ARC project. The project aims to develop chemical probes capable of inhibiting the transport of essential mycolic acid
Curtin Humanities – UI & UGM English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
These scholarships will be awarded to students studying at UI and UGM who wish to articulate to Curtin but are unable to meet the University’s English language requirements. They are designed to support transition to new English language requirements. Student type: Future Students Faculty: Humanities Gender: Both Nationality: International students Scholarship base: Merit Based Course type Undergraduate Postgraduate
Pathway Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
2014 Sem 1 Innovative International Scholarships - Onshore Student Pathway Scholarship Curtin University recognises that Australia continues to rank as a first-choice destination for international students wanting to study at high school, vocational, undergraduate or postgraduate level. Through this scholarship, Curtin invites eligible international students of any citizenship (except Australian) who
MSc / MBA International Student Scholarship, Curtin University, Australia
The MSC/MBA International Student Scholarship has been developed by Curtin Graduate School of Business to encourage and support international students who have chosen to study the Master of Science (Mineral and Energy Economics) / Master of Business Administration as full-time onshore international students at Curtin Graduate School of Business (CGSB). Student
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.