The Faculty of Science is the home of science at the University of Sheffield. Our seven departments span the biological sciences, chemistry, physics and mathematics, and more than 90% of our research is ranked world-leading or internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
We are training a new generation of scientists dedicated to understanding ourselves,our world and its place in the universe. Our postgraduate researchers are an essential part of a vibrant, engaging and supportive research community, which we invite you to join. We are currently offering a number of fee scholarships to support excellent home, EU or overseas students wishing to study in the following areas:
Animal and Plant Sciences: Deepening human understanding of organisms and ecosystems to build a sustainable future
Biomedical Science: Leading acclaimed research to develop knowledge of medical conditions and improve treatments
Chemistry: Innovative research in the synthesis, properties and applications of molecules
Mathematics and Statistics: Exploring the length and breadth of pure and applied mathematics and statistics
Molecular Biology and Biotechnology: Applying the latest technologies to understand the molecular mechanisms that underpin life
Physics and Astronomy: Exploring the fundamental laws of the universe and developing pioneering technologies to tackle global challenges
Psychology: Investigating and understanding human behaviour and society, to satisfy the human urge to understand why
We welcome applications from students with excellent degrees from UK, EU or overseas institutions. As a minimum requirement, applicants should hold or be about to obtain, an Upper Second Class degree from a UK university, or an equivalent qualification from a recognised EU or overseas institution. However, scholarships will be awarded competitively, so relevant research experience and/or Masters level degree qualifications will be significant enhancements. Scholarships may be awarded up to the full value of the appropriate fee, according to circumstance, but we encourage applications from students who already have part-funding for fees from other sources.
How to apply
Once you have identified potential projects from the departmental pages above, please contact the potential supervisor as soon as possible to discuss your fee scholarship application, then complete the University’s postgraduate online application form* to apply. Applications for 2019/20 entry are now open, the closing date is Wednesday 23 January 2019. Early applications are strongly encouraged (see below), late applications cannot be accepted.
Please note, before completing your application through Postgraduate online system:
The form is divided into two parts. Part 1 is for personal information, including English language ability, and previous education and employment. You have to complete all of the mandatory fields in this part (marked with a *) before you can go on to Part 2.
Part 2 is where you select the postgraduate research you want to apply for, you can apply for a total of three ‘standard PhD’ projects.
To be considered for Faculty of Science fee scholarship funding opportunities please select the ‘Scholarship Application’ section, where you should select ‘University of Sheffield Postgraduate Research Committee’. This section must be completed and submitted by the deadline of 5pm on 23 January 2019. To maximise your chance of success please contact the PhD supervisors you are interested in working with as soon as possible, applications will be reviewed regularly until the January deadline and early submission is strongly advised.
For more information, please visit: www.sheffield.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Sociology and Politics, University of Bristol, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Undergraduate Maths Scholarships for International Students, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
Undergraduate Science International Scholarships 2010, University of Sheffield, UK
Science International Scholarships 2010 The University of Sheffield The University of Sheffield is an international leader in teaching and research and you are assured of a warm welcome and an excellent education. Science International Scholarships 2010 The University of Sheffield We are pleased to offer Science International Scholarships to all international undergraduate students commencing
Undergraduate Engineering International Scholarships 2010, University of Sheffield, UK
The University of Sheffield Engineering International Scholarships 2010 We are pleased to offer Engineering International Scholarships to all international undergraduate students commencing their studies in the Faculty of Engineering in September 2010. The scholarships are worth £2,000 per year each. Eligibility and Award Criteria: You must hold an offer of a study place and
Scholarships for Students from Indonesia, University of Sheffield, UK
Scholarships for students from Indonesia The University is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students from Indonesia who show exceptional academic potential and are starting their studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2010. Undergraduate Scholarships eg BA, BSc, BEng, MEng Faculty Undergraduate Scholarships We are pleased to offer scholarships to
Science International Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
We are pleased to offer the Science International Scholarship 2018 to all international undergraduate students starting their studies in the Faculty of Science at the University of Sheffield in September 2018. The Science International Scholarship 2018 is worth £2,500 per year, subject to the following eligibility and award criteria: Eligibility and award
History MA Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
The Department of History is pleased to offer two £9,000 scholarships for students starting our History MA programmes in September 2017. Award details: each award is worth £9,000 and can be used towards fees and/or living expenses. Eligibility: these awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants who are applying to
Arts & Humanities Masters Fee Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
The University of Sheffield invests a significant amount of funding each year in order to support the very best postgraduate research students. For entry in 2013-14, the Arts & Humanities Faculty is offering a number of Fees Scholarships for Masters applicants on a competitive basis. These Fee Scholarships are intended
Harry Worthington Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
Two Harry Worthington Scholarships are available to applicants wishing to undertake doctoral study in any Faculty of the University for entry in 2014-15. These scholarships were founded under the will of Miss Doreen Worthington in memory of her father Harry, a local steel manufacturer, and are awarded to two outstanding
University Prize Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
Each year the University offers a small number of University Prize Scholarships to the very best PhD applicants. If you're among the brightest and best in your field, we want to hear from you. These scholarships are open to applicants in all subjects. You can read about some of our current
EF Education, Kaplan and Study Group Scholarships, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
International applicants from EF Education, Kaplan and Study Group for the 2012/13 academic year may apply for a Sheffield Hallam University scholarship worth £1000. To mark the partnership between our institutions, Sheffield Hallam University is offering a scholarship of £1000 to one student from each of the three colleges who begins
Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities, University of Sheffield, UK
The University of Sheffield has been given a substantial grant to enhance postgraduate research, thanks to the Wolfson Foundation, a charity that awards grants to support and promote excellence in the fields of science and medicine, health, education, and the arts and humanities. Sheffield is one of only nine universities across
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.