ETH Zurich supports excellent master students with two scholarship programmes:
The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) supports students with a scholarship, mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
The Master Scholarship Programme (MSP) contains a partial stipend as well as additional offers by the Department (assistantship or additional scholarship).
The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich. The prerequisite is a very good result in their Bachelor’ (top 10% of Bachelor’s programme = grade A).
Application documents for ESOP and MSP
- Application form (available 1st of Nov – 15th of Dec 2018)
- Letter of motivation
- Pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis (see guidelines on how to write a pre-proposal (PDF, 70 KB))
- Two letters of recommendation from professors
All information provided in the application must be complete, correct and handled in by time (15 December). The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by yourself and use established scientific citation practice.
Plagiarism, negligent or intentional misinformation will lead to exclusion from the admission process or – if discovered later – to the revocation of the admission and of any scholarship.
If you are applying for more than one Master’s programme, please submit a separate application form for each degree programme.
Also apply for a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich (or if you, as an ETH Bachelor student, continue with a consecutive Master’s degree programme).
If you are already enrolled in a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich, you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship amount and duration
The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation.
The Master Scholarship consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 6,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department can additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 1,500 – 3,000 per semester or offer an assistantship from the second semester onwards (with a payment of CHF 600 per month).
The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation. The Master Scholarship Programme requires a financial contribution from the scholarship holder.
The applications are evaluated by the Admissions Committees of the respective Master’s programmes. The final decision for awarding scholarships in the Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme and in the Master Scholarship Programme rests with the Rector of the ETH. The number of annual scholarships depends on the availability of funds. The decisions are communicated approx. mid of March.
For more information, please visit: www.ethz.ch.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
International PhD Programs in Life Science, University of Zurich, Switzerland
The Life Science Zurich Graduate School consists of several highly competitive Ph.D. programs, run jointly by the ETH Zurich and the University of Zurich. Each program offers research and education opportunities in a stimulating international environment for ambitious students who wish to work towards a Ph.D. degree. Accepted students perform
PhD Position on Weather Insurance Design Project at ETH Zurich, Switzerland
The Agri-food & Agri-environmental Economics Group of ETH Zurich(www.afee.ethz.ch) invites applications for a Ph.D position. The successful candidate will implement a research project on the weather insurance design. The project will be financed by SwissNational Science Foundation and an ETHZurich internal PhD-grant. The objective of the project is to enhance the
Yamaha Music Foundation Of Europe Scholarship
The Yamaha Music Foundation Of Europe Scholarship Program in 2011/2012 We are pleased to announce the 23rd year of the Scholarship scheme for music students. A total of 43 scholarships in 29 countries will be awarded to full-time students in 2011/2012. In 2011/2012, the scholarships’ discipline is Brass&Woodwind. Regulations may vary depending
Master Grants for International Students, University of Bern, Switzerland
Live in the history-packed city of Bern – capital of Switzerland in the heart of Europe. Learn at our prestigious university, which has the highest standards in teaching methods and research equipment. The Master Grant of the University of Bern provides the opportunity to pursue one of the Master degree
PhD Position (Open Source Software), ETH Zurich, Switzerland
The Chair of Systems Design, ETH Zurich, offers a position for a PhD student working in the project “On the Interplay between Social Interactions and Software Architecture in Open Source” funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNF), starting as soon as possible. This project brings together the fields of software
Swiss Government Scholarships for Foreign Students for University, Fine Arts and Music School, Switzerland
Swiss Government scholarships for university, fine arts and music schools for foreign students for the academic year 2010-2011 The Swiss government awards a range of scholarships to foreign students through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS): university scholarships (Swiss universities and Federal Institutes of Technology), arts scholarships (schools
AISTS MSA Athlete Scholarship, Switzerland
The AISTS (Académie Internationale des Sciences et Techniques du Sport) offers an international elite athlete the opportunity to study at the AISTS MSA (Master of Advanced Studies in Sport Administration & Technology) 2014 edition through a scholarship. The scholarship has a value of CHF 13'500 (half of the tuition fee) and
Söderberg Scholarship, Lund University, Sweden
Two full-time scholarships exclusively for Master's in Management students. The scholarship cover 100% of the tuition fee. The Söderberg Scholarship is an academic excellence award targeting top Master’s in Management students outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland. You apply for a scholarship after you have completed your Master's in Management programme application. Scholarship recipients
Sawiris Doctoral Scholarships for Students from Developing Countries, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
The Sawiris Scholarships promote doctoral research for the benefit of developing countries. The projects have to be innovative and develop a method or product, which is directly relevant for improving the livelihoods of poor people in developing countries. Deadline for the next submission of concept notes is 31 October 2011. Deadline for
PhD Fellowships, Werner Siemens Foundation, Switzerland
Excellent students from all over the world are encouraged to apply for a prestigious fellowship Werner Siemens-Foundation. The aim of the fellowships which are sponsored by the Werner Siemens-Foundation is to select and promote highly talented graduate students in the area of Life Sciences. The fellowships offer direct access to
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.