We are pleased to offer the International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019 to international (non-EU) students joining the University from selected regions to study a taught masters programme in September 2019.
- The International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019 is worth 10% of your tuition fee
- No additional scholarship application is required, if you meet the eligibility and award criteria below the scholarship will be applied as a tuition fee discount.
- You must accept your offer from the University of Sheffield before 16:00 (UK time) on 14 June 2019 to receive this award.
Eligibility and award criteria
- To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following:
Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica,Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Your taught masters programme must be scheduled to commence at the University of Sheffield in September 2019.
- You must accept your offer for your course before 16:00 (UK time) on 14 June 2019 to receive this award.
- Subject to meeting the eligibility and award criteria the International Postgraduate Taught Sheffield Scholarship
- 2019 will be awarded automatically – no application is required.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any of the following scholarships:- International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship 2019
– NCUK Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship 2019
– NCUK Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019
– The University of Sheffield Southern Africa Student Scholarship Fund 2019
– Santander International Merit Scholarship 2019
– Sir SY Chung Scholarship 2019In the event that you are selected for any of the above scholarships the most valuable award will take precedence.
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with any available scholarships from the Department or Faculty you will be studying in, subject to not becoming a sponsored student*. Please use the funding calculator to find out if any scholarships are available from your Department/Faculty.Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) and Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) courses are ineligible for the International Postgraduate Taught Scholarship 2019.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funded and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must receive study a course studied in full at the University of Sheffield. Masters programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution are not eligible for a scholarship.
- All Crossways courses and Erasmus Mundus courses are ineligible for an automatic scholarship.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any funding (full or partial) from an external sponsor**, excluding a loan, which has to be paid back in full.
- The scholarship is for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarship
- Part-time students will receive the full-time equivalent of the scholarship split pro-rata over the duration of the Masters course, subject to all eligibility and award criteria.
- These scholarships are not applicable to any postgraduate courses where the higher clinical fee is applicable.
- If you are studying a 2-year Masters programme the scholarship will be available in the second year of your studies subject to successful completion of year 1.
- The scholarship is not applicable to any years in industry or study abroad years that are compulsory or optional elements of your course.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred to a future year of entry. If you decide to defer entry to another year you forfeit this award.
- For scholarship purposes all MArch programmes are considered as postgraduate taught programmes so are eligible for this scholarship.
* A sponsored student is defined as being an individual in receipt of a total sum of funds from either the University or an external organisation** that matches or exceeds the original tuition fee required by the University.
** Government or governmental organisation – international, national or regional; research council; charity; private enterprise; or any similar organisation.
For more information, please visit: www.sheffield.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Postgraduate Scholarships, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
UK - Sheffield Hallam University Award name: Sheffield Hallam University Vice-Chancellor’s ASEAN Scholarship To celebrate the official launch of the Sheffield Hallam University South East Asia regional office in Kuala Lumpur in March 2009, one full tuition-fee scholarship is available to an applicant from South East Asia for a 2009/10 postgraduate course. All
International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship, University of Sheffield, UK
We are delighted to offer 100 International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarships in 2019. Each scholarship is a competitive award worth 25% of the original tuition fee for a postgraduate taught programme starting in September 2019. The scholarships are available to all new international (non-EU) students who meet the eligibility criteria. Key
EF Education, Kaplan and Study Group Scholarships, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
International applicants from EF Education, Kaplan and Study Group for the 2012/13 academic year may apply for a Sheffield Hallam University scholarship worth £1000. To mark the partnership between our institutions, Sheffield Hallam University is offering a scholarship of £1000 to one student from each of the three colleges who begins
International Achievement Scholarships, Sheffield Hallam University, UK
Our International Achievement Scholarships programme is open to students from any non-EU country applying to study at Sheffield Hallam University who will be enrolling in 2012/13 academic year. All full-time undergraduate and postgraduate taught courses are taking part in the programme. The scholarships will be awarded to well-qualified students who demonstrate
History MA Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
The Department of History is pleased to offer two £9,000 scholarships for students starting our History MA programmes in September 2017. Award details: each award is worth £9,000 and can be used towards fees and/or living expenses. Eligibility: these awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants who are applying to
University Prize Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
Each year the University offers a small number of University Prize Scholarships to the very best PhD applicants. If you're among the brightest and best in your field, we want to hear from you. These scholarships are open to applicants in all subjects. You can read about some of our current
Scholarships for Students from Indonesia, University of Sheffield, UK
Scholarships for students from Indonesia The University is pleased to offer a range of scholarships to students from Indonesia who show exceptional academic potential and are starting their studies at the University of Sheffield in September 2010. Undergraduate Scholarships eg BA, BSc, BEng, MEng Faculty Undergraduate Scholarships We are pleased to offer scholarships to
Undergraduate Science International Scholarships 2010, University of Sheffield, UK
Science International Scholarships 2010 The University of Sheffield The University of Sheffield is an international leader in teaching and research and you are assured of a warm welcome and an excellent education. Science International Scholarships 2010 The University of Sheffield We are pleased to offer Science International Scholarships to all international undergraduate students commencing
Undergraduate Engineering International Scholarships 2010, University of Sheffield, UK
The University of Sheffield Engineering International Scholarships 2010 We are pleased to offer Engineering International Scholarships to all international undergraduate students commencing their studies in the Faculty of Engineering in September 2010. The scholarships are worth £2,000 per year each. Eligibility and Award Criteria: You must hold an offer of a study place and
Harry Worthington Scholarships, University of Sheffield, UK
Two Harry Worthington Scholarships are available to applicants wishing to undertake doctoral study in any Faculty of the University for entry in 2014-15. These scholarships were founded under the will of Miss Doreen Worthington in memory of her father Harry, a local steel manufacturer, and are awarded to two outstanding
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.