The Fulbright Scholar Program, established in 1946, is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries. The Fulbright Association of Singapore has been involved in promoting the objectives of the Fulbright Scholar program through offering the Fulbright Association (Singapore) Student Exchange Award. The Fulbright Association is made up of Fulbright alumni and supporters committed to fostering international awareness and understanding. Local chapters of the Fulbright Association are found in 70 countries.
The purpose of the award is to recognise students who are academically strong and have a good track record of leadership and community service. Preference will also be given to students who are outgoing, articulate and able to bridge cultural differences comfortably.
It is only for students going to the USA on exchange. This scholarship is for students who have been nominated from their Faculties.
Existing scholarship or award holders (from any source except for NASA Awards) will NOT be eligible for this award. However, bursary holders, NASA Awards recipients and those on financial aid may apply.
The next scholarship opportunity is for those going abroad for AY 2011/12. Shortlisted candidates will be notified to attend an interview. Please check your emails regularly.
Please click here to download the application form.
Fulbright Association of Singapore: http://www.fulbright.org.sg
Mr Christopher GO
A. About the Fulbright Association (Singapore) Student Exchange Award
1. What is the quantum of the award?
The award is SGD$500.
2. How did this award come about?
This award was made possible by the goodwill and initiative of members of the Fulbright Association (Singapore), who kindly donated SGD500 to encourage exchanges between NUS and our US partner universities. The Fulbright Association is made up of Fulbright alumni and supporters committed to fostering international awareness and understanding. Local chapters of the Fulbright Association are found in 70 countries.
1. If I have not received the acceptance letter from the partner university at the time of my application, may I still proceed?
Yes. Simply submit a copy of the NUS letter confirming your selection for SEP to a partner university, but be sure to forward us your acceptance letter when you have it.
2. If I am currently on a scholarship, may I still apply for this award?
No. Existing scholarship or award holders (from any source except for NASA Awards) will NOT be eligible for this award. However, bursary holders, NASA Awards recipients and those on financial aid may apply.
3. How should I send in my application?
You may submit your application to us either by mail or by hand to our office.
C. Selection and Outcome
1. If I am not in Singapore during the interview period, will my application be considered?
Candidates who do not attend the interview will not be considered for the award.
2. How is the award disbursed?
Upon selection, we will convey the decision of our interview panel to the Fulbright Association and a cheque in the recipient’s name will be sent to IRO.
3. What happens after submission of application?
Shortlisted candidates will be notified to attend an interview on March 2011.
Closing Date for Application: Tuesday, 1 March 2011, 6.00pm
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Fulbright International Science & Technology Award, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
The American Indonesia Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) is pleased to announce the availability of approximately 40 awards to be competed worldwide under the aegis of International Fulbright Science and Technology Award for Ph.D. study at top U.S. institutions in science, technology, or engineering for the 2012-2013 academic year matriculants. The Fulbright Program
Fulbright DIKTI Senior Research Special Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
Fulbright-DIKTI Senior Research Special 10 Week University of Washington PAR-C Type Recharging Program Requirements: applicants must serve as faculty members at any private or state higher education institutions, and have not previously received any Fulbright scholarships. Please note that applicants must be nominated by their institution. Participating Universities in the U.S. University of
Fulbright Freeport Master Grants, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
Fulbright grants for Master's are available to Papuan residents in the following fields: Engineering, Environmental Science, Public Policy, Public Health, Business and related fields. Applicants will possess: KTP from Papua A Bachelor (S1) degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (scale 4.00) Leadership qualities A good understanding of Indonesian and international cultures A demonstrated commitment to
Fulbright Doctoral Dissertation Research Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
This research grant is intended to provide U.S. research opportunities for Indonesian university doctoral candidates who are in the final stages of writing their dissertation. The grant duration is for a period of 6 months. The applicant should have a minimum ITP TOEFL score of 575 or IBT Score of
Seminar Beasiswa Fulbright 2013 di Universitas Surabaya
Hari / Tanggal : Selasa, 31 Januari 2012 Waktu : Pkl 13.00 – 15.00 Tempat : Seminar Room – Gedung International Village Lantai 2, Kampus Ubaya Tenggilis Pembicara : Michael E. McCoy (Direktur Eksekutif AMINEF Jakarta) Pada acara ini akan dijelaskan mengenai program beasiswa Fulbright, program beasiswa Fulbright-DIKTI dan program beasiswa khusus lainnya. Informasi
Presentasi Program Beasiswa AMINEF, Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia
Tanggal Pelaksanaan: Rabu, 9 Februari 2011 Waktu: 13.00-15.00 WIB Tempat: Executive Lounge Gedung 2 lantai 2 Unpad Jln. Dipati Ukur No. 35 Bandung Tim AMINEF (American Indonesian Exchange Foundation) akan mempresentasikan program beasiswa Fulbright, program beasiswa Fulbright-Dikti dan program beasiswa khusus lainnya untuk studi pascasarjana, melakukan penelitian atau menjadi pengajar tamu di perguruan
Fulbright Dikti Senior Research Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
Applicants must serve as faculty members at any private or state higher education institutions. This research grant is for Indonesian scholars who have a doctoral degree or equivalent professional qualifications. The grant affords Indonesian scholars the opportunity to conduct research in the U.S. for a period of three to six
Fulbright Senior Research Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
The Fulbright Program is pleased to announce the opportunity for Indonesian academics and professionals to develop or update their research through interaction with distinguished counterparts at an accredited university, or a public or private, non-profit research institute in the United States for a period of three to six months. FIELD OF
Fulbright Presidential Scholarship PhD Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
Preference will be given to applicants who serve or plan to serve as faculty members of state and private institutions of higher education in Indonesia and have not previously received any Fulbright scholarship. Applicants will possess: a Master's degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.00 scale). demonstrated leadership qualities. a good
Fulbright DIKTI Doctoral Dissertation Research Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
The program is open to applicants who serve as permanent faculty members of state or private institutions of higher education in Indonesia. This grant is for doctoral (S3) candidates to conduct research in the U.S. for 6 months REQUIREMENTS Hold a Nomor Induk Dosen Nasional (NIDN) and fulfill other requirements listed
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.