2014 INHA UNIVERSITY SUMMER SCHOOL
Inha University is one of the most prestigious private universities in Korea, and has been continually ranked as a top 10 college nationwide. Since its foundation as an engineering institute in 1954, the university has sustained a strong tradition of academic integrity and gained a reputation for excellent educational programs and research in the fields of science and technology, and across a broader academic spectrum including IT, social sciences, business, global logistics, education, law, fine arts, humanities and medicine. Motivated by the strong support and investment of the Hanjin Group, which controls the foundation along with Korean Air, Inha University continues to develop and enhance its education programs, practical research projects and globalization efforts. Inha’s vision continues with its grand project of building a global campus in New Songdo City, a newly emerging international business and R&D hub city in northeast Asia.
Inha University annually offers a Summer School program as a part of its goal to a more enhanced global education. The summer program was first initiated in 2004 to provide overseas college students with hands-on opportunities to learn the Korean language and experience the cultural and academic life in Korea. Since then, the program has continued to develop and has been enriched with more unique and diverse activities, while attracting more participants every year.
This short-term, intensive program mainly consists of classroom lectures, visits to corporate sites, cultural sessions and field trips to cultural and historic places in general. Through the coursework, international students will have opportunities to better understand the dynamic aspects of the past, present and future of the Korean society.
One of the most important and engaging aspects of this program is that the learning is not limited to the classroom. Many field trip locations are themselves “living textbooks” for international students, who are eager to gain real world experiences on traditional and modern Korean culture. Throughout the program, international students will enjoy many chances to meet and interact with Korean students, and an opportunity will be given to make a presentation to share their experiences and views with each other. At the end of the program, participants will receive certificates of completion.
In addition to learning about the Korean language and culture, students will also be able to take many other interesting courses such as East Asian Politics and Int’l Relations, Korean Society and Politics in the Films, Introduction to Korean Business & Economy, Language and Culture in Practice and Modern Technologies for the Future etc. These courses will cover theories at the introductory level, present diverse aspects in the chosen fields and include site visits to various off-campus places. The fields and scopes of the courses will continue to expand reflecting demands from students and the global community.
Experience a Leading Korean University
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of the top universities in Korea and earn credits towards a degree at your home university in only three weeks. Inha University has world class facilities including a library, student center and dormitory.
Immersion with Korean Students
Inha University has close to 22,000 students. All summer school participants will have a Korean buddy who will help them to learn about Korean culture and practice Korean.
Wide Variety of Unique Courses Available
A variety of unique Korean-related courses are offered to participating students.
Support and Guidance
Students will have access to the support staff in the dormitory and the International Center as well as academic and other counseling services.
Students will have lots of time to experience Incheon metropolitan city, which is one of the most dynamic and beautiful cities in Korea.
- Period: July 28, 2014 – August 15, 2014 [3 weeks]
- Participants: International Students currently enrolled at a university
- Language of Instruction: English (Some language classes may be taught in Chinese or Japanese. No prior knowledge of Korean is necessary)
- Course Information: Students can expect outstanding teaching standards delivered in a warm and welcoming environment. Programs are designed to be interactive, stimulating and fun. Teaching involves a combination of lectures, classroom learning, self directed study and practical field trips.
Please apply online at http://summer.inha.ac.kr
Important Dates Schedule
- April 20 (Sun) Early Bird Registration Closes
- May 4 (Sun) Online Application and Payment Deadline
- May 25 (Sun) Cancellation Deadline
- July 27 (Sun) Arrival Day
- July 28 (Mon) Summer School Starts
- August 15 (Fri) Summer School Ends
- August 16 (Sat) Departure
Application will be cancelled if payment is not made by the payment deadline.
Registration cancellations received prior to the cancellation deadline may be eligible to receive a 50% refund. Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
Invitation letters will be sent out after the cancellation deadline.
Participants will reside in campus residential halls which are conveniently located within walking distance. Each room houses four students and students can use all the facilities including computer rooms, laundry facilities, shared kitchen and gyms and etc. There are also many restaurants and supermarkets nearby for students.
