Edinburgh College of Art (ECA) is delighted to announce the ECA PG Masters Scholarships to applicants for postgraduate (PG) Masters and Masters by Research programmes in our five Schools: School of Art; School of Design; ESALA (Architecture and Landscape Architecture); History of Art; and the Reid School of Music.
Our Schools offer a rich and vibrant postgraduate community with a broad range of postgraduate programmes and academic research interests.
We are offering 5 scholarships, for the sum of £10,000 each. These awards will be tenable for one academic year and will automatically be deducted from your tuition fee with any remaining funds being awarded towards living costs. Applications are competitive across all five ECA Schools.
All scholarship award holders are expected to be energetic members of our postgraduate community, and will engage with opportunities to present their work to the wider student and staff body during the period covered by their award. We offer our postgraduates a range of training and development opportunities appropriate to their programme of study.
The scholarships will be awarded to new applicants who have applied for admission to a postgraduate Masters or Masters by Research degree programme of study at the University commencing in September 2019.
Both taught Masters and Masters by Research programmes are eligible for this award. Applications will be considered from UK/EU/Overseas applicants wishing to study full-time/part-time/online distance learning programmes.
Part-time students and students on PG programmes longer than one year may apply but must be aware that this funding is for one year only, therefore, students are advised to budget accordingly.
If wishing to commence a new PG programme of study in September 2019 you must ensure that you have fully completed and submitted your Masters programme application for admission using the University’s online system by no later than 22 February 2019.
Scholarship applications from prospective students which are not supported by a fully completed PG programme application and not submitted by the deadlines above will not be considered for funding.
Details on the scholarship application process will be published on this webpage as soon as possible: the scholarship application deadline will be 23.59 GMT on 1st March 2019
Please note: the Personal Statement for your scholarship application should clearly state why you are applying for this scholarship, why you feel your application should be considered and what benefit the scholarship will have for your studies. We are also looking for your thoughts on how you might contribute to the postgraduate community within ECA whilst on programme.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the equivalent of a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level.
The ECA Selection Panel will meet in April 2019 to review the scholarship applications. All scholarship applicants will be contacted with the outcome by late April/early May 2019. The successful applicants will be announced on the ECA website at the start of the 2019-20 academic year.
Please note: The ECA PG Masters Scholarship cannot be held alongside any other ECA scholarship funding, for example the Andrew Grant PG Scholarship. But can be held alongside external funding, including Government funded Postgraduate Loans (SAAS or PGL).
Please contact the ECA Postgraduate Office if you have any questions about the application process.
- For PG Masters by Research programmes please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For PG Taught Masters programmes please contact email@example.com .
If you have an academic enquiry please contact the School Postgraduate Director or Programme Director of the programme you wish to apply for (please see the Degree Finder programme page for contact details).
For more information, please visit: www.ed.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Sociology and Politics, University of Bristol, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Undergraduate Maths Scholarships for International Students, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
The University of Edinburgh Business School Scholarships, UK
The University of Edinburgh Business School is offering a number of scholarships covering part of the fees for students commencing study of one of our Masters courses in September 2017. These will be based on merit and available to all applicants for all the Business School taught MSc courses. Eligibility The scholarships
The Greenbank Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
Four scholarships are available for postgraduate Masters study in any subject within the College of Humanities and Social Sciences for the 2016-2017 academic session. Each scholarship will have a value of £2,500 and will be tenable for one academic year. Eligibility The scholarships will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission
Edinburgh Global Master Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
The University of Edinburgh will offer a number of scholarships for postgraduate Masters study in any subject offered by the University for the 2016-2017 academic session. Each scholarship will have a value of £3,000 and will be tenable for one academic year. The scholarship will be deducted from your tuition fees. Eligibility The
MSc Scholarships in Psychology, University of Edinburgh, UK
Two scholarships are available to Masters students commencing any subject in Psychology within the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences. This scholarship covers fees at the UK/EU level for the one year duration of any MSc programme in Psychology. Eligibility The scholarship is open to applicants from any country, who are
Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
Scholarships are offered to students who are nationals of countries outwith the EU for undergraduate study in any subject offered by the University. A number of scholarships are available for the 2015-2016 session with each award worth £2,000 per year. Awards are tenable for the duration of the programme of study. Eligibility The
Kirby Laing International Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
Up to three Kirby Laing International Scholarships are available to students domiciled in the ‘Majority World’ who are accepted for postgraduate masters study in the School of Divinity for the 2018-19 academic session. Award The scholarships will cover tuition fees and provide a maintenance allowance of £12,000. Eligibility The scholarship will be awarded to
Postgraduate Studentships, Centre for the Advanced Study of the Arab World, University of Edinburgh, UK
University of Edinburgh Postgraduate Studentships The Centre for the Advanced Study of the Arab World (CASAW) at the University of Edinburgh is pleased to invite applications for the following postgraduate studentships: One 1-yr Masters + 3-year PhD Studentship One 2-yr Masters Studentship The 1+3 studentship will be available to an outstanding student who wishes
School of Engineering International Master Scholarship, University of Edinburgh, UK
The School of Engineering will offer Masters scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic session. Award Each scholarship will have a value of £3,000 and will be tenable for one academic year. Eligibility The scholarships will be awarded to international (non-EU) students who have been accepted for admission on a full-time basis for an eligible postgraduate
School of Biological Sciences Taught Postgraduate Bursaries, University of Edinburgh, UK
The School of Biological Sciences is offering bursaries for applicants studying eligible masters programmes in the 2017-2018 academic session. Awards Each bursary will have a value of £10,000 and is intended to assist with tuition fees. The bursary is only tenable for one academic year. Eligibility Eligible students must be nationals of countries outwith
John Fisher HPC Masters Scholarships, University of Edinburgh, UK
The School of Physics and Astronomy will offer up to four John Fisher HPC Masters scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic session. Award Each scholarship will have a value of £4,750 and will be tenable for one academic year. The award of your scholarship will be deducted from your tuition fee. Eligibility All applicants, regardless
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.