The Indonesia Global Leaders Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for high achieving students from Indonesia to further their studies in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Law. Challenge yourself academically and develop the skills to thrive in constantly changing and competitive business environments. Successful Global Leaders scholars will receive:
- $5,000 – $10,000 tuition fee scholarship. The final amount awarded to the successful applicants will be at the discretion of the selection committee.
- You will simultaneously develop your employability skills though priority access to exciting programs on offer through our award-winning Student Employability Team, as well as receive exclusive invitations to selected ‘Invite only’ seminars, presentations, and events throughout your studies. Upon graduation, you will join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders scholarship alumni, and build upon your professional networks at home and abroad.
Please click here to view the Scholarship flyer.
- Citizens of Indonesia who normally reside in Indonesia and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Students who wish to commence their program at UQ in Semester 1, 2019
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange).
- Criteria is based on academic excellence, and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
- Undergraduate opportunities: students must have completed the International Baccalaureate for direct entry, or for those who are undertaking degree level studies from a recognised, degree granting institution in Indonesia, at least one year must be completed. Students from our partner institutions are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Postgraduate opportunities: high achieving students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized tertiary institution are also encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- Lodge an official application online here for your chosen undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program. You must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for the scholarship.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship application closing date).
- Once you have received your offer, complete the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law International Scholarship Application Form online here. You will be required to submit the following with your scholarship application:
- Personal/motivational statement
This statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
– The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
– Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer, if available (in English). The academic reference letters should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.
Please ensure that you read through all information outlined above and provide relevant documents as outlined in the Scholarship and UQ Application Forms.
If your application for your chosen degree program has not been assessed by the scholarship application closing date, unfortunately we cannot take your scholarship application into consideration.
Scholarship application opening/closing dates
For commencement of studies at UQ in Semester 1, 2019:
Applications open 1 May, 2018 and close on 30 November, 2018
For commencement of studies at UQ in Semester 2, 2019:
Applications open 1 December, 2018 and close on 30 April, 2019
Please refer to the Scholarship Terms and Conditions here.
Before you apply:
- You are encouraged to read the definitive rules for this scholarship prior to application, in particular any specific eligibility conditions and check the FAQs if you have any questions.
Enquiries about this scholarship
Contact:Faculty of Business, Economics & Law
For more information, please visit: scholarships.uq.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Australia Awards Indonesia
The Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships and fellowships funded by the Australian Government. They offer the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia and for high-achieving Australians to do the same overseas. Applications for Australia Awards postgraduate scholarships for 2017 intake
Vice-Chancellor’s International Postgraduate Scholarships, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
The University of Southern Queensland (USQ) will offer two Scholarships in Semester 2, 2013 to outstanding international students intending to study a postgraduate degree by coursework. You must be intending to study full-time, on-campus at USQ Toowoomba, Springfield or Fraser Coast and therefore must be able to study in Australia
Institute for Molecular Bioscience Honours Scholarship, University of Queensland, Australia
For: Domestic and International students intending to commence an Honours project at IMB in 2014. Value: AUD$2,500 Duration: One academic year (full-time) Closing date for applications: 22 November 2013 How to apply: In order to apply for the scholarship you need to provide: A letter of support from the IMB Group Leader who will supervise the project Personal Statement
Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Queensland, Australia
University of Queensland International offers a limited number of scholarship opportunities for outstanding international students intending to study in an undergraduate program at The University of Queensland. Any undergraduate program offered at the University except quota programmes: Oral Health, Dental Science, Physiotherapy, Occupational Health and Safety Science, Medicine/Surgery, Arts and Medicine/Surgery
Master of Philosophy (MPhil) Scholarships in Neuroscience, University of Queensland, Australia
Established in 2003, the Queensland Brain Institute (QBI) is housed on the St Lucia campus of UQ. It is home to more than 400 staff, including 33 group leaders, working across a range of disciplines, focussed on discovering the fundamental mechanisms that regulate brain development and function in health and
Master of Architecture International Scholarships, University of Queensland, Australia
The School of Architecture invites outstanding international students to apply for scholarships valued at AUD $14,800 per year. Eligibility The scholarships are available for international students who have completed undergraduate studies and been accepted into the Master of Architecture at UQ. The successful candidates must be classed as an international student
Vice-Chancellor’s Research Fellowships, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is offering up to five prestigious Vice-Chancellor`s Research Fellowships for talented early and mid-career researchers. QUT`s reputation for quality research is characterized by strong links with industry, professions and the community. As one of Australia`s fastest growing research universities, QUT is backing its aspirations with a
TC Beirne School of Law Scholarship, University of Queensland, Australia
This scholarship provides assistance to overseas students* enrolled or enrolling full-time in the Master of Laws (LLM) or Master of International Law (MICLaw) programs. The scholarship will take the form of monetary assistance to help with living expenses for 12 months and will be paid in two installments – one
University of Adelaide Global Leaders Scholarships, Australia
The 2019 University of Adelaide Global Leaders Scholarships are highly competitive awards that reward commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international students who have demonstrated academic excellence in previous studies. Scholarships in this program have the following conditions Available for students commencing in 2019 only; Available for commencing direct-entry international undergraduate and
PhD Scholarship in Physics, University of Queensland, Australia
Quantum Simulation with Neutral Atoms - Experiment Supervisors: Dr Tyler Neely and Prof. Halina Rubinsztein-Dunlop Study in sunny subtropical Brisbane, Australia, within the new ARC Centre of Excellence for Engineered Quantum Systems (EQuS – http://www.equs.org) at the University of Queensland – ranked in the top 100 institutions internationally. We have a vacancy
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.