A fully-funded Studentship includes a maintenance grant of £14,777 per year to contribute towards living expenses during the course of your research, as well as a fee waiver for 36 months. Associated costs – such as fieldwork and conference attendance – will also be met under the Studentship.
Who is eligible to apply for a BU Studentship?
The PhD Studentships are open to UK, EU and International students. Candidates for a PhD Studentship should demonstrate outstanding qualities and be motivated to complete a PhD in 4 years and must demonstrate:
- A 1st class honours degree or a Master’s degree with distinction or equivalent Grade Point Average (GPA)
- an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 minimum (with a minimum 6.0 in each component) for candidates for whom English is not their first language
In addition to satisfying minimum entry criteria, BU will look closely at the qualities, skills and background of each candidate and what they can bring to their chosen research project in order to ensure successful completion.
Applicants will be asked to submit an online application form and a proposal (approximately 1500 words) outlining their understanding of the project for which they are applying, the approach they would envisage taking and what qualities they will bring to the research community.
- Current BU Doctoral students are not eligible to apply for a Studentship
- Current MRes/MPhil students can apply, subject to satisfactory completion of their Research Degree prior to being able to take up the award
- PhD Studentships cannot be used to support BU staff to complete doctoral programmes
What else will you look for?
Each Studentship has its own criteria that candidates need to fulfil, in terms of knowledge and/or expertise. In addition, we will look closely at your qualities, skills and background to determine what you could bring to a specific research project.
How can I apply for a BU Studentship?
There are individual application deadlines for each Studentship, which are detailed on each studentship page. To apply, click the green Apply Now button on the Studentship page and complete our online application form. More information can be found on our How to apply pages. You can also read our proposal guidance document here.
For more information, please visit: www.bournemouth.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Sociology and Politics, University of Bristol, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Undergraduate Maths Scholarships for International Students, University of Edinburgh, UK
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
MBA Scholarships, Bournemouth University, UK
The Business School launches new MBA Scholarships for students looking to start the Bournemouth MBA in September 2013. The Business School is delighted to offer six fully–funded places for UK/EU and International students offered a place to start the Bournemouth MBA in September 2013. These scholarships are worth £15,000 each, covering
PhD Studentships, Bournemouth University, UK
Bournemouth University is justifiably proud of its reputation for excellence in research. In the last Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) results, BU was the fourth most improved university in the UK for the quality of its research and achieving a high global research profile. The RAE ranking means that BU is now in
BU Dean’s Scholarship, Bournemouth University, UK
This scholarship is offered to students who have applied to study a full-time taught Masters degree on BU campus and specific entry requirements apply for each School. Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship? Students who are classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes are eligible to apply. To which courses does this
MBA Director’s Scholarship, Bournemouth University, UK
The Director of the Bournemouth MBA has a number of scholarships to award students who are determined to achieve the very best results on the course. Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship? All MBA applicants are eligible to apply. To which courses does this scholarship apply? The Bournemouth MBA (full-time routes). How much
PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
As part of continued investment in research, Bradford Media School (BMS) at the University of Bradford is offering two fully funded PhD studentships. City of Film Studentship: This studentship is linked to Bradford`s recent UNESCO City of Film award. The `City of Film` studentship can cover any aspect of the relationship between
Faculty of Management Executive Dean’s MBA Scholarships, Bournemouth University, UK
For The Bournemouth MBA starting September 2017 - applications will open early October 2016 Eligibility Students classified as ‘overseas’ for fee purposes are eligible to apply for the 50% award You cannot be in receipt of any other BU scholarships. Value: 50% tuition fee reduction Number available: Five Need to fill in an application:
Business School Dean’s ASEAN Scholarship, Bournemouth University, UK
The Business School Dean’s ASEAN Scholarship September 2014 and January 2015 entry This scholarship is offered to students who have applied to study a full-time Taught Masters at the Business School on BU campus. Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship? Students resident in all ASEAN nations (Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines,
PhD Studentships, School Of Design, Engineering And Computing, Bournemouth University, England, UK
The Creative Technology Research Group(CTRG) at the School of Design, Engineering & Computing (DEC), Bournemouth University (BU), is pleased to invite applications for a PhD studentship with full financial support. The Studentship offers a maintenance grant of £13,400 per annum and waiver of the full-time research student fee. The post will
Public Health Scholarships, Bournemouth University, UK
This scholarship is available for international students who are enrolling full-time on the MSc Public Health course with the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences. You don’t need to apply for this scholarship - it will be automatically awarded to you if you receive an unconditional offer for this course by
Reham al-Farra International Scholarship in Journalism, Bournemouth University, UK
For courses starting September 2017 - applications will open early October 2016 Eligibility Any international applicant classed as overseas for fee purposes You cannot be in receipt of any other BU scholarships. Value: £3,000 (tuition fee reduction) Number available: One Need to fill in an application: Yes Application deadline: 31 May 2017 The Reham al-Farra
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.