Deakin recognises students with consistently high academic performance and the potential to make a leading contribution to the university and its communities.
Unsuccessful applicants of the Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship will automatically be considered for the Deakin International Scholarship.
- All of your student contributions (tuition fees) or 50% of your student contributions (tuition fees)
- Participation in the Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program
- Priority place for on-campus accommodation (at own cost and subject to availability)
Normal course duration
The scholarship will be available for students commencing studies from 2016 onwards.
Selection of successful applicants for the fixed number of scholarships will be competitive, and may require scores above the stated minimum requirements.
- be a prospective international student for a coursework degree at Deakin University
- be eligible to study at Deakin University
- not have accepted any other Deakin scholarship or bursary
- have achieved an 85% average (or equivalent) in previous studies.
All criteria must be met.
How to apply
Complete the Deakin International Scholarship Program application form (PDF, 536KB).
Email your completed form to
You are required to submit:
- a completed Deakin International Scholarship Program application form (PDF, 536KB)
- a personal statement (300 words)
- a completed application to study at Deakin including academic transcripts.Your personal statement must be written by you and reflect your personal views. It should contain:
- an outline of why you want to study at Deakin University
- an overview of any extracurricular activities and work experience (paid or voluntary) you have undertaken
- why you think you would make an outstanding ambassador for Deakin University
- any other information that will assist your application.
You may also be asked to attend an interview.
How to write a successful scholarship application
Applying for a scholarship isn’t just about meeting the eligibility criteria. It’s a good idea to think about why you want a scholarship, how it will help you and what you have to offer the Deakin community.
Finding out if you’re successful
Deakin International will contact successful applicants within six weeks of application.
As scholarships are subject to international quotas, students are advised to submit their application early to increase the chance of success.
Please contact the Deakin International Admissions office.
Email Deakin International Admissions
For more information, please visit: www.deakin.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Deakin University International Scholarships Program (DUISP), Australia
Deakin University invites high achieving students to apply for a scholarship of up to A$5000 through the Deakin University International Scholarship Program. This scholarship is offered in the form of a fee reduction and equals an overall reduction of up to A$5000 per year based on an annual full-time enrolment of
Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship, Deakin University, Australia
Deakin's prestigious Vice-Chancellor's Academic Excellence Scholarship is awarded each year to 26 eligible undergraduate students whose exceptional academic achievements and extra-curricular activities truly set them apart. Value 100% of your student contribution (tuition fees) A cash payment of $5,000 per year Participation in the Vice-Chancellor's Professional Excellence Program – an exclusive
PhD Scholarship in School of Medicine for Ovarian Cancer Research, Deakin University, Australia
Project title: Cytokine receptors in ovarian cancer and the development of novel agents to suppress their effects. Project Description: This project will investigate the hypothesis that specific cytokine receptors are dysregulated in ovarian cancer, with their activation contributing to key phenotypes of cancer, including metastasis and resistance to chemotherapy. Chief Investigators involved with
Research Fellowships in Materials Development, University of Wollongong, Australia
Research Opportunity (Scientists / Materials Scientists) Fixed Term Full Time Fellowship (2 years) The Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Electromaterials Science (ACES) brings together some of the foremost researchers in chemistry, materials science, physics, biology and mathematics in Australia to explore, develop and exploit a wide range of new materials.
Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Contribution to University Life, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The ECU Vice-Chancellor's Student Award for Contribution to University Life is awarded by the university to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has made an outstanding contribution to student life at Edith Cowan University in 2010. University students and staff, and representative bodies external
Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Engagement, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The ECU Vice-Chancellor's Student Award for Engagement is awarded by the university to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has demonstrated outstanding engagement with external communities and has contributed to the achievement of the university's strategic priorities through engagement activities. University students and staff,
Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellowships, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is offering up to five prestigious Vice-Chancellor`s Research Fellowships for talented early and mid-career researchers. QUT`s reputation for quality research is characterized by strong links with industry, professions and the community. As one of Australia`s fastest growing research universities, QUT is backing its aspirations with a
Vice-Chancellor’s Senior Research Fellows, RMIT University, Australia
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, RMIT Research & Research Training is global, partnered and making a difference. RMIT University is a global university of technology and design with its heart in the city of Melbourne, Australia. RMIT University has an international reputation for excellence in industry engagement with established educational and
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – ASEAN, Macquarie University, Australia
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - ASEAN provides a partial scholarship for outstanding students from the ASEAN region to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. It has been designed to recognise academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students. This Vice-Chancellor's International Scholarship - ASEAN is highly
Perth Airport Indigenous Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Westralia Airports Corporation (WAC), owner and operator of Perth Airport, will be offering two (2) $5000.00 scholarships in 2010 to 1st year Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking studies at ECU. This follows the signing of a Partnership Agreement between WAC and Nyoongar Elders in
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.