KGSP Application (University Quota)
- Period: January 28(Mon) ~ March 15(Fri)
- Contact: Mr. Youngguk Cho (The section manager of the office of Graduate School) TEL +82-53-850-5035, FAX+82-53-850-5039, E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address : The Office of Graduate School, Daegu University, Jillyang, Gyeongsan, Gyeongbuk 712-714 South Korea
Dormitory Exclusively for Graduate Students
Daegu University offers rooms in the International House exclusively for graduate students in order to enhance their academic achievement and research. All Global Korea Scholarship students may elect to stay in the International House. Currently there are 60 graduate students staying in 30 rooms. Each room is equipped with a washing machine, a refrigerator, a TV and a balcony. There are 15 restaurants available on campus so it is easy for students to find food that suits their taste.
Additional Information (Support for GKS Students)
Daegu University provides it’s full cooperation to the offices charged with offering services for Global Korea Scholarship Students. Through the International Education Support Team and the International Student Services in the Office of International Affairs, Daegu University provides full support to Global Korea Scholarship students including academic counselling, dormitory management, immigration services, life counselling and a variety of other administrative support. As a result, Global Korea Scholarship Students feel less culture shock and are able to enjoy their study abroad experience at Daegu University. Moreover, in the Office of International Affairs and the Graduate School Administration, office members and assistants who can speak English, Chinese, Mongolian, Vietnamese and other languages have been staffed to help students communicate and ensure that they are content in their daily lives.
- Daily living Support: We keep students informed about important information regarding scholarships and their lives in Korea through email and our website. We support students to ease their life and study at Daegu University.
- Academic Counselling : At the completion of their Korean Language program and their entrance to the Graduate School, students are provided with counselling by their advisers and assistants from their department. Daegu University does its best to minimize difficulties students face when it comes to living and studying.
Scholarship and Welfare Support
- Free dormitory accommodation (double occupancy) : Dormitory exclusively for international students (Hotel-like)
- Free modern sports center (golf, swimming, health club, movies etc.)
- In addition to the Global Korea Scholarship, Daegu University offers extra scholarships. Based on students’ academic achievement, the scholarship is offered as follows
- Level A: Published in international academic journals – maximum of 1.5 million won
- Level B: Published in journals evaluated and registered by the National Research Foundation of Korea or awarded international exhibitions – maximum of 700 thousand won
- Level C: A candidate for publication in journals evaluated and registered by the National Research Foundation of Korea or the recipient of an award from a national contest -maximum of 500 thousand won
- Level D: Published in international or national general journals – maximum of 300 thousand won
- Level E: Presenting at international or national academic conferences – maximum of 200 thousand won
Assistance Adapting to Life in Korea and Korean Cultural Experience Programs
- Academic orientation for new students
- A number of cultural experience programs for Global Korea Scholarship. Students such as exploring cultural sites, visiting staff members’ homes, visiting secondary schools to promote their own countries, a Dokdo speech contests, a Korean speech contests, a university festival, a food festival. As a result of partaking in the programs, students can understand Korean culture better and more easily adapt to their daily lives in korea. Time: 1 or 2 weeks during the summer or winter vacation. During the semester, during the same period as the cultural tour programs
- Korean (or international scholarship student) mentor selection : Daegu University professors, staff or students who are culturally sensitive may be selected as mentors for international students. Any international student who is interested can have a mentor assigned.
- Counselling training for mentors : To better understand international students and to give them a helpful hand, Daegu University offers mentors counselling skills training with help from the Daegu University Student Life Counselling Center. Mentors are periodically offered training to be better mentors (mentors are given incentives.)
Other management and support programs
Daegu University runs a variety of events for international students such as a buddy program, sports meetings for international students, International Students’ Night and regular social gatherings.
Academic support for graduate programs
- Before entering graduate programs students are offered personalized support through interviews with advisers to evaluate their linguistic abilities and preparation for study.
- At the beginning of each semester we provide guidance for students’ academic pursuits and thesis preparation to ensure a smooth graduation process.
Important notes for applicants
When using Korean domestic mail service, the application materials should be post marked by 17:00 on the day of the application deadline (documents must be sent using express registered mail). For international mail, documents should arrive before the deadline.
Please be aware of the following before submitting your application documents:
- All documents for submission must be originals. All documents not written in English or Korean, must be translated and notarized. A copy of the applicant‘s diploma certified by the university he/she graduated from may be submitted in place of the original.
