- Course: Postgraduate Law programmes as listed (except those specified)
- Number: 10
- Value: 10 x £10K tuition fee waiver
- Available for full time study only
Which programmes are eligible?
10 partial scholarships (partial tuition fee waivers for 5 x Home/EU students and 5 x International students) from the School of Law for the following programmes:
- LLM Art, Business and Law
- LLM Banking and Finance Law
- LLM Commercial and Corporate Law
- LLM Comparative and International Dispute Resolution
- LLM Competition Law
- LLM Computer and Communications Law
- LLM Criminal Justice
- LLM International Economic Law
- LLM Energy and Natural Resources Law
- LLM Environmental Law
- LLM European Law
- LLM Human Rights Law
- LLM Immigration Law
- LLM Insurance Law
- LLM Intellectual Property Law
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM International Shipping Law
- LLM Master of Laws (General)
- LLM Legal Theory
- LLM Media Law
- LLM Medical Law
- LLM Public International Law
- LLM Tax Law
- LLM Law and Economics
- LLM in Regulation and Compliance
- LLM in computer and communication law (Distance learning)
- LLM Sorbonne Law School
- MA Regulation and Compliance
- LLM Regulation and Compliance
- MSc Law and Finance
What do the scholarships cover? How are they paid?
The partial scholarships cover the partial cost of tuition only in the form of a fee waiver; the scholarships do not cover additional course costs (books etc.) or accommodation fees. Scholarships are not payable directly to successful applicants but are off set against your student fee invoice. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, the submitted personal statement in response to the set question as detailed in the application, and in some cases, financial need and professional/extracurricular achievements.
Closing Dates and Important Notes
You must have an offer of study before you apply for a scholarship. If you submit an application without an offer of study (either conditional or unconditional) your scholarship application will be disregarded.
Apply early for the programme
Apply for the programme as early as possible as and no later than 22 February 2019. Students who have not submitted their complete application by this date will not be considered for funding. If you have missing documents in your application it will not be considered in time for scholarship consideration. It is acceptable to apply with a conditional offer of study pending English language test scores or final academic grades.
The deadline for submission of the scholarships application is 22 March 2019 by 17.00 hrs GMT – students must have an offer of study (either conditional or unconditional) for the LLM before applying for funding.
Therefore, any student who has applied for a programme listed above by 22 February 2019 and has not received an offer of study by 18 March 2019 should contact firstname.lastname@example.org (not the admissions team) and quote the date of application and their application number in order for us to look into this.
What are scholarship winners required to do?
If you are awarded a partial scholarship you may be asked to assist the Law Marketing Team with marketing activities such as the postgraduate law open evenings and student profiles and videos.
Please note School scholarships are also subject to university-wide Terms and Conditions as well as any course/School/Faculty conditions or criteria outline.
How to apply for the Partial Scholarship
You must have a full time offer of study (either conditional or unconditional) in place before you can apply for funding. You will be required to apply for the scholarship via our online application link. You must submit the following documents with your online application:
- 1000 word (maximum) statement in response to the following;
Please explain why you want to study for the chosen programme at Queen Mary University of London, specifying the area of law and the modules you have a particular interest in. What you will bring to the programme and why you feel you should be awarded a scholarship; focusing on your academic and professional achievements (if relevant) and financial need.
- Transcripts of your law degree and any other legal qualifications. Please submit relevant, translated copies only.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- 1 x Reference letter (This can be a copy of the reference submitted as part of your programme application or, if not available to you, you must obtain a reference specifically for this scholarship application). Please do not submit more than one reference letter.
Submitting your application online
You will need to complete the online application form and submit ALL required documents by following a link at the bottom of this webpage – but before you do it is crucial that you read the information below first!
Please ensure you accurately complete ALL relevant sections when required and that you submit the necessary documents in ONE PDF document when prompted. Save this file under your full name. Please DO NOT submit individual documents as part of your application. Your supporting documents must be clear and eligible to read. We will not accept JPEG formats or any other image formats. All supporting documents must be in PDF format.
The final section of the online application form will detail how to upload your ONE COMBINED PDF document as part of your scholarship application. You must read all instructions very carefully before uploading your supporting document.
Incomplete, incorrect or late scholarship applications will not be accepted or processed.
Confirmation of your online application
Upon submission of your scholarship application you will be re-directed to a page which will state ‘Your response has been recorded’. This message is confirmation that we have received your application. You will NOT receive an additional email to confirm this. Therefore please do not contact us to request further confirmation.
