For university or college students of film, film production, or cinematography at the undergraduate or graduate levels in a degree or diploma program. Nominations must be made by the school department or program official.
Prizes Awarded in this Worldwide Program (awarded in US or local dollar equivalent)
Excellence in the Craft of Filmmaking Category:
- Gold: $1,500 Scholarship Tuition Award and $5,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
- Silver: $1,000 Scholarship Tuition Award and $4,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
- Bronze: $500 Scholarship Tuition Award and $3,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
- Honorable Mentions: Two $2,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grants
A Blue Ribbon Jury will evaluate all submitted work and make all final selections. The jury will consist of one individual from Kodak and one from the University Film & Video Association (UFVA), plus a representative from the filmmaking industry. Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of academic achievement, creative and technical ability, communications ability, and range of filmmaking experience. Visual Imagery will count 50%, creative and other technical skills 25%, and the other criteria 25%.
Conditions of Entry
- Entries must be completed works that communicate a story or theme in some fashion — no clips or short vignettes.
- Eligible institutions are colleges and universities in the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Belize, Benelux, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Germany, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Italy, Jamaica, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Spain, Surinam, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay and Venezuela.
- No more than two nominees per institution.
- College student nominees must be fulltime undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the 2010 – 2011 academic year and planning to enroll for the 2011 – 2012 academic year in a film school’s degree or diploma program.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- The names of the winners may be published on the website at www.kodak.com/go/motion. Winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general location for publicity and news purposes in connection with the Scholarship Program.
- The winner’s film entry will be screened at the annual UFVA Conference.
DEADLINE & AWARD DATES
Nomination Deadline: Entries must be postmarked by June 13, 2011.
Award Announcement: August 2011
Scholarship Tuition Award Available: September 2011
RETURN APPLICATION FORM & MATERIALS TO:
KODAK Scholarship Program
343 State Street
Rochester, NY 14650-0315
For more information, please visit www.kodak.com/go/scholarships
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Cinematography Scholarships, Griffith University, Australia
The ABC John Bean ACS Memorial Scholarship for Cinematography, established in 2012, recognise and honours the talent of the late John Bean ACS, an alumnus of Griffith Film School (GFS). The biennial scholarship encourages excellence in cinematography and supports the ongoing study of a talented student in the field of cinematography,
PhD Studentships in Film and Media, Bradford Media School, University of Bradford, UK
As part of continued investment in research, Bradford Media School (BMS) at the University of Bradford is offering two fully funded PhD studentships. City of Film Studentship: This studentship is linked to Bradford`s recent UNESCO City of Film award. The `City of Film` studentship can cover any aspect of the relationship between
MI 35th Anniversary Film Program Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA
The MI 35th Anniversary Film Program Scholarship will be awarded in Fall 2013 to a student (US or non-US citizen) newly enrolling in the Musicians Institute Film Program who clearly articulates their career goals within the film and/or television industry and demonstrates verifiable financial need. The scholarship is applicable for students
Project MARS International Art and Film Contest, NASA – USA
NASA is leading the next steps of human space exploration in the vicinity of the Moon and on toward Mars. When astronauts venture to Mars, what will they see? How will they feel? What will they experience? What will they do? Project Mars invites college students and early career professionals
Beasiswa Digital Film Making – SAE Institute Jakarta
Europe on Screen (EoS) adalah sebuah Festival Film Eropa di Indonesia. Tahun ini, EoS akan diselenggarakan pada tanggal 3 – 12 Mei 2013. Selain pemutaran film-film yang diproduksi oleh berbagai negara Eropa, festival ini juga menyelenggarakan sebuah Kompetisi Film Pendek untuk para pembuat film pendek Indonesia. Pemenang kompetisi tahun ini akan menerima
History of Art and Film Master Scholarships, University of Leicester, UK
The Department of the History of Art and Film is pleased to offer two part-fee bursaries for September 2013 entry to one of its two campus based Masters degree programmes. The bursaries are open to new UK/EU and international applicants. The bursaries are worth £1,000 for UK/EU applicants and £2,000 for
Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships in Film, Visual & Performing Arts, University of Kent, UK
Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation Postgraduate Scholarships in Film, Visual & Performing Arts 2011/12 The School of Arts at the University of Kent, with the support of the Jackie Chan Charitable Foundation, has a scholarship available for the 2010/11 academic year, for a Hong Kong resident graduate studying any of our taught Film
Vancouver Film School Scholarships, Canada
We’ve got more than $500,000 in scholarships to give away to Canada’s most creative and aspiring talents. We offer industry-leading programs in animation, film production, VFX, programming, makeup, acting, screenwriting, motion, interactive, and game design. You could be our next scholarship student. Scholarship Details Scholarships are available in amounts between $500 and $10,000
Full PhD Scholarship in Film Studies, University of St Andrews, UK
Department of Film Studies School of Philosophical, Anthropological and Film Studies FULL PHD STUDENTSHIP - SEPT 2011. In May 2011 we will award one full studentship to an exceptional candidate, to enable them to pursue Film Studies at St Andrews from September 2011. The award will support three full years of Ph.D.
St Cross Worldwide Scholarships, St Cross College, University of Oxford, UK
St Cross College is pleased to offer 6 Worldwide Scholarships for the academic year 2019-2020 for applicants who are normally resident in one of the six continents (Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, South America and Oceania) with one Scholarship being awarded per gathered field of applicants from that continent. Each Worldwide
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.