The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (also known as the Global UGRAD Program) is sponsored by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. It is a fully-funded scholarship for one semester of non-degree academic study at an assigned U.S. college or university.
It aims to recruit participants from underrepresented, non-elite backgrounds and emerging leaders committed to their home communities. Successful applicants get an in-depth exposure to US society, culture, and academic institutions, a chance to enhance their knowledge, and an opportunity to share their cultures and traditions with people in the United States.
All participants will be enrolled in full-time, non-degree, undergraduate course work chosen from their host institution’s existing curriculum. Participants will be required to enroll in at least two courses in their major and at least one course in a U.S. Studies field, such as U.S. history, literature, art, or government. Participants will live in campus housing facilities with American peers, and will be required to participate in twenty hours of community service. There will also be a virtual arrival orientation and an in-person end-of-program workshop.
- Be an Indonesian citizen
- Be over 18 years of age
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program (S1/D4) in Indonesia, having completed a minimum of one semester of study and having at least one more semester to complete at their home institution upon return. Preference will be given to those who are in their third or fifth semester.
- Demonstrate leadership potential through academic work, community involvement, and extracurricular activities
- Demonstrate a command of written and spoken English as attested by a recent (less than two years old) TOEFL ITP or TOEFL Prediction score of 500
- Be committed to return directly to Indonesia after the completion of the program
Preference will be given to those who have had little or no experience in the US or outside of their home countries. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for personal interview.
The following applicants are ineligible:
- US citizens and permanent residents of the United States
- Individuals currently studying, residing, or working outside of Indonesia
- Local employees of the US missions abroad who work for the US Department of State and/or the US Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Immediate family members (i.e., spouses and children) of US Department of State and USAID employees; family members are also ineligible for one year following the termination of employment
- Current World Learning and AMINEF employees and their immediate family members
The deadline for the online submission of application materials for the program is December 31, 2018.
Submission Requirements (to be supplied in English)
- Two letters of reference, one from a lecturer from the applicant’s major field of study, the other from another lecturer, an employer, a coach, or a community work supervisor
- Photocopy of Indonesian ID card (KTP)
- The latest university progress report / transcript in Indonesian and English
The transcript and other materials must be prepared before the deadline, since you will not be able to add additional information on the online application form after that date.
After the online application has been submitted, candidates should inform staff at AMINEF via email attaching their scanned TOEFL ITP or TOEFL Prediction score to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the email subject, “[Your Full Name] – Completed Global UGRAD Online Form.”
Please note that there are requirements unique to the Indonesia program, which may differ from details on the World Learning website. For applicants from Indonesia, please refer to the above requirements when applying to this program and direct all your questions to AMINEF staff.
Please also visit the following links for more information on the program:
- Global UGRAD website: www.worldlearning.org/ugrad
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/GlobalUGRAD
- World Learning’s interactive graphic: http://interactives.worldlearning.org/global-ugrad/
Specific questions regarding the application process may be addressed via email to the following address: email@example.com
For more information, please visit: www.aminef.or.id.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
2012 – 2013 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Global UGRAD, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
2012 – 2013 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Global UGRADThe Office of Academic Exchange Programs in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U. S. Department of State, is pleased to announce a new exchange program for undergraduate students-the 2012 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)The Global UGRAD Program
2011 – 2012 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program Global UGRAD, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
The Office of Academic Exchange Programs in the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U. S. Department of State, is pleased to announce a new exchange program for undergraduate students-the 2011 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)The Global UGRAD Program provides scholarships for one semester or one academic
International Education Week by Education USA AMINEF & Fulbright, Indonesia
The International Education Week is the opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. This join initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education is part of our efforts to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment and attract future
Fulbright International Science & Technology Award, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
The American Indonesia Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) is pleased to announce the availability of approximately 40 awards to be competed worldwide under the aegis of International Fulbright Science and Technology Award for Ph.D. study at top U.S. institutions in science, technology, or engineering for the 2012-2013 academic year matriculants.The Fulbright Program
Fulbright Doctoral Dissertation Research Program, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
This research grant is intended to provide U.S. research opportunities for Indonesian university doctoral candidates who are in the final stages of writing their dissertation. The grant duration is for a period of 6 months. The applicant should have a minimum ITP TOEFL score of 575 or IBT Score of
Fulbright Freeport Master Grants, American Indonesian Exchange Foundation, USA
Fulbright grants for Master's are available to Papuan residents in the following fields: Engineering, Environmental Science, Public Policy, Public Health, Business and related fields.Applicants will possess:KTP from Papua A Bachelor (S1) degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (scale 4.00) Leadership qualities A good understanding of Indonesian and international cultures A demonstrated commitment to
Business Exchange Scholarship, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
University of Technology, Sydney Course area/ Division: BUS.Faculty of BusinessDescription UTS: Business recognises the importance of international exchange in a student’s academic life. The Faculty is committed in supporting students who wish to go on exchange in order to gain an international perspective on global business methods and practices.UTS: Business may offer
Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program, Indonesia – USA
The Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program was established in October 2002 to provide scholarships for high school students (15-17 years of age) from countries with significant Muslim populations, including Indonesia, to spend up to one academic year in the United States. YES students live with host families, attend
Undergraduate Exchange Program, United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan
The United States Educational Foundation (USEF) in Pakistan has announced the 2011-12 Undergraduate Exchange Program for Pakistan. The Undergraduate Exchange Program is intended to promote mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of Pakistan.Eligibility CriteriaPakistani citizens 25 years or younger Currently enrolled in a college or university
The Indonesian-German Scientists Exchange Program
The Indonesian-German Scientists Exchange Program is a joint project by the DAAD and the Directorate of Research and Community Service Development (DIKTI) in the Indonesian Ministry of Education and Culture. Each year, up to 5 scientists from higher education institutions or research institutes from both countries
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.