Imperial’s prestigious Imperial College Research Fellowships sustain the brightest and best early career researchers from across the world, providing a level of commitment and support that is rare from a UK university.
As an Imperial College Research Fellow (ICRF) you will receive a four year fellowship which includes:
- a competitive salary
- research and travel expenses of up to £45,000
- personal mentoring support from a senior Imperial academic
- focussed careers support, training courses, and development opportunities from the College’s Postdoc and Fellows Development Centre
- the chance to take full responsibility for setting and directing your own research agenda
This support gives you the freedom to focus on your research and career trajectory, with no obligatory teaching or administration. For an idea of what the Fellowship can help you to achieve, please see the achievements of our past and current cohorts.
- There are no restrictions on nationality; however you will be required to provide evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK before commencing any fellowship offered
- Applicants should have a PhD and will normally have no more than four years postdoctoral research experience in an academic environment (calculated from the PhD viva to the application deadline). Exceptions to this can include discipline hopping, where there must still be less than four years post-doctoral research experience in the discipline of the proposed fellowship; career breaks and career changes, where time spent out of the academic research environment will not be counted in the four years
- In exceptional cases, applicants applying to the Faculty of Engineering and Imperial College Business School are permitted to apply before the submission of the PhD but any offer of funding will be dependent on the PhD being awarded before the start of the fellowship
- For applications to the Faculties of Natural Sciences and Medicine, a PhD must have been submitted before an application is made and the PhD must be awarded before the start of the fellowship
The Imperial College Research Fellowship call is for fellowships starting in 2019 is open. The deadline for applications is Tuesday 28 August 2018.
For more information, please visit: www.imperial.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
PhD Studentship, Imperial College London, UK
Studentships: up to £18,000 pa plus payment of fees Deadline: Friday 19th February Start date: October 2010 Imperial College Business School has a global reputation for academic excellence and provides the opportunity to learn from world-class faculty and cutting edge research. The recent RAE 2008 assessment places the Business School joint first for
Imperial Executive MBA Scholarships, Imperial College London, UK
Imperial College Business School is pleased to offer scholarships to outstanding candidates for the Imperial Executive MBA. Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria: The information supplied in your original application to the programme, including a strong academic background and an excellent track record of professional achievement Your performance during
PhD Studentships in the History of Science, Technology and Medicine, Imperial College, London, UK
The Centre for the History of Science, Technology and Medicine at Imperial College London invites applications for the Hans Rausing PhD studentship, starting in the 2009/10 academic year. The history of science and technology has been taught and researched at Imperial College London since 1963, and CHoSTM in its current form
Public Healthcare Scholarship, Imperial College London, UK
Imperial College London is world-renowned for teaching and research in medicine and healthcare, and at the Business School we recognise the unique value that healthcare professionals bring to the MBA classroom. We are delighted to announce a new scholarship to recognise exceptional candidates joining us from careers in the UK’s National
PhD Studentship, Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Imperial College London, UK
PhD Studentship Experimental Investigation of Fluid Flow and Mass Transport in Heap Leaching Imperial College London - Department of Earth Science and Engineering A Rio Tinto studentship is being offered to an excellent student in Chemical Engineering, Minerals Processing or related disciplines. The studentship will cover all student fees, and also offers a
Faculty of Medicine Dean’s Master’s scholarships, Imperial College London, UK
The Faculty of Medicine is offering scholarships for students starting full-time or part-time Master’s programmes in October 2018. The Dean’s Master’s Scholarship Up to nine scholarships of £10,000 available for applicants to study an MSc or MRes course run by the Faculty of Medicine beginning in October 2018. Applications are now open for
Chapman Fellowships in Mathematics, Imperial College London, UK
Applications are invited for two Chapman Fellowships in Mathematics, tenable for two years, starting 1 October 2011 or as soon as possible thereafter. This research post provides an excellent opportunity for those seeking to pursue an academic career in mathematics. Salary range: £30,680 - £39,130 p.a. Eligibility requirements Candidates for a Chapman Fellowship
Imperial Business Scholarships, Imperial College London, UK
The Imperial Business Scholarships recognise strong applicants who demonstrate the ability and passion to meet the challenges present in today’s dynamic global business environment to make a positive difference as socially responsible leaders for tomorrow. If you want to be considered for an Imperial Business Scholarship, you should make sure you
Entrepreneurship Scholarship, Imperial College London, UK
Entrepreneurship has always been a cornerstone of our Full-Time MBA programme at Imperial. We recognise the value that entrepreneurs who have experienced the full life-cycle of a start-up bring to the cohort, by enhancing peer learning with real-world experience. We are delighted to offer a scholarship for Full-Time MBA candidates with
PhD Studentship in Fluid Mechanics, Imperial College London, UK
Imperial College London Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering PhD Studentship in Fluid Mechanics (Wave-structure interactions) A PhD studentship concerning the description of extreme water waves and the fluid loads arising high in the wave crest is available in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Imperial College London. The
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.