The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship is offered to international students who can demonstrate high levels of academic achievement in their previous studies. The scholarship offers a 20% reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU. The scholarships are open to future international students seeking to study an ECU bachelor degree.
At a glance
- You must be an international student applicant who applies for, and receives an offer, or a conditional offer to commence studies at ECU in either semester 1, 2018 or semester 2, 2018.
- ECU strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. High achieving students that are citizens of Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nepal Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Reunion, Russia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, UK, USA, Vietnam, Zambia, and Zimbabwe are eligible for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients will receive financial assistance amounting to up to 20% of tuition fees for the duration of an ECU bachelor degree.
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- meet a high level of academic achievement in the previous studies (as determined by ECU);
- be commencing study at ECU in semester 1, 2018 or semester 2, 2018;
- meet ECU’s academic direct entry requirements for the course of your choice;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- be an International student, not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen;
- intend to study an undergraduate degree; and
- be studying at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley, or ECU South West (Bunbury).
Terms and conditions
To receive this scholarship the following ongoing conditions apply.
- The scholarship recipient may be ineligible for a scholarship if they are in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship during the term of the scholarship. This is at the discretion of ECU.
- The scholarship recipient must comply with any applicable visa requirements.
- The scholarship recipient must be continuously enrolled in their original course of application and be in continuous good standing academically and financially to maintain their scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient must maintain a full time enrolment of 60 credit points each semester or study period, unless otherwise approved by ECU.
- Course transfers are not permitted without ECU’s permission (permission may be withheld by ECU in its absolute discretion).
- The scholarship funds can only be used for tuition fees and cannot note use for any other student expense.
- The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified.
- The scholarship can only be retained if a recipient defers their studies for a maximum of one semester.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to an ECU campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university.
- The scholarship recipient must consent to their image being used by ECU for marketing and communication purposes and sign a talent release form to facilitate this.
- The scholarship recipient must pay their tuition fees within the stipulated payment deadlines, failure to do so will negate the scholarship and the tuition fee structure will revert to full-fee international tuition.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of ECU. ECU reserves the right to revoke the scholarship at any stage if a student is found to have provided information that is misleading, does not meet the scholarship eligibility criteria (including ECU’s standard and specific admission requirements), or does not comply with the ongoing conditions of the scholarship. ECU reserves the right to decline to award scholarships if, in its opinion, there are no suitable applicants. The number of scholarships to be awarded shall be at the sole discretion of ECU.
How to apply
Students are invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Education Agents.
Students can also apply online on the ECU Online Application Portal.
All qualifying applications to ECU are automatically assessed for the International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required.
The ECU Admissions Office will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer;
- have met entry requirements relevant to their chosen course of study;
- accept their Letter of Offer as per the instructions provided;
- pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer; and
- be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed.
The scholarship can be revoked if the recipient does not meet the dates and deadlines stipulated.
Opening date: 8-09-2017
Closing date: 30-07-2018
For more information
For more information, please visit: www.ecu.edu.au.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Fully Funded Art Major Asian Scholarships, Korea National University of Arts, South Korea
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
International Postgraduate Research Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
International Postgraduate Research scholarships at Edith Cowan University are restricted only to those applicants wishing to commencing their studies in either a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master by Research. The ECU-IPRS scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. Four ECU-IPRS scholarships are offered each year for
Women’s Services Guild PhD Top-up Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The Women’s Service Guild of Western Australia was established as a voluntary organisation for the purpose of promoting the interests of women in WA. The Guild, after almost one hundred years of service, is no longer in operation but has endowed top-up scholarships to support research
Endeavour International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (EIPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
International Postgraduate Research scholarships at Edith Cowan University are restricted only to those applicants wishing to commencing their studies in either a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research. The EIPRS scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. Three EIPRS scholarships are offered each year for tenure at
Edith Cowan University Postgraduate Research Scholarship (ECUPRS), Australia
This scholarship is designed to support postgraduate students of exceptional research promise to study full-time at Edith Cowan University in a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research. The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance. Applicants will automatically be considered
Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Contribution to University Life, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The ECU Vice-Chancellor's Student Award for Contribution to University Life is awarded by the university to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has made an outstanding contribution to student life at Edith Cowan University in 2010. University students and staff, and representative bodies external
FBL Executive Dean’s Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FBLPRS), Edith Cowan University, Australia
This scholarship is designed to support Faculty of Business and Law postgraduate students of exceptional research promise to study full-time at Edith Cowan University in a Doctoral degree (PhD) or Master by Research. The scholarship is offered on the basis of academic merit and research performance.
The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The Karrakatta Club Dame Mary Gilmore Award aims to further the education of an eligible female postgraduate student. The award offers a scholarship to meet expenses associated with a doctoral degree or Master by Research. The award will be offered biennially. Amount: $2,000 Frequency: Once only Method: Cheque Applicant information: Certified
Vice-Chancellor’s Student Award for Engagement, Edith Cowan University, Australia
The ECU Vice-Chancellor's Student Award for Engagement is awarded by the university to recognise a nominated student or student team, who has demonstrated outstanding engagement with external communities and has contributed to the achievement of the university's strategic priorities through engagement activities. University students and staff,
Perth Airport Indigenous Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Westralia Airports Corporation (WAC), owner and operator of Perth Airport, will be offering two (2) $5000.00 scholarships in 2010 to 1st year Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking studies at ECU. This follows the signing of a Partnership Agreement between WAC and Nyoongar Elders in
Mrs Mac’s Rural Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia
Applications are invited from eligible ECU students to apply for the Mrs Mac's Rural Scholarship in 2010. These scholarships were established to assist ECU students normally living in rural Western Australia who are required to live away from home during their studies each semester. Amount: $1000 Frequency: Once
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.