KGSP Application (University Quota)
Period: FEB 4. 2013 ~ MAR 30. 2013
Contact: Phone : +82-63-220-2122 / E-mail : email@example.com
[International Education & Exchange Person in charge : Park Jong Seung]
Benefits for KGSP Scholarship Students
- Priority in choosing a hotel-style dormitory room (2 students per room)
- Support for 50% dormitory charge (2 students per room or 4 students per room)
- Support for supplementary Korean language training(Free lessons)
- In case the government-provided support does not cover the full tuition, our university will provide the additional funds to pay your tuition
- Support for participating in graduate school research projects
- Support for attending Korean cultural events (free admission)
- Option of signing up for a meal plan in the cafeteria
- Free Taekwondo lessons if the class is open
- Exemption from fees related to the graduate school admissions process
- Establishment of a website devoted to GKS graduate students in order to improve communications
- Cooking facilities inside the dormitory (in a common area) and designation of a special area inside the dormitory for different cultures
- Support for 50% Fitness Center fee when GKS graduate students want to use the facilities.
Benefits & Support for Academic Study
- 1:1 Mentor Relationship with a professor as well as educational support
- Tutoring Program: KGSP students are paired 1:1 with a Korean student, and they will also receive help and guidance regarding their daily lives in Korea
- Improvement of one’s English language skills through lectures conducted fully in English
- Counseling & advice for KGSP graduate students: Counseling regarding academic affairs, student life, future plans, etc.
- Support from a research assistant appointed to help you register for classes and write your thesis
- Opportunity to meet with and get advice from the School President and Head of the Graduate School on a regular basis.
- Hotel-style dormitory
- Modern lecture halls
- Fitness center and various outdoor sports facilities
Support for employment
- Priority in assistance with participation in the link between the Jeonbuk Regional Small & Medium Business Administration and the Organization for Supporting Exports
- Priority in assistance with job support after graduating from Jeonju University Graduate School,
- Preferential support for employment in Korean companies in one’s own home country for KGSP graduates
KGSP Graduate Student & Support
- Support for safety and security from a staff member appointed to help
- Security through an emergency network for KGSP Graduate students
- Support for medical examinations and treatment at the student health services center
- Staff assigned in case of accidents or any health-related incidents
International Day for International Students
- Jeonju University has an International Day for international students during JJ Superstar Festival. Students from different countries run a PR booth for their culture and they can enjoy the festival as well as communicate with Korean students.
- International students can have a ‘Get-Together’ with students from their countries and have a fun sharing their own traditional foods and snacks. Through this activity, participants take on the role of ambassador and introduce their native culture to Jeonju University campus.
Korean Paper Handicrafts
Jeonju is famous for its handicrafts with Korean traditional paper. Jeonju University runs a Korean Handicraft Exhibition Hall downtown. Among many different handicrafts International students can learn how to make Korean papers and experience lots of handicrafts made of Korean papers from real professionals in English.
Korean Traditional Culture Academy cooperated with Jeonju City
- Jeonju University in association with Jeonju City run this program for international students of the University. It aims to foster positive interaction the Korean and international ethnic communities and create a constructive partnership through a process of first-hand experience of Korean traditional Culture.
- Jeonju University offers 2 credits to participants of this program and it takes 4 days (32 hours) to complete. Jeonju City gives Certificates for completion of this program. Through this program, international students can go field trips, and experience very vivid and real Korean culture.
- Jeonju University has offered this program to more than 1,000 foreign teachers and students including the teachers who came to Korean through EPIK program organized by National Institute for International Education (NIIED) of the Korean Government.
Counseling Program for International Students
- University Counseling Center: psychological test and individual advice
- Special lectures for international students: understanding the university and the culture
- Mentor and Mentee program for international students
- 1:1 Buddy Program for International students
Guide to the Hotel-Style Dormitory
- 18 above-ground floors, 2 basement-level floors, 997-occupancy, ultra-modern hotel-style dormitory. Newly built in 2009. In each room, there is a bathroom, shower facilities, bed, storage closet, wireless LAN, individual heating and air-conditioning units, etc. There are laundry facilities as well as a convenience store, café, restaurant (with a VIP Lounge), etc. Top security measures include card-key entry on each floor.
- Currently, we are building a special counseling room for foreign students in the dormitory (English, Chinese) Also, we are finishing up completing separate special cooking facilities for students. (electric range and other cooking facilities)
- Each dormitory has the following: seminar room, outdoor area, study room, prayer room, language study room, music room, lounge, various fitness facilities. Special programs are provided in the seminar rooms for dormitory students, and free movies and various performances occur in the outdoor arenas.
- All documents submitted should be originals.
- The department and major cannot be changed after applying.
