Each year the ANU offers a number of scholarships to students commencing an Honours year.
Field of study
Honours in any field
- You should be intending to enrol full-time at this University in the Honours Year of a program of study leading to the award of the degree of Bachelor with Honours or
- In the final year of a program of study leading to the award of the degree of Bachelor with Honours where the honours component is an integral part of the final year (that is, Law, Engineering, Visual Arts and Music).
- You must contact the relevant Honours Convenor for your discipline in your College.
- You need to establish that you have (or will have) the academic qualifications for entry into Honours and that the required resources will be available to you.
- We understand that your entry into Honours may not be finalised at this stage. You do not need to wait for results before lodging an application. If you lodge an application and later become ineligible for Honours, your application will be disregarded.
- With the approval of the relevant College, you may commence the Honours Program in either first or second semester of the academic year.
- International students are eligible to apply for ANU Honours Scholarships.
Selection is based primarily on academic merit, however consideration may also be given to your choice of honours proposal as outlined in your 200 word statement.
The scholarship offers a stipend valued at $5,000 for 1 year.
How to apply
There is only one round of applications and offers for this scholarship each year. If you are going to commence your honours mid year(semester 2), you must apply in this round. Applications open from 1st September to 30th November each year
You will be required to provide a 200 word statement describing the research, professional or scholarly interests which you intend to pursue during your Honours Year. This must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit: www.anu.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Astronomy & Astrophysics Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics Supplementary Scholarship These scholarships are offered by the ANU College of Physical & Mathematical Sciences. Field of study Astronomy and Astrophysics ANU location of study Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics Value A$5,000.00 (current rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Duration Three years full-time, with a possible six month extension Eligible programs PhD Eligibility Bachelors
ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences Honours Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
This scholarship is offered by the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences. Field of study Arts (Honours) Value Up to $5,000 Duration 1 year Number on offer Up to 10 Eligibility To be eligible, students must be currently enrolled at this University or another University, in a program of study leading to the award of
Sir Geoffrey Yeend Honours Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
This scholarship is offered by the College of Asia & the Pacific. Field of study Honours in: political science visual arts performing arts asian studies. Value: $5,000 Duration: 1 year Number on offer: Up to 3 Eligibility You should be intending to enrol full-time at this University in the Honours Year of a program of study leading to the award of
Arjen Ryder Memorial Scholarship, University of Western Australia
The Arjen Ryder Memorial Scholarship has been established in honour of Mr. Arjen Ryder and his wife Yvonne to encourage and assist a high achieving undergraduate student to pursue a Bachelor of Science (Honours), or Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours), with a thesis relating to sustainable agricultural practices at the UWA
ANU University Research Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia
The University funds a number of scholarships for Doctor of Philosophy or Professional Doctorate by research. Field of study All Value A$23,728 (2012 rate) per annum tax free, in fortnightly payments Other benefits A scholar who is resident elsewhere in Australia or who is permanently residing outside Australia at the time of application, is eligible to
ANU Tuition Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
Field of study All Purpose A number of ANU Tuition Scholarships are funded and awarded by individual Colleges and determined as part of the application process. This scholarship covers international student tuition fees. Value This is a Tuition Fee Scholarship Other benefits N/A Duration Three years full-time, with two possible six month extensions. Take up by 31 March (normally). It is
ANU Master of Philosophy Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
ANU Master of Philosophy Scholarships are funded by individual academic Colleges. It is expected that recipients will study on a full-time basis. However, in accordance with strict criteria, the scholarship can be awarded for part-time study. International scholars must undertake study on a full-time basis. Eligibility The scholarships are available to
Women’s Services Guild PhD Top-up Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The Women’s Service Guild of Western Australia was established as a voluntary organisation for the purpose of promoting the interests of women in WA. The Guild, after almost one hundred years of service, is no longer in operation but has endowed top-up scholarships to support research
ANU PhD Scholarships, Australian National University, Australia
A number of ANU PhD Scholarships which provide a stipend are funded by Colleges. It is normal for recipients to undertake study on a full-time basis. However, in accordance with strict criteria, the scholarship can be awarded for part-time study. International scholars must undertake study on a full-time basis. Value $27,082
Tall Foundation Scholarship in Classics, Australian National University, Australia
Each year the ANU School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics in the ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences may award a scholarship, known as the Tall Foundation Scholarship in Classics, to an Honours IV student. The donors of the Tall Foundation Scholarship in Classics are ANU alumni with broad interests
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.