You will be notified of the outcome of your scholarship application by the beginning of June 2019. Please wait to be contacted in this regard.
The Partial Scholarships are open to applicants who have an offer of study on the full-time option of the programmes listed above only and are not open to those with an offer on a part-time programme.
For LLM programmes, you will be restricted to modules available within the LLM programme for which you have an offer of study. Please see the LLM programme list for further information on modules available within your specialist programme area.
If you have applied for funding elsewhere and are successful in receiving such funding you must inform us immediately. In the event that you are awarded funding elsewhere we will withdraw your application. If you are awarded one of our partial scholarships and are then awarded funding elsewhere the offer of being awarded our School of Law partial scholarship will be withdrawn.
Please note that scholarships cannot be deferred.
The scholarship will be awarded to those who we deem to have successfully demonstrated their reasoning for being awarded a scholarship based on the following criteria;
- Academic merit
- Professional achievements (if any)
- Financial need
The compulsory personal statement should include all of the above information and should be in response to the text as detailed in the ‘How to apply for the Partial Scholarships’ section above.
Eligible Home/EU applicants studying commercial law subjects will automatically be considered for the prestigious Roy Goode Scholarship.
How to apply online
Before you click on the link below to apply online make sure you have read through the above information thoroughly.
For more information, please visit: www.law.qmul.ac.uk.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Student Finance 2010/11, Queen Mary, UK Government
Bursaries: financial support offered by Queen Mary – University of London In addition to the financial support described above which is provided by the Government, Queen Mary will offer its own financial support package in the form of bursaries to assist students with the cost of study. Bursaries: Financial support offered by
PhD Studentships, School of Geography, Queen Mary, University of London, UK
Queen Mary Studentships are open to suitably qualified candidates from the UK, EU and overseas. In the case of overseas applicants, the difference in cost between Home/EU and Overseas fees will be met by the School. The School is committed to appointing only the very best candidates to our PhD program.
LLM in Law and Economics Partial Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
The Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) and the School of Economics and Finance are offering three partial scholarships worth 50 per cent of the tuition fee each to outstanding Home/EU and overseas full time candidates. These partial scholarships will be deducted from tuition fees payable to the college. The successful
International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards, Queen Mary University of London, UK
In recognition of the important investment that overseas students are making in their education, Queen Mary is pleased to offer International Science and Engineering Excellence Awards for 2016 entry. These awards are for the value of £5,000 and are designed to reward academic achievement and help attract the brightest and
School of English and Drama Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship, Queen Mary University of London, UK
We will be awarding one Excellence Scholarship in 2017-18 for students pursuing our BA in English, BA in Drama or BA in English and Drama. The Scholarship will cover 50% of the course fees (for the standard duration of the course) and will go to an International student (paying overseas fees) Eligibility
LLM in Energy and Natural Resources Law Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
Norton Rose Fulbright LLP and the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) are pleased to offer a full tuition fee only scholarship (one) for the September 2018 intake for students wishing to follow the LLM in Energy and Natural Resources Law Programme. Who is eligible to apply for this scholarship? Students holding
PhD Scholarships in Intellectual Property, Queen Mary University of London, UK
New PhD students undertaking full-time research in the area of Intellectual Property (IP) can apply for a Herchel Smith Scholarship to start in the 2018-19 academic year. The award covers three years of study while in full time enrolment, subject to satisfactory annual progress reports. The award will cover all tuition
School of English and Drama Postgraduate Excellence Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
We will be awarding two School of English and Drama Excellence Scholarships in 2017-18 for students pursuing our MA in Theatre and Performance or our MA in English Studies (any of the seven pathways) or our MA in Poetry. The Scholarships cover 50% of the course fees – one scholarship will
School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science PhD Studentship, Queen Mary University of London, UK
PhD Studentship in When Machine Learning Meets Big Data in Wireless Communications Recent several decades have witnessed the exponential growth in commercial data services, which lead to step in the so-called big data era. The pervasive increasing data traffic present both the imminent challenges and new opportunities to all aspects of
MSc in Law and Finance Partial Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
The School of Economics and Finance and the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) are offering two partial scholarships worth one third of the tuition fee each to outstanding full time candidates. What does the scholarship cover? How are they paid? The partial scholarship covers one third of the tuition fee only
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.