- The university is not responsible for possible disadvantage from lack of required documents or imperfect papers. If the applicant fails to submit any important documents which can affect the result, he/she will be eliminated without further notice.
- If any of the submitted materials contain false information, admission may be rescinded.
- Applicants shall be responsible for any disadvantage (including the announcement of admissions decision) caused by failure to submitting required documents, erros or omissions in the documents, failure to following the requirements indicated in the admission guide, wrong address, being out of contact, failure to check the successful applicants, failure to execute procedures necessary to enter the country, etc.
- Matters that are not included in this guide will be dealt with the admission procedures and regulations of the university.
Address: 303 Chonjam-ro, Wansan-gu, Jeonju 560-759, Jeonbuk, Republic of Korea
For more information on scholarships, please read: Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Graduate Students
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
KGSP Graduate Scholarships – Korea University
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Feb.1,2013~March 8, 2013 Contact: Graduate School : firstname.lastname@example.org (tel:+822-3290-1356~8) Graduate School of International Studies : email@example.com (tel:+822-3290-1394) Important Notes We have two campuses in Seoul(Anam Campus) and Jochiwon(Sejong Campus). There are four colleges in Sejong Campus. All classes by Sejong Campus are conducted in Jochiwon. Korea University Address: 145 Anamro, Seongbuk-gu, Seoul 136-701 (Room
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Myongji University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Feb. 18, 2013 ~ Mar. 29, 2013 Contact: Phone. +82-31-330-6734 / e-mail. firstname.lastname@example.org graduate school office, Hyunjin Kim Campus Guide & Important Notes Offer academic assistance through buddy system Preference over dormitory to the KGSP students University scholarship corresponding the dormitory fee Regular consulting through on-line Applicants for the College of Art and Physical
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Sun Moon University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Application : Feb. 1, 2013 ~ Mar. 31, 2013 Contact: office of the Graduate Schools(main building 409) TEL)041-530-2602~2606 FAX)041-530-2968 Important Notes Additional points will be given to those with TOPIK(Test of Proficiency in Korean), TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS. In cases where the overall scores are the same, an applicants for engineering departments
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Jeju National University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Feburary 1, 2013 ~ March 20, 2013 Contact: Song, Ji-Yon(Center for International Affairs) +86 64 754-2198, email@example.com Campus Guide & Important Notes Dormitory cost (two people per room, one semester) : 1,600,000 won (Breakfast and dinner included per day) An exclusive cooking facility for the use of foreign students Jeju National University Address
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Chonbuk National University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: February 1st(Fri) ~ March 29th(Fri), 2013 Contact: YeonJeong Grace Kim (International Affairs Office) Tel : +82-(0)63-270-4382 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org Campus Guide & Important Notes Residence Hall (Dormitory) Fee: Approximately 240,000 Won/Month Applying for Residence Hall. An applicant who wishes to live in the Residence Hall must check on the Application Form. Facilities Two persons
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kongju National University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period : March 19, 2013 Contact Office of International Affairs Contact Person : Yousoon Lee (Ms.) Office : OIA Tel : +82-41-850-8054 Fax : +82-41-850-8058 E-mail : email@example.com Web site : http://oia.kongju.ac.kr/ Kongju National University Address: 56 Gongjudaehak-ro, Gongju-si, Chungcheongnam-do, 314-701 Website: http://www.kongju.ac.kr For more information on scholarships, please read: Korean Government Scholarship Program (KGSP) for International Graduate Students
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Hannam University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: January 21, 2013~March 15, 2013 Contact: Bobae Oh, Center for International Relations 042-629-7739 / firstname.lastname@example.org Notes Applications should be mailed to the Center for International Relations by 17:00, Friday, March 15, 2013 Applications could be cancelled with insufficient documents. Interview will be held by telephone or Skype. Please contact the Center for International
The Feeling Korea, Chonbuk National University, South Korea
Chonbuk National University is one of the best national universities in education, research and internationalization fields. Jeonju, the city in which Chonbuk National University is located, is the most Korean style city with history of 1,200 years. The biggest traditional Korean village is located in Jeonju, where Jeonju’s famous delicacies
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Kangwon National University, Korea
KGSP Application Period: 1 Feb 2013 ~ 29 Mar 2013 Campus Guide & Important Notes Dormitory KNU offers an international student dormitory (The students can cook directly because the dormitory has cooking facilities) School location Chuncheon (Kangwon National University) is located in the eastern side of Seoul and it takes about one hour from Seoul by
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, University of Seoul, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Application Period 2013.1.16(Wed) ~ 2.22(Fri) at 4.00 P.M. Documents Screening & Interview Date : Tuesday, March 12th, 2013 Venue : Designated by each department Process : Proficiency of Korean and English in each department The interview may be executed on the phone only if the applicants are not currently in Korea. Interview 2013.3.12(Tue)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.