PRACTICAL FIELD TRIPS
Over the course of the three weeks, students will go on field trips specific to the subject they are studying. For example, students who study business may visit the headquarters of multinational corporations while students taking Korean culture class may visit the National Folk Museum or the Museum of Immigration History. All of these field trips will complement classroom learning.
International Center, Inha University
100 Inha-ro, Nam-gu, Incheon 402-751, Korea
t. +82-32-860-7032 f. +82-32-867-7222
e. email@example.com h. http://summer.inha.ac.kr
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
Student Exchange Program, Inha University, Korea
INHA University gives opportunity for undergraduate students of UGM to study at at INHA University in the academic year of 2014. Students will have to bear all the expenses. Average course load per semester is 3-19 credits. Requirements: Undergraduate students of UGM who are in 2nd and 3rd year Complete the application form Autobiography
Undergraduate Scholarships, Government of Korea, INHA University
The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology is recruiting '2011 Government Scholarship Students'. For more details, please refer to the following information. 1. Qualification : Applicants must meet all the following conditions: a. Applicants must be 2nd or 3rd or 4th year undergraduate students. b. GPA for the last semester must be over
Konkuk University International Summer Program, South Korea
The International Summer Program (ISP) at Konkuk University is a two-to-four-week-long summer program that provides a great opportunity for international students wishing to learn about Korea and experience its culture. The program is suitable for all students, but is particularly valuable to those having a general interest in Korea. Students
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Inha University, Korea
KGSP Application [University Quota] Application Period for 2013 KGSP at Inha University : From February 4th(Mon) to March 19th(Tue), 2013. Schedule for 2013 KGSP Selection (This can be changed according to NIIED.) Notice about KGSP Guidelines for 2013 (by NIIED) from January 21 to 22, 2013 Notice about KGSP Guidelines for 2013 &
Global Korea Scholarship for International Students
The Government of Korea has awarded international students a scholarship called "Global Korea Scholarship". If you are interested in applying for the program, you must meet all the requirements stated below: International students enrolled in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year undergraduate program at the time of application. Students whose GPA in the
Hanyang University Summer Program, South Korea
About Hanyang International Summer School (HISS) Hanyang International Summer School is an annual international exchange program by Hanyang University. There are more than 100 courses offered and are fully taught in English. This 4-week program allows the students to enroll up to 3 courses. The courses include from Korean Studies, Humanities,
Pusan National University Summer School, South Korea
2017 Pusan National University Summer School Program Duration: Session A (June 20 – July 21, 2017) Session B (July 24 – August 10, 2017) Application deadline: May 1, 2017 Payment deadline: May 15, 2017 PNU Summer School provides international students with an enriched cultural and educational experience through participation in five-week
Asia Center Graduate Summer Research Grants, Harvard University, USA
Asia Center Graduate Summer Language Grants for East, South and Southeast Asian Language Study, Harvard University. These grants are offered jointly by the Harvard University Asia Center, the Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, the Korea Institute, and the Reischauer Institute of Japanese Studies. These grants are for students
Graduate Studentships, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea
Graduate Studentship (MS, PhD) at Kyung Hee University, Seoul, South Korea Graduate School, Kyung Hee University, South Korea The successful applicants will join Department of Biomedical Engineering (http://web.khu.ac.kr/~bme/) or Department of Biomedical Science (http://www.khbiomed.net/intro/intro04.php) to develop and apply MRI sciences for brain imaging. The students will investigate MRI in normal volunteers and/or
Beasiswa Ajou International Summer School, Ajou University, Korea
Dibuka kesempatan bagi mahasiswa Unpad untuk mengikuti Ajou International Summer School 2011 (AISS 2011) yang akan berlangsung pada 6 Juli-9 Agustus 2011 di Ajou University Korea. Batas waktu penyerahan berkas lamaran: Senin, 28 Februari 2011 Biaya yang ditanggung oleh Ajou University: Biaya kuliah Field trip to Jeju Island (World Natural Heritage): 7 -9 Juli
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.