The selection of candidates will take place once a year, in time for the start of the academic year in August. Up to 5 new Scholarships will be given each year. Not all Scholarships will be awarded unless there are candidates of sufficient merit.
The Scholarships are open to students of all nationalities who gain admission to any Ph.D. programme at the University. In keeping with the donor’s wishes, the Scholarships will be awarded to well-rounded individuals showing exceptional promise who have an appropriate balance of intellect and character. Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of demonstrated academic excellence, leadership and a commitment to service.
- A monthly stipend of S$3,300;
- Tuition, examination fees and other approved fees at NUS;
- An annual book allowance of S$500;
- A one-off air travel allowance of 2 return tickets of up to S$4,000 (only for overseas students subject to a maximum of S$2,000 per ticket); and
- A one-off laptop allowance of S$1,500.
The award is tenable for 1 year in the first instance; but subject to the scholar’s satisfactory progress, it may be renewed annually. The maximum period of award is 4 years.
Incoming Ph.D. candidates will have to indicate their interest in the Scholarship via the NUS Graduate Research Programme Application System.
Apart from the other supporting documents required for Ph.D. admission, candidates interested in the Scholarship must also submit a personal essay and a record of co-curricular activities or community service. Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview either in Singapore or their home country.
Application deadline: 15 November
Notification of Award
Successful candidates will be informed of the outcome of their applications sometime in April.
Terms and Conditions
Successful applicants will be required to sign a letter of undertaking agreeing to observe the terms and conditions for the award of the Scholarship. A copy of the current terms and conditions can be accessed here.
Change in Policy
The above information is subject to change at any time. For current information on the Scholarship, please contact the graduate division of the relevant Faculty or School.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
Asian Graduate Student Fellowships, Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore
The Asia Research Institute of NUS invites applications from citizens of Asian countries enrolled for a fulltime advanced degree at a university in an Asian country (except Singapore) for consideration for the award of Asian Graduate Student Fellowships. These fellowships are offered to current graduate students doing their Master’s or
NUS MBA Awards – National University of Singapore
Over S$1 million worth of NUS MBA Study Awards will be awarded to deserving full-time candidates of all nationalities and part-time Singaporean candidates who showcase well-rounded, exceptional and promising profiles. Scholarships will be given based on background, performance during the application process and overall leadership potential of the candidates. Dean's Award:
Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship for Undergraduate Students, Singapore
The Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship is a private sector scholarship administered by the Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS). Each year, 3 to 4 scholarships are awarded to outstanding individuals from 15 Asia Pacific economies (Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, PRC, Taiwan, Vietnam,
APEC Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
This scholarship is open to nationals of the following APEC member economies to pursue a full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme at NTU: Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia,
The Singapore-MIT Alliance (SMA) for Research and Technology Graduate Fellowships 2010, Singapore
The Singapore Ministry of Education has established 100 four-year fellowships for new doctoral students at NTU or NUS who will conduct their research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology Centre (SMART Centre). The establishment of this Fellowship Programme is intended to attract to NTU and NUS the best and
NGS Scholarship (NGSS), National University of Singapore
The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research. Terms Monthly stipend of S$3,200 up to 4 years of the PhD studies, or up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier. Other allowances include computer allowance book allowance conference allowance. Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
Established in 2009 by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC), the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD programmes in Hong Kong`s institutions. Eligibility Those who are seeking admission as new full time PhD
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), Hong Kong Baptist University
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), established by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) in 2009, aims at attracting the best and brightest students from all over the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong. Funding Applicants for admission to PhD programmes at HKBU via the HKPFS will
Singapore MIT Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship, NTU NUS Singapore
The Ministry of Education has recently launched a prestigious Singapore-MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Alliance (SMA) Graduate Fellowship. These 4-year SMA Graduate Fellowships are available for highly talented doctoral graduate education and research for students from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and National University of Singapore (NUS) who wish to conduct
A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship, NUS Graduate School, Singapore
A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship (PGS) Students in Science, Computing and Engineering are invited to apply for A*STAR Pre-Graduate Scholarship. TERMS A stipend during the pursuit of the Bachelor’s degree programme amounting to: $460 per month in Year 1 and Year 2 $560 per month in Year 3 $760 per month in Year 4; and $760 per month in
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.