The International Master in Security, Intelligence and Strategic Studies (IMSISS) is a 24 month Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) awarded by a consortium of three European universities – University of Glasgow (UK); Dublin City University (Ireland); and Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic).
Students on this degree programme will examine a broad range of contemporary security challenges, such as terrorism, civil war and conflict, mass migration, energy supply security, cyber security and new technologies, and transnational and serious organised crime. Students will also explore the intelligence and strategic approaches used by governmental and non-governmental actors to combat these threats.
IMSISS Erasmus Mundus scholarships can be offered to students from any region of the world; however, no more than three with the same nationality will be awarded in the same intake under the same category. The scholarship’s terms depend on the student’s nationality and residence.
The IMSISS Erasmus Mundus scholarship includes:
- a contribution to the student participation costs (tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory participation costs)
- a contribution to student travel and installation costs
- a monthly subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the study programme
If you apply for Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree Scholarship, you should specify your student category (depending on your nationality and residency status during the previous 5 years):
- Programme Country (Programme Country nationals and applicants who have lived in a Programme country for more than 12 months over the last 5 years)
- Partner Country (all other applicants)
For full details please check the Definition of Erasmus Programme and Partner Countries document. You should also carefully read the Nationality, Residency and 12 Month Rule tab to confirm your category.
All applicants planning to apply for a scholarship must submit a Scholarship Application Form with their online programme application.
In the event that your scholarship application is not successful you can still be considered for a place on the programme as a self-funding student (subject to available spaces). If you would like to be considered for this please indicate this on your application form.
We encourage all applicants to submit as early as possible and no later than 25th January 2019, when applications will close.
You should have a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject, such as, but not limited to politics, international relations, history, area and cultural studies, law, sociology, criminology, human geography, computing science, language sciences, global studies, psychology, media studies and journalism, modern languages or business. Other disciplines not listed here will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants with a relevant work experience background in the fields of policing, security, intelligence and risk analysis will also be considered. You can check your country- specific requirements on our country information pages.
If you are unsure whether your degree is suitable, you can email the programme convener to discuss.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
The programme is opened to students from various academic backgrounds and we encourage those who have been in employment for some time to consider applying.
English Language Requirements:
For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic module (not General Training)
- overall score 6.5
- no sub-test less than 6.0
- or equivalent scores in another recognised qualification (see below)
- Common equivalent English language qualifications
All stated English tests are acceptable for admission for both home/EU and international students for this programme:
- ibTOEFL: 90 overall; no sub-test less than Reading: 20 ; Listening: 19; Speaking: 19; Writing: 23
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English): 176 overall; no sub-test less than 169
- PTE Academic (Person Test of English, Academic test): 60 overall; no sub-test less than 59
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English: ISEII at Distinction with Distinction in all sub-tests
For international students, the Home Office has confirmed that the University can choose to use these tests to make its own assessment of English language ability for visa applications to degree level programmes. The University is also able to accept an IELTS test (Academic module) from any of the 1000 IELTS test centres from around the world and we do not require a specific UKVI IELTS test for degree level programmes. We therefore still accept any of the English tests listed for admission to this programme.
The University of Glasgow accepts evidence of the required language level from the English for Academic Study Unit Pre-sessional courses. We also consider other BALEAP accredited pre-sessional courses:
- School of Modern Languages and Cultures: English for Academic Study
- BALEAP guide to accredited courses
What do I do if…
my language qualifications are below the requirements?
The University’s English for Academic Study Unit offers a range of Pre-Sessional Courses to bring you up to entry level. The course is accredited by BALEAP, the UK professional association for academic English teaching; see Links.
my language qualifications are not listed here?
Please contact the Admissions Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit: securityintelligence-erasmusmundus.eu.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Technical PhD Studentship, University of Manchester, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Master in European Business (MEB) Scholarships, ESCP Europe
The Master in European Business (MEB) at ESCP Europe is a full time one-year, two-country programme in management with emphasis on a pragmatic approach to management and international skills. The MEB's structure has a truly international dimension. The MEB includes 2 semesters of studies on two campuses of your choice. The
Master Scholarships in Terrorism and International Security Studies, Universitas Indonesia
Universitas Indonesia has recently established a new Master Degree Programme in Terrorism and Security Studies which will be managed by the Department of International Relations in the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences. Universitas Indonesia aims to play a role in anti-terrorism efforts, at least in two ways. First it
MSc in Strategic Studies, International Relations at Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Please be informed that application for Master of Science in Strategic Studies, International Relations, International Political Economy and Asian Studies Programmes for AY2010/2011 (Admission in Aug 2010) is now open! The online application will be closed on 28 February 2010. We have various Scholarships / Study Awards available to both Singaporeans and
Masters in Strategic Management in the Global Environment International Excellence Scholarship, University of Leeds, UK
Two scholarships of £6000 towards the cost of tuition fees. Who qualifies? Particularly deserving international* applicants wishing to undertake the MSc Strategic Management in the Global Environment in 2017/2018: To be considered for the scholarship you must: Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for the MSc Strategic Management in the Global Environment for
Master Scholarships in Strategic Project Management, Erasmus Mundus, Europe
This Erasmus Mundus course, Masters in Strategic Project Management (European), known as MSPME, is a unique programme in the field of Business Management. It is the only masters programme that takes an international perspective to the strong and growing demand for strategic thinkers who can deliver core business activities and
Master & PhD Scholarships in Agriculture by SEARCA
The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) invites applications for its graduate scholarship (MS and PhD) in agriculture and related fields for Academic Year 2018-2019. Eligibility: The SEARCA Graduate Scholarship is open to nationals of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore,
PhD Studentships, Internet Commerce Security Laboratory, University of Ballarat, Australia
PhD Studentships Internet Commerce Security Laboratory (ICSL) Graduate School of Information Technology & Mathematical Sciences Ballarat, Victoria, Australia The University of Ballarat is offering a unique opportunity for students undertaking PhD studies in the area of Internet Commerce Security to receive up to A$120k over three years. You will work on real problems and
MSc Food & Water Security Scholarships (FWSS), Aberystwyth University, UK
A total of 3 scholarships, each worth £5000 towards tuition fees will be available for full-time students on the MSc Food & Water Security course that commences in September 2011. The scholarships will be awarded for academic excellence (minimum of a UK upper second class honours degree or equivalent, either
Doctoral Scholarships in European Studies, Australian National University
The Australian National University’s Centre for European Studies invites applications for two PhD Scholarships for 2012 commencement. The Australian National University has a distinct national mission that differentiates it from other higher education institutions in the country. It also has unique concentrations of research excellence, which have given it a reputation
Strategic Name Development Naming Scholarship, USA
Develop five (5) new name candidates for a new innovation in the automotive industry. Imagine a completely electric vehicle that you can drive continuously without having to plug in to recharge. The car recharges itself through wind energy generated by two small fans below the headlights that spin while the
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.