The Department of Computer Science at the University of Oxford is delighted to invite applications for fully-funded DPhil (Oxford’s PhD) scholarships tenable from 1st October 2019. We will be considering students for Oxford-Google DeepMind Graduate Scholarships, EPSRC Scholarships, Clarendon Scholarships, departmental funding and joint funding with colleges.
The University of Oxford is consistently ranked amongst the very best Computer Science departments in the world, for both teaching and research. We are committed to attracting the world’s most talented students and working with them to continue the success of the department.
The topics for the studentships are open, but should relate to the interests of one of the Department’s research areas: Algorithms & Complexity Theory, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Automated Verification, Computational Biology and Health Informatics, Cyber Physical Systems, Foundations, Structures and Quantum, Information Systems, Human Centred Computing, Programming Languages and Security. We also encourage applications in cross disciplinary areas such as Linguistics, Biology, Medicine and Quantum Foundations & Quantum Computation.
The studentships are for three years and are open to students of any nationality. Each studentship will cover university and college fees with a stipend of at least £14,777 per year. Applicants are normally expected to have, or be predicted to achieve, a first-class or a strong upper second-class grade in either (i) a four-year undergraduate degree (with integrated masters) in a relevant subject (or equivalent international qualifications), or (ii) a three-year BSc/BA degree followed by excellent (distinction) performance in a master’s degree in a relevant subject.
Please apply online
Closing date for applications: 11th January 2019 (Applications need to be complete with transcripts and references by this date)
For more information, please visit: www.cs.ox.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Technical PhD Studentship, University of Manchester, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
PhD Studentships in Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Oxford Brookes University, UK
Three Fully funded 3-year PhD Studentships in Intelligent Transport Systems Intelligent Transport Systems Oxford Brookes University Doctoral Training Programme Stipend: £14,000 tax-free per annum UK/EU students (plus fees paid) £12,000 tax-free per annum International students (plus fees paid) Start Date: Sept/October 2009 Deadline: 10 July 2009 Eligibility: Applicants should have or hope to obtain a first class degree
PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
Bournemouth University is justifiably proud of its reputation for excellence in research. In the last Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) results, BU was the fourth most improved university in the UK for the quality of its research and achieving a high global research profile. The RAE ranking means that BU is now in
MPhil / PhD Postgraduate Research Studentships, Birkbeck, University of London, UK
The School of Business, Economics & Informatics would like to invite applications for full-time PhD studentships, starting in the academic year 2017/18. The School has 9 studentships to award: 5 fully-funded studentships and 4 fees only studentships. Who is eligible? We welcome applications from strong candidates with research interests in any field within
PhD Studentships in Computer Science, University of Nottingham, UK
Applications are invited for up to ten fully-funded PhD studentships in the School of Computer Science at the University of Nottingham, starting on 1 October 2017. The topics for the studentships are open, but should relate to the interests of one of the School’s research groups: Agents Lab; Automated Scheduling, Optimisation
PhD Studentships in Construction Engineering, University of Cambridge, UK
Two PhD Studentships are expected to be available to start on 1 Oct 2013 for suitably qualified candidates to conduct research leading to the award of a PhD degree in the field of Construction Engineering. The research will be conducted at the Construction Information Technology laboratory that is part of
St Cross Scholarship in Global Health Science, University of Oxford, UK
St Cross College is pleased to offer a Scholarship in Global Health Science for the academic year 2014-15. This Scholarship, worth £3,700 for one year, is intended to provide financial assistance to an academically meritorious graduate student who has been accepted into both the MSc in Global Health Science programme at
Radcliffe Department of Medicine PhD Scholarship, University of Oxford, UK
The Radcliffe Department of Medicine 4 year PhD Scholars Programme The Radcliffe Department of Medicine at the University of Oxford is a large multi-disciplinary Department that undertakes high quality basic biological science with a medical application. In the last RAE, RDM scientists were rated it at the highest level in both
SICSA Prize Studentships, Scottish Informatics and Computer Science Alliance, UK
In 2011, we will be offering up to 20 SICSA prize studentships, across Scotland. We are looking for outstanding applicants in any area of computer science and informatics and we are particularly interested in applications from students who want to work in one of the SICSA research themes. Funding information SICSA prize
PhD Studentship in Intelligent Transport Systems, Oxford Brookes University, UK
Fully funded 3-year PhD Studentships in Intelligent Transport Systems Applications are invited for a full-time funded Studentship. The award covers the cost of the fees and a bursary of £15,150 pa for EU Students or £14,050 for International Students. Entry requirements: applicants should hold either a first class honours degree or upper
PhD in Genomic Medicine and Statistics, University of Oxford, UK
Genomic Medicine and Statistics University of Oxford The Medical Sciences Division is pleased to announce the availability of PhD studentships in the following 4-Year Wellcome Trust Doctoral Programme: Genomic Medicine and Statistics The 4-year programme will comprise a combined first year and a 3-year self directed research project. The first year will include taught
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.