The University of Leeds is accepting applications for our Doctoral Scholarships. There are a number of fully funded places for 2018 entry, available across all disciplines. You can apply for the scholarship online
- Engineering: 12 January 2018
- Arts, Humanities and Cultures; Biological Sciences; Environment; Mathematics and Physical Sciences; Medicine and Health: 9 March 2018
- Business; Education, Social Sciences and Law: 1 June 2018
To be eligible you must:
- be a UK/EU or International fee paying applicant
- have achieved at least a First Class (1) Honours degree or equivalent* at undergraduate level
- meet the English language requirements of your programme of study if English is not your first language (UK/EU applicants – prior to or at registration; international applicants – by the relevant scholarship deadline)
- not have already been awarded or be currently studying for a doctoral degree
- not already be in receipt of a doctoral scholarship
- have applied for a research degree and be in receipt of a student ID number
* Candidates with a lower mark in their undergraduate degree will be considered if they have or are expected to receive a Distinction in a Masters programme relevant to their field of research, or if they can demonstrate relevant alternative experience (eg in industry or business, or for a practice-based PhD, in the creative arts).
We welcome scholarship applications from all suitably-qualified candidates, but UK black and minority ethnic (BME) researchers are currently under-represented in our postgraduate research community, and we would therefore particularly encourage applications from UK BME candidates. All scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit.
We have a range of other scholarships which you may be eligible to apply for. Browse our scholarships database for more information
Please note: information relating to scholarships does change from time to time. Whilst the University endeavours to keep this information as up to date as possible, it cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies.
For more information, please visit: www.leeds.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for International Students, University of the West of England, UK
- Fully Funded GCE A Level Scholarships for Indonesian Students, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Fully Funded Art Major Asian Scholarships, Korea National University of Arts, South Korea
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarship for Student from Developing Country, University of Westminster, UK
Head of School Excellence Scholarship, University of Leeds, UK
Who is eligible? Any international applicant who has been offered a place on any of the postgraduate masters courses (except our Advanced Concrete Technology course) within the School of Civil Engineering.How are they awarded? To be selected for this award, students must demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and industrial experience on the application
Leeds International Research Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
Leeds International Research Scholarships are available to high quality international students who will be commencing PhD research study in January 2015.Value of awards: Fees at the international rate and a maintenance of £10,000 per annum.Number of studentships available: Up to 9 available for study in any Faculty at the University
Masters in Marketing Global Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
Up to 30 scholarships of £3000 towards the cost of tuition fees.Who qualifies? Particularly deserving applicants wishing to undertake the following Masters programmes in 2017/2018:MA Advertising and Marketing MSc Consumer Analytics and Marketing Strategy MA Corporate Communications, Marketing and Public Relations MSc International Marketing ManagementHow do I apply? All eligible applicants
Undergraduate Excellence Scholarships 2010 for International Students, University of Leeds, UK
The University of Leeds is offering scholarships of £2,000 for international students studying at the following colleges and registering on undergraduate degree programme at Leeds in September 2010.Newcastle College Castle College Bellerbys Study Centres David Game College and Bath Academy Cambridge Seminars College Cambridge Tutors CollegeThe two scholarships include:One general scholarship for any subject area.
Masters in Enterprise International Excellence Scholarship, University of Leeds, UK
One scholarship of £6000 towards the cost of tuition fees.Who qualifies? A particularly deserving international* applicant wishing to undertake the MSc Enterprise in 2017/2018. To be considered for the scholarship you must:Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for the MSc Enterprise for 2017/2018 Demonstrate an excellent academic track record Show
Business School International Excellence Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
Leeds University Business School offers a number of scholarships to celebrate exceptional international candidates. These are awarded to candidates who have demonstrated sustained academic excellence and the potential to make a significant contribution to Business School life.An award of £2,500 per year for each standard year of study towards the
Water, Sanitation and Health Engineering Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
Who is eligible? Any applicant who has been offered a place on the Water, Sanitation and Health Engineering (WASH) MSc programme within the School of Civil Engineering.How are they awarded? To be selected for this award, students must demonstrate exceptional academic achievement, experience and a clear statement of interest in water, sanitation
Dean’s International Excellence Scholarship, University of Leeds, UK
What is it? One full-fee scholarship.Who qualifies? An outstanding international* applicant wishing to undertake a Masters programme with Leeds University Business School in 2018/2019. To be considered for the scholarship you must:Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for a Leeds University Business School Taught Masters programme for 2018/2019 Be able
Masters in Global Innovation Management International Excellence Scholarship, University of Leeds, UK
One scholarship of £6000 towards the cost of tuition fees.Who qualifies? A particularly deserving international* applicant wishing to undertake the MSc Global Innovation Management in 2017/2018. To be considered for the scholarship you must:Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for the MSc Global Innovation Management for 2017/2018 Demonstrate an excellent
Masters in Accounting and Finance International Excellence Scholarship, University of Leeds, UK
10 half-fee scholarships towards the cost of tuition fees.Who qualifies? Particularly deserving international* applicants wishing to undertake the following Masters programmes in 2018/2019:MSc Accounting and Finance MSc Actuarial Finance MSc Banking and International Finance MSc Finance and Investment MSc Financial Mathematics MSc Financial Risk ManagementTo be considered for the scholarship
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.