The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPF) was established by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) in 2009. The HKPF aims at attracting the best and brightest students across the world to pursue their research degree programmes in Hong Kong. 250 PhD Fellowships will be awarded to all institutions in each academic year. For the 2019-20 exercise, application starts on September 1, 2018 (noon).
To discourage plagiarism, the RGC requests institutions to conduct plagiarism checking on all nominated applications before submitting their nominations to the RGC. Applicants should make sure that their application materials do not contain any plagiarised materials, in particular the research proposal & past research experience and vision statements which are expected to be an original piece of work written by the applicant.
New applicants to full-time PhD programmes in government-funded institutions in Hong Kong, irrespective of their country of origin and ethnic background, are eligible to apply. Applicants should demonstrate outstanding academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
The HKPF provides each awardee with a monthly scholarship of HK$25,100* and a conference and research related travel allowance of HK$12,600 per year for a period up to three years. For HKPF awardees who are admitted to a 4-year PhD programme in 2019-20, the University will provide a monthly scholarship and travel allowance at the same level as the HKPF for their fourth year of study. Please click here for further details.
HKU guarantees non-local HKPF awardees a hall place for their first year of study.
* HKPF holders in the University of Hong Kong have to observe the Regulations Governing Postgraduate Scholarships.
Applicants will need to submit one initial application to the RGC (only with basic information such as their names, the two chosen programmes / institutions, place of birth, etc.) through RGC’s on-line system, and each of the applications will be allocated a reference number. The deadline for submitting an initial application to RGC is December 1, 2018 at Hong Kong Time 12:00:00 (GMT +8 hours). Please click here for RGC on-line initial application.
Applicants who have chosen HKU in their initial applications have to submit an on-line application form and upload soft copies of supporting documents via the on-line application system of HKU to apply for admission. They are required to indicate that they are applying for the HKPF in the on-line application form and quote the reference number assigned to them by the RGC. The deadline for submitting an application to HKU is December 1, 2018. Faculties will then submit the nominated candidates to the Graduate School for consideration. Please click here to HKU Online Application System.
Applicants who have applied for the HKPF will be automatically considered for the award of University Postgraduate Fellowships (UPF) mentioned in the following session. Nevertheless, applicants who have successfully been selected for the award of HKPF will not concurrently be awarded the UPF and Postgraduate Scholarships offered by the University.
For more information, please visit: www.gradsch.hku.hk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Fully Funded Research MPhil/PhD Programmes in Linguistics at The University of Hong Kong
The School of English of the University of Hong Kong, which has an international academic staff and postgraduate student body working in many areas of linguistics, offers full- and part-time research postgraduate programmes for MPhil and PhD degree. For more details about us, our research work, and how to apply please
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), Hong Kong Baptist University
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), established by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) in 2009, aims at attracting the best and brightest students from all over the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong. Funding Applicants for admission to PhD programmes at HKBU via the HKPFS will
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
Established in 2009 by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC), the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD programmes in Hong Kong`s institutions. Eligibility Those who are seeking admission as new full time PhD
PhD Fellowship, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Established in 2009 by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC), the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD programs in Hong Kong’s institutions. Eligibility Those who are seeking admission as new full time PhD students in UGC-funded institutions
Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Birmingham, UK
The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce postgraduate Masters degree scholarships for candidates from Hong Kong beginning their studies in September 2011. Candidates for the scholarships should normally fulfill the following requirements: have resided in Hong Kong for at least 7 years preceding 1 October 2011; be holders of a degree (or
Curtin Health Science – English Language Bridging Scholarships, Curtin University, Australia
This scholarship will provide English Language Bridging Intensive courses (ELB) for students from China and Hong Kong who are eligible for an undergraduate Faculty of Health Sciences course at Curtin Bentley, and students from Indonesia who are eligible for a postgraduate Faculty of Health Sciences course at Curtin Bentley. Student type:
International Research Scholarships, European Union Academic Programme (EUAP), Hong Kong
European Union Academic Programme Hong Kong (EUAP) International Research Scholarships (PhD Scholarships) The European Union Academic Programme Hong Kong (EUAP) is inviting applications for two PhD Scholarships in the fields of European Union Studies / EU Relations with China / East Asia. The EUAP is a consortium of four universities in Hong Kong,
Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships in Film, Visual & Performing Arts, University of Kent, UK
Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships in Film, Visual & Performing Arts 2011/12 The School of Arts at the University of Kent, with the support of the Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation, has a scholarship available for the 2010/11 academic year, for a Hong Kong resident graduate studying any of our taught Film
Undergraduate Scholarships for Non-local Students, Lingnan University, Hong Kong
Lingnan University offers scholarships to support outstanding non-local students to pursue full-time undergraduate studies at our University. Full Scholarship (covering tuition, hostel and other academic and living expenses), Tuition Scholarship or Half-tuition Scholarship per academic year will be awarded to successful applicants. Each Scholarship is offered on an annual renewable basis
Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards, The University of Liverpool, UK
The University of Liverpool has a range of scholarships and awards on offer to international undergraduate students for 2010/11 entry. There are some scholarships offers for students from any countries to study at University of Liverpool. Award Eligibility Amount Deadline Regional Awards Fee reduction for all new non-clinical international students £1,000 per academic year No application necessary. Award
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.