The Queensland Alliance for Environmental Health Sciences (QAEHS) is offering up to six PhD scholarships in the 2018 round of the QAEHS PhD Scholarship Scheme. A maximum of three domestic and three international scholarships will be awarded to start at UQ in research quarter 2 2019 (1 April 2019). The scholarships will be for three years, with possible extension to four years.
There are 16 available projects across the eight QAEHS research themes listed below.
Applicants should select their preferred project in their online application. The list of projects is given below and further details, including the QAEHS supervisory teams, can be found here.
- Alternative matrices for personal exposure monitoring: explanted silicone prostheses and wristbands
- Characterisation of novel substances in wastewater that select antimicrobial resistance
- Wastewater fingerprinting as a tool to inform on community health
- Developing passive sampler monitoring approaches for use in wastewater based epidemiology
- Bioaccumulation potential of chlorinated paraffins (CPs) in humans
- Calibration of new passive sampling monitoring technologies for aquatic pollutants as part of regulatory compliance monitoring
- Bioaccessibility, interaction effects and risk assessment of mixed metals
- Occurrence and health risk assessment of rare earth elements in the food chain
- Communicating about uncertain environmental health risks
- Chemical exposure concerns and how they relate to health- and environment-related decisions
- Using phage to control opportunistic pathogens in drinking water distribution systems
- The interaction between non-antibiotic pharmaceuticals and antibiotic resistance
- The role of family environments to the development of cardiovascular health: an intergenerational perspective
- Regulating the design and construction of nicotine and tobacco products
- Health education interventions to increase smoking cessation among people from priority populations
- Understanding human-bat interactions using systems dynamic modelling
Applicants must meet UQ requirements for entry into the PhD program. Preferred education backgrounds for applicants are given with the project details.
To be eligible to apply you must meet the entry requirements for Higher Degrees by Research at UQ, please visit the Graduate School’s website.
$32,596 per annum (2019 rate) for three years, with possible extension to four and $5,000 per annum for travel, project or study related costs. For international students, tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) are included.
Terms and conditions
UQ Research Scholarships
A domestic part-time student with carer’s responsibilities, a medical condition or a disability, which prevents them from studying full time may be eligible for scholarship consideration, on a case by case basis.
Students can be considered for scholarship only twice. Consideration can be prior to enrolment, or in the first round after the confirmation milestone is achieved*.
*conditions apply, see the scholarship rules for further details
In instances where the candidate is awarded a scholarship after commencement there will be no retrospective payments of this scholarship.
How to apply
To apply for admission and scholarship follow these easy steps. There is no separate application for scholarship and you will be given the opportunity to request scholarship consideration on the application for admission.
Please ensure that you
- select ‘I am applying for, or have been awarded a scholarship or sponsorship’
- enter in the free-text field ‘QAEHS’ as it appears below
- list the enrolling unit that corresponds with the supervisor of the project you have selected (table below)
- indicate your preferred project by entering the name of the project in the ‘Research project title’ field
Applications close: 23 November 2018
Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
+61 7 3443 2445
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Queensland, Australia
University of Queensland International offers a limited number of scholarship opportunities for outstanding international students intending to study in an undergraduate program at The University of Queensland. Any undergraduate program offered at the University except quota programmes: Oral Health, Dental Science, Physiotherapy, Occupational Health and Safety Science, Medicine/Surgery, Arts and Medicine/Surgery
UQ Science International Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
Science Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships: Total value AU $12,000 (paid AU $6,000 in first semester of study and AU $6,000 in second semester of study) Science Undergraduate Merit Scholarships: Total value AU $5,000 (paid at AU $3,000 in first semester of study and AU $2,000 in second semester of study) The scholarships are
Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) will offer two Scholarships in Semester 2, 2013 to outstanding international students intending to study a postgraduate degree by coursework. You must be intending to study full-time, on-campus at USQ Toowoomba, Springfield or Fraser Coast and therefore must be able to study in Australia
Institute for Molecular Bioscience Honours Scholarship, University of Queensland, Australia
For: Domestic and International students intending to commence an Honours project at IMB in 2014. Value: AUD$2,500 Duration: One academic year (full-time) Closing date for applications: 22 November 2013 How to apply: In order to apply for the scholarship you need to provide: A letter of support from the IMB Group Leader who will supervise the project Personal Statement
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) Scholarships in Neuroscience, University of Queensland, Australia
Established in 2003, the Queensland Brain Institute (QBI) is housed on the St Lucia campus of UQ. It is home to more than 400 staff, including 33 group leaders, working across a range of disciplines, focussed on discovering the fundamental mechanisms that regulate brain development and function in health and
PhD Scholarship in Forestry and Environmental Science, Griffith University, Australia
A full PhD scholarship valued at $27,000 per annum is available to work on a major externally funded project within the Environmental Futures Centre at Griffith University. Project: Wyaralong dam carbon offset and greenhouse gas investigation program Funded by: Queensland Water Infrastructure The successful PhD candidate will work on
Master of Architecture International Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
The School of Architecture invites outstanding international students to apply for scholarships valued at AUD $14,800 per year. Eligibility The scholarships are available for international students who have completed undergraduate studies and been accepted into the Master of Architecture at UQ. The successful candidates must be classed as an international student
Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellowships, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is offering up to five prestigious Vice-Chancellor`s Research Fellowships for talented early and mid-career researchers. QUT`s reputation for quality research is characterized by strong links with industry, professions and the community. As one of Australia`s fastest growing research universities, QUT is backing its aspirations with a
UQ Science International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
The Faculty of Science is proud to offer the UQ Science International Postgraduate Scholarships program. The program is two-tiered with applicants eligible to be considered either for scholarships valued at a total of AU $12,000 or AU $5,000 with one application. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic
TC Beirne School of Law Scholarship, University of Queensland, Australia
This scholarship provides assistance to overseas students* enrolled or enrolling full-time in the Master of Laws (LLM) or Master of International Law (MICLaw) programs. The scholarship will take the form of monetary assistance to help with living expenses for 12 months and will be paid in two installments – one
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.