This project is funded by the Australian Research Council and will be hosted within the Productive Coasts Group (COAST), within the Climate Change Cluster (C3) at the University of Technology Sydney (UTS). COAST is one of 7 key research programs within C3, focused on the functional ecology of algae. C3 is one of the UTS “research strength” institutes and currently hosts 90 researchers and a comprehensive suite of field and laboratory-based analytical equipment and research infrastructure that will be available to the project.
Who is eligible?
- Domestic students; or international students who are able to pay tuition fees (or have their own tuition fee scholarship).
- Those that have completed a Bachelor of Science degree with first class honours or Master of Science by research, or an equivalent level of training.
- Experience in algal physiology and biological oceanography, and strong knowledge of microbiology and molecular biology
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to publish research outcomes in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- High levels of motivation and enthusiasm
Value: $27,082 (2018 RTPS rate)
How to apply
For further information contact:
Prof Martina Doblin
How organisms will response to more frequent, extreme and unpredictable changes in their environment remains almost completely untested in biological systems, and is slated by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change as urgently required if we are to manage its consequences for human society.
This project will investigate the strategies marine eukaryotes use to grow under increasing environmental variation; specifically examining whether they transition from a principally autotrophic (photosynthetic) to mixotrophic mode, whereby cells subsidise their light-driven carbon fixation by taking up organic nutrients or engulfing prey (phagotrophy).
The candidate will undertake acclimation and experimental evolution studies with numerous taxa to investigate responses to changes in environmental variability on two timescales: (1) short (weeks) where acclimation responses dominate; and (2) long (months-years) timescales that include evolutionary dynamics.
For more information, please visit: www.uts.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for International Students, University of the West of England, UK
- Fully Funded GCE A Level Scholarships for Indonesian Students, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Fully Funded Art Major Asian Scholarships, Korea National University of Arts, South Korea
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarship for Student from Developing Country, University of Westminster, UK
Business Leader Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia
This exciting scholarship program offers financial assistance for half of the required tuition fees for up to three incoming MBA students each semester. This scholarship is intended to promote academic excellence in coursework Masters programs within the University of Sydney Business School. The scholarships will be awarded to outstanding applicants
Postgraduate Scholarship in Tropical Palaeo-climate, University of Sydney, Australia
A full-time postgraduate scholarship is available for a suitably qualified candidate with a good honours degree in the geography, geology, geochemistry or related disciplines, to undertake research studies leading to a PhD in Geosciences. The project is to investigate the use of stable isotopes from authigenic carbonates in tropical volcanic
PhD Scholarship in Environmental Fluid Mechanics, University of Sydney, Australia
The School of Civil Engineering at The University of Sydney offers a scholarship for a highly qualified student to undertake full-time research leading to a PhD in Environmental Fluid Mechanics. This research project is aimed to investigate the dynamics of biomineral suspended particle matter (SPM) in turbulently-stirred waters, with a
International Master Scholarship in Law, University of Sydney, Australia
Sydney Law School Foundation International Scholarships (Masters by Coursework) The Sydney Law School Foundation established a limited number of scholarships to support outstanding international students undertaking a Master by Coursework program with the Sydney Law School. Eligibility Applicants must: Have accepted an unconditional offer of admission to a Master by Coursework program. Have a minimum
Undergraduate Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia
University of Sydney Scholarships for International School Leavers Applying through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) University of Sydney Scholarships for School Leavers applying for admission through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) are awarded annually in January on a combination of school examination results, UAI and other achievements, (leadership, creativity, self-motivation, communication
PhD Studentship in Marine Palaeoclimatology, Institute of Environmental Science and Technology, Spain
The Institute of Environmental Science and Technology (ICTA) at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona is a leading national institute carrying out research and education in the environmental sciences. ICTA promotes basic and applied multidisciplinary research into environmental processes and the relations between the changing environment and society. ICTA currently has
Engineering (Management) Masters Scholarship for Outstanding International Students, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
The intention of this Scholarship is to attract high achieving international postgraduate students to the UTS Engineering program. Who is eligible? To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria: Must be a commencing International student (neither an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen nor permanent resident
Postgraduate Scholarships in Hydrogeochemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering A full-time postgraduate scholarship is available for a suitably qualified candidate with a good honours degree in science, agriculture or land and water science to undertake research studies leading to a Masters in Hydrogeochemistry. The project is to investigate groundwater quality to identify the residence time
Media Transition Doctoral Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
University of Technology Sydney is offering scholarships to research the effects and implications of disruption and transition in the media sector. Students will work with the Centre for Media Transition, an interdisciplinary unit established to explore and develop responses to the dramatic and ongoing movements wrought by digital disruption to
Jae My Postgraduate Scholarship in Korean Studies, University of Sydney, Australia
In order to promote and encourage research on Korean Studies, the Jae My Holdings Pty Ltd has established the Jae My Postgraduate Scholarship in Korean Studies at the University of Sydney. The Scholarship will provide 3 years of support for a full-time PhD student doing research on a topic in
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.