- In addition to the documents required by the NIIED, a certificate showing the relationship between the applicant and his/her parents should be included (this should include information about the nationalities of the parents)
Address: Daegu University Graduate School, Jillyang, Gyeongsan, Gyeongbuk 712-714
For more information on scholarships, please read: Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Graduate Students
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kyungpook National University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: February 1, 2013 ~ March 22, 2013 Contact: Office of International Affairs Phone: 053-950-6092 / FAX: 053/950-6093 / E-mail: email@example.com Dormitory Fee : Approximately 300,000Won/Month All successful applicants will be given a chance to live in the dormitory. Facilities Room type : 2-bed room, 3-bed room Serving 3 meals a day Website : dorm.knu.ac.kr E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org About
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Keimyung University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: February 1 ~ March 22, 2013 Contact KGSP Program Coordinator: Youngwook Woo (Ms) Address: Administration Office of Graduate School Keimyung University 1095 Dalgubeoldaero Daegu 704-701, KOREA Tel. 82-53-580-6254 Fax. 82-53-580-6255 E-Mail : email@example.com On-Campus Residence Halls Priority to enter on-campus residence halls are given to international students and the university provides 50% discount of management fee
KGSP Graduate Scholarships – Korea University
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Feb.1,2013~March 8, 2013 Contact: Graduate School : firstname.lastname@example.org (tel:+822-3290-1356~8) Graduate School of International Studies : email@example.com (tel:+822-3290-1394) Important Notes We have two campuses in Seoul(Anam Campus) and Jochiwon(Sejong Campus). There are four colleges in Sejong Campus. All classes by Sejong Campus are conducted in Jochiwon. Korea University Address: 145 Anamro, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 136-701 (Room
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Myongji University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Feb. 18, 2013 ~ Mar. 29, 2013 Contact: Phone. +82-31-330-6734 / e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org graduate school office, Hyunjin Kim Campus Guide & Important Notes Offer academic assistance through buddy system Preference over dormitory to the KGSP students University scholarship corresponding the dormitory fee Regular consulting through on-line Applicants for the College of Art and Physical
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Sun Moon University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Application : Feb. 1, 2013 ~ Mar. 31, 2013 Contact: office of the Graduate Schools(main building 409) TEL)041-530-2602~2606 FAX)041-530-2968 Important Notes Additional points will be given to those with TOPIK(Test of Proficiency in Korean), TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS. In cases where the overall scores are the same, an applicants for engineering departments
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Jeju National University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Feburary 1, 2013 ~ March 20, 2013 Contact: Song, Ji-Yon(Center for International Affairs) +86 64 754-2198, email@example.com Campus Guide & Important Notes Dormitory cost (two people per room, one semester) : 1,600,000 won (Breakfast and dinner included per day) An exclusive cooking facility for the use of foreign students Jeju National University Address
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kongju National University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period : March 19, 2013 Contact Office of International Affairs Contact Person : Yousoon Lee (Ms.) Office : OIA Tel : +82-41-850-8054 Fax : +82-41-850-8058 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Web site : http://oia.kongju.ac.kr/ Kongju National University Address: 56 Gongjudaehak-ro, Gongju-si, Chungcheongnam-do, 314-701 Website: http://www.kongju.ac.kr For more information on scholarships, please read: Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Graduate Students
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Hannam University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: January 21, 2013~March 15, 2013 Contact: Bobae Oh, Center for International Relations 042-629-7739 / email@example.com Notes Applications should be mailed to the Center for International Relations by 17:00, Friday, March 15, 2013 Applications could be cancelled with insufficient documents. Interview will be held by telephone or Skype. Please contact the Center for International
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kangwon National University, Korea
KGSP Application Period: 1 Feb 2013 ~ 29 Mar 2013 Campus Guide & Important Notes Dormitory KNU offers an international student dormitory (The students can cook directly because the dormitory has cooking facilities) School location Chuncheon (Kangwon National University) is located in the eastern side of Seoul and it takes about one hour from Seoul by
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, University of Seoul, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Application Period 2013.1.16(Wed) ~ 2.22(Fri) at 4.00 P.M. Documents Screening & Interview Date : Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 Venue : Designated by each department Process : Proficiency of Korean and English in each department The interview may be executed on the phone only if the applicants are not currently in Korea. Interview 2013.3.12(Tue)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.