The International Masters Scholarship is offered to international students from selected countries who successfully apply for a masters by coursework degree. The scholarship offers a 20% (percent) reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU.
At a glance
- Applicants must be international students who apply for, and receive an offer, or a conditional offer, to commence study at ECU in either 2019, 2020 or 2021.
- The scholarships are only open to:
- prospective students seeking to study an ECU Masters degree by coursework; and
- prospective students seeking to study a Post-Graduate Qualifying Program with Edith Cowan College.
- Current ECU students intending to move to a new course of study after completing their current course (bachelor to masters for example).
- The scholarship is open to citizens of the following countries: Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, East Timor, Ecuador, Estonia, Faeroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Polynesia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Guam, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Laos, Latvia, Lesotho, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, Norway, Palau, Papua New Guinea, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russian Federation, San Marino, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tonga, UK, USA, Vietnam
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting to up to 20% (percent) of their ECU tuition fees for the duration of the ECU component of their study.
- Whilst ECU continues to offer this scholarship, all eligible applicants will be awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants can package with ELICOS.
- This scholarship is open to prospective students.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- be commencing study of your ECU course in 2019, 2020 or 2021;
- not be currently holding a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) for a postgraduate course at ECU issued prior to the start of this scholarship;
- not be in receipt of another scholarship or sponsorship;
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- intend to study a Master by coursework degree; and
- intend to study at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury).
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship the following ongoing conditions apply.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment of 60 credit points each semester or study period, unless otherwise approved by ECU.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot be used for any other student expense.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship cannot be retained if a recipient defers their studies for more than one semester.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so may (in ECU’s absolute discretion) negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
How to apply
How to apply for this scholarship
If we approve your ECU course application you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
You can apply online direct to Edith Cowan College.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer;
- have met the entry requirements for your chosen course;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and Overseas Student Health Cover requested in your Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines for completing any requirements in the Letter of Offer.
The scholarship can be revoked if the dates and deadlines are not met.
For more information
For more information, please visit: www.ecu.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
International Postgraduate Research scholarships at Edith Cowan University are restricted only to those applicants wishing to commencing their studies in either a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master by Research. The ECU-IPRS scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. Four ECU-IPRS scholarships are offered each year for
Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (EIPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
International Postgraduate Research scholarships at Edith Cowan University are restricted only to those applicants wishing to commencing their studies in either a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research. The EIPRS scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. Three EIPRS scholarships are offered each year for tenure at
Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Contribution to University Life, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The ECU Vice-Chancellor's Student Award for Contribution to University Life is awarded by the university to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has made an outstanding contribution to student life at Edith Cowan University in 2010. University students and staff, and representative bodies external
Women’s Services Guild PhD Top-up Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The Women’s Service Guild of Western Australia was established as a voluntary organisation for the purpose of promoting the interests of women in WA. The Guild, after almost one hundred years of service, is no longer in operation but has endowed top-up scholarships to support research
Edith Cowan University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (ECUPRS), Australia
This scholarship is designed to support postgraduate students of exceptional research promise to study full-time at Edith Cowan University in a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research. The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance. Applicants will automatically be considered
FBL Executive Dean’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FBLPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
This scholarship is designed to support Faculty of Business and Law postgraduate students of exceptional research promise to study full-time at Edith Cowan University in a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research. The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance.
Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Engagement, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The ECU Vice-Chancellor's Student Award for Engagement is awarded by the university to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has demonstrated outstanding engagement with external communities and has contributed to the achievement of the university's strategic priorities through engagement activities. University students and staff,
The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award aims to further the education of an eligible female postgraduate student. The award offers a scholarship to meet expenses associated with a doctoral degree or Master by Research. The award will be offered biennially. Amount: $2,000 Frequency: Once only Method: Cheque Applicant information: Certified
Perth Airport Indigenous Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Westralia Airports Corporation (WAC), owner and operator of Perth Airport, will be offering two (2) $5000.00 scholarships in 2010 to 1st year Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking studies at ECU. This follows the signing of a Partnership Agreement between WAC and Nyoongar Elders in
Nedlands (Secondary) Teachers College Memorial Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The Nedlands (Secondary) Teachers College Memorial Award is aimed at supporting a rural/remote secondary teacher in building professional competence through study at ECU at masters level, as the Nedlands (Secondary) Teachers College had a focus on developing the professional competence of secondary teachers, many of whom
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.