Independent Artist Certificate Scholarships are available to applicants enrolling in the Independent Artist Certificate Program who demonstrate outstanding talent.
- The total scholarship amount will $1000 per quarter.
- Available to International Students and US Citizens.
- May be applied to Certificate or Degree in Guitar, Bass, Vocal, Drum, or Keyboard Performance programs or Degree in Music Composition program. (MI Select and MI Select Express programs are not eligible.)
- Applicant must be accepted into a qualified program.
- Complete applications must be received by scholarship due date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The total scholarship amount will be divided by the total number of quarters in the particular program and credited toward each quarter’s tuition in equal amounts for as long as the student maintains a 3.5 GPA.
- Scholarships are non-transferable, and may not be applied to any person, program or start date other than the one for which it was awarded.
1. Audio Recording:
- Containing the 2-3 songs that you submitted with your original application to the program, plus a minimum of two or maximum of five more
- Accepted formats: wav, mp3, aac
2. Credit List:
- Detailed credit list for any songs performed or submitted with your application.
- Include information that lists who performed each instrument, who engineered, and who produced.
3. Lyric Sheet PDF:
- If you are the author of any lyrics performed or submitted with this application.
- Include a lyric sheet for each song.
4. One-Page Word Essay:
- Describing your short and long-term career objectives.
- Include specific information about how you plan to meet your objectives.
5. YouTube URL:
- video recording containing a minimum of 2 original songs in a solo performance or in a band/ensemble setting.
6. Multi-Track Audio Files:
- Complete multi-track audio files of 2 original recording.
- These may be the same songs submitted for the audio recording requirement.
- Accepted formats: Apple Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton Live, bounced individual audio files.
7. YouTube URL:
- A video recording of no more than 10 minutes documenting your writing/creative process.
For more information, please visit: scholarshipstips.com.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
MI 35th Anniversary Independent Artist Program Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
The MI 35th Anniversary Independent Artist Program Scholarship will be awarded in Spring 2013 to a student (US or non-US citizen) newly enrolling in the Musicians Institute Independent Artist Program who clearly articulates their career goals as an independent artist within the music industry and demonstrates verifiable financial need. The scholarship
Jennifer Batten Independent Artist Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
The Jennifer Batten Independent Artist Program Scholarship is provided to encourage and support the educational growth and career objectives of a newly enrolling Independent Artist Program student in honor of MI alumnus, world-class guitarist and successful independent artist Jennifer Batten. The scholarship will be awarded in Spring 2014 to a new
Ryder Buck Memorial Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
The Ryder Buck Memorial Independent Artist Scholarship was created to honor the memory and creative talents of Musicians Institute student Ryder Buck. The scholarship is provided (by the family and friends of Ryder Buck) to encourage and support the educational growth of a newly enrolling Independent Artist Program student. The scholarship
President’s Award IAP Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
The President’s Award IAP Scholarship, was created to honor and acknowledge exceptional students (newly enrolling IAP Program students) who can clearly articulate their professional goals in the music industry, and submit two songs that you have composed, produced, and arranged. Award The total scholarship award will be $1,000 credited toward the
MI 35th Anniversary Keyboard Technology Program Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
The MI 35th Anniversary Keyboard Technology Program Scholarship will be awarded in Spring 2013 to a student (US or non-US citizen) newly enrolling in the Musicians Institute Keyboard Technology Program who demonstrates overall outstanding musicianship and stylistic versatility. The scholarship is applicable for students enrolled in the Keyboard performance program only,
MI 35th Anniversary Vocal Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
The MI 35th Anniversary Vocal Scholarship will be awarded in Fall 2013 to a student (US or non-US citizens) enrolling in the Associate of Arts in Performance (Vocal) Program who demonstrates outstanding vocal skills in any genre. The scholarship is applicable for students enrolled in the Vocal Performance Program only,
Guitar It Up For Girls Guitar Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
The Guitar It Up For Girls Guitar Scholarship, (sponsored by Guitar It Up For Girls.com to support the educational growth of a newly enrolling female student); will be awarded in Spring 2012 to a female student enrolling in the Associate of Arts in Performance (Guitar) program (US or non-US citizen)
Musicianship Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
Musicianship Scholarships are available to new instrumental students enrolling in the Bachelor of Music, Bachelor of Composition, Associate of Arts, or Certificate in Performance Programs. The scholarship is applicable for students enrolled in instrumental performance programs and composition only, and may not be transferred to a non-performance program emphases (Audio Engineering,
ESP Acoustic Guitar Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
The ESP Acoustic Guitar Scholarship, sponsored by the ESP Guitar Company, is awarded each Fall and Spring to a student enrolling in the Associate of Arts in Performance (Guitar) program who demonstrates outstanding musicianship as an acoustic guitarist. The scholarship is applicable for students enrolled in the Guitar performance program
Hard Rock Cafe / Hard Rock Bass Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
The Hard Rock Cafe / Hard Rock Bass Scholarship, generously sponsored by The Hard Rock Cafe Hollywood, will be awarded to a newly enrolling student who demonstrates excellence in musicianship and performance skills in the Hard Rock genre and will be enrolling in the Associate of Arts (Bass) program at
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.