We are delighted to offer 5 International Baccalaureate Undergraduate Merit Scholarships in 2019. The scholarships are competitive awards worth 50% of the tuition fee of an undergraduate programme starting in September 2019. The scholarship is available for new international (non-EU) undergraduate students who meet the eligibility criteria. To be eligible, you must have previously studied or be currently studying an International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- You will be able to apply for a scholarship via MUSE for applicants.
- You must have received an offer by 19 April 2019.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 26 April 2019.
- Scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 31 May 2019.
- You must be studying for or currently hold the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
- You must receive an offer to study a full-time or part-time undergraduate degree or foundation degree programme at the University of Sheffield by 19 April 2019. All undergraduate degree courses are eligible with the exceptions of Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- Your degree/foundation programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- You must receive an offer for a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Degree programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- For tuition fee purposes you must be self-funded and eligible to pay the overseas tuition fee.
- You must not be a sponsored student*.
- You must enter a degree programme at the University of Sheffield in programme year 1 or year 2.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes and are not eligible for any undergraduate scholarships.
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and change scholarship provision.
- You must commence your studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- The International Baccalaureate Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2019 is limited to one award per person.
The International Baccalaureate Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2019 cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any of the following scholarships:- International Undergraduate Scholarship 2019
– International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2019
– GEMS International Merit Scholarship 2019
– NCUK Undergraduate Merit Scholarship 2019
– NCUK Undergraduate Scholarship 2019
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with any available scholarships from the Department or Faculty you will be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student*. Please use the funding calculator to find out if any scholarships are available from your Department/Faculty.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in-conjunction with any funding from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship, subject to the eligibility and award criteria you will be guaranteed the award in your first year of study. The scholarship is available in each of the follow academic years of your course subject to scoring 60%, or above, and achieving a minimum of 120 credits in the previous academic year.
- We are unable to accept applications for this scholarship from applicants for the following courses: Medicine (A100/A101) and Dentistry (A200).
- The merit scholarship is not applicable during any years in industry or any compulsory or non-compulsory years abroad as part of your degree.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you fail to meet the conditions of your course offer you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you change degree programme to begin your studies again at level 1 of a new degree programme you may forfeit your scholarship.
- If you change your degree programme during your studies and transfer to the concurrent academic year e.g year 1 BA English to year 2 BA English literature and Language, subject to the eligibility and award criteria you may continue to receive a merit scholarship.
- The merit scholarship can be provided for a maximum number of 4 academic years. This does not include years in industry or years abroad.
- The scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount only.
- The decision of the scholarship panel is final. No scholarship applications or decision appeals will be considered.
- All decisions made by the University are made in good faith, if a scholarship is awarded on the basis of predicted grades and you do not achieve your predicted grades but you are permitted to join the University, the University reserves the right to remove the scholarship.
- If you are selected for a merit scholarship and you subsequently join the University via clearing you will no longer be eligible to receive the award.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred to a future year of entry. If you decide to defer entry to another year you forfeit this award.
- Part-time students will receive the equivalent value of the scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of a single full-time academic year.
- The scholarship cannot be provided during any intercalating years of study.
- If you are selected for the scholarship, we’ll ask that you confirm acceptance of your scholarship and firm your offer by a fixed date.
* Sponsored student is defined as being in receipt of a total sum of funds that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University, before any scholarships, discounts or rewards are applied.
** Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.
For more information, please visit: www.sheffield.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
International Undergraduate Scholarship, University of Sheffield, UK
We are pleased to offer the International Undergraduate Scholarship 2019 to new international (non-EU) students starting their undergraduate studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2019. Key information: The International Undergraduate Scholarship 2019 is worth 10% of your tuition fee and is offered in each following academic year subject to
Scholarships for Students from Indonesia, University of Sheffield, UK
Scholarships for students from Indonesia The University is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students from Indonesia who show exceptional academic potential and are starting their studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2010. Undergraduate Scholarships eg BA, BSc, BEng, MEng Faculty Undergraduate Scholarships We are pleased to offer scholarships to
International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship, University of Sheffield, UK
We are delighted to offer 50 International Undergraduate Merit Scholarships in 2019. The scholarships are competitive awards worth 50% of the tuition fee for an undergraduate degree programme starting in September 2019. The scholarship is available for new international (non-EU) students who meet the eligibility criteria. Key dates You will be
Undergraduate Science International Scholarships 2010, University of Sheffield, UK
Science International Scholarships 2010 The University of Sheffield The University of Sheffield is an international leader in teaching and research and you are assured of a warm welcome and an excellent education. Science International Scholarships 2010 The University of Sheffield We are pleased to offer Science International Scholarships to all international undergraduate students commencing
Undergraduate Engineering International Scholarships 2010, University of Sheffield, UK
The University of Sheffield Engineering International Scholarships 2010 We are pleased to offer Engineering International Scholarships to all international undergraduate students commencing their studies in the Faculty of Engineering in September 2010. The scholarships are worth £2,000 per year each. Eligibility and Award Criteria: You must hold an offer of a study place and
History MA Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
The Department of History is pleased to offer two £9,000 scholarships for students starting our History MA programmes in September 2017. Award details: each award is worth £9,000 and can be used towards fees and/or living expenses. Eligibility: these awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants who are applying to
Scholarship for International Baccalaureate (IB) Graduates, University of Technology Sydney, Australia
This Scholarship was established by UTS to attract top achieving commencing international students who are completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma qualification from South East Asia, and are enrolling in an undergraduate program at UTS in Sydney. Please read the Conditions of Award for full details of the Scholarship. Who is eligible? To
International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship, University of Sheffield, UK
We are delighted to offer 100 International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarships in 2019. Each scholarship is a competitive award worth 25% of the original tuition fee for a postgraduate taught programme starting in September 2019. The scholarships are available to all new international (non-EU) students who meet the eligibility criteria. Key
International Baccalaureate Scholarship, University of Reading, UK
To apply for this Scholarship you must hold the offer of a place at the University of Reading. You will receive the scholarship only if you hold Reading as your Firm choice. you must send a nomination letter from the school/college (at which you are studying for the International Baccalaureate)
Advanced Placement Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
We offer three scholarships for those students taking Advanced Placement tests. Each scholarship is worth 50% of the annual undergraduate tuition fee. Eligibility and award criteria Applicants must have taken or be planning to take a minimum of three Advanced Placement tests (AP). Applicants must have applied for and been offered
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.