KFUPM currently offers 32 Master Programs and 11 Doctorate Programs in 27 different disciplines.
We welcome outstanding and talented prospective graduate students from around the nation and the world to apply for Graduate Studies. Besides national students, KFUPM currently has international graduate students from 28 different nationalities. This adds to the richness & diversity of the academic and research environment at KFUPM.
The University currently offers 32 Master programs and 11 Doctoral programs in a full range of traditional disciplines, as well as interdisciplinary programs that anticipate market trends and respond to national needs. KFUPM provides full MS and PhD scholarships for distinguished graduate applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the fields of Engineering, Sciences and Business.
All graduate admissions are administered by the Deanship of Graduate Studies (DGS). Candidates who intend to enroll in graduate programs at the University need to submit an online application available on the website of DGS on the link http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/preonline.aspx . The online application is available only during the application periods according to the posted application deadlines on the link http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/deadlines.aspx . The graduate admission is open twice a year for the two semesters: The Fall Term (usually starting in September) and the Spring Term (usually starting in February). After submission of the online application, mandatory documents need to be uploaded through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for the online application using this link: http://adgs.kfupm.edu.sa/
Mandatory documents for application (without which application will not be processed)
- Copy of identification (National ID for Saudi nationals / Passport for international applicants / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree and MS degree (if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals).
- Recommendation Letters from 3 Professors through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- GMAT scores for MBA program (for international applicants).
Other supporting documents (needed for final admission decision)
- Certificates for BS degree and MS degree (if applying to PhD).
- TOEFL score (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for PhD).
- Acceptable GRE General score (min. Quant. is 700, min. Analytical is 3.0).
- Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.
The online application is available only during the application periods according to the posted application deadlines on the link http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/deanships/dgs/Pages/deadlines.aspx.
Distinguished Partnership of KFUPM with International Institutions
KFUPM has very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following international institutions:
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy research.
- Stanford: Oil and Gas research.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Refining and Petrochemicals research.
- Technical University of Munich: Refining and Petrochemicals research.
- Cambridge University: Oil and Gas research.
- KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
- Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- SABIC (one of the petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining, Petrochemical and Polymers research. Many other world-class universities and industries on different research fields.
Centers for Research Excellence at KFUPM
To provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM has established the following Centers for Research Excellence:· KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy (http://ccwce.mit.edu/).
- National Center of Research Excellence on Nanotechnology (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/cent/).
- National Center of Research Excellence on Renewable Energy (http://corere.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- National Center of Research Excellence on Refining and Petrochemicals (http://core-prp.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- National Center of Research Excellence on Corrosion (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/corec).
- Center in Development on Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and Polymers (http://cid-rpp.kfupm.edu.sa).
- Center of Excellence on Maintenance (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/ceim/).
- Center of Excellence on Supply Chain Management (http://se.ikfupm.com/department/ce/cescm/).
- National Technology Innovation Center on Carbon Capture.
Two types of assistantships are offered to enrolled Master students:
- Graduate Assistantship: Open to exceptional Saudi Graduate Assistants continuing MS degrees at KFUPM, who display outstanding performance in their Bachelor education.
- Research Assistantship: Open to national and international Master students, whose performance is exceptional in their Bachelor education.
Two types of lectureships are offered to enrolled Ph.D. students:
- Lecturer: Open to exceptional Saudi Lecturers continuing Ph.D. degrees at KFUPM, who perform excellent in their Bachelor & Master education.
- Lecturer-B: Open to national and international exceptional Ph.D. students, whose performance is exceptional in their Bachelor & Master education.
Like most reputed international universities, KFUPM also offers this flexible opportunity to working individuals who are interested to pursue higher studies. Such students are charged a modest tuition fee. This prospect is limited to the nationals and residents of the Kingdom.
If there are any questions or further clarifications are required, please feel free to contact the Deanship of Graduate Studies at:
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
Seminar Beasiswa S2 & S3, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Arab Saudi
Dalam rangka sosialisasi program penelitian dan beasiswa bagi civitas akademika UGM yang ingin melanjutkan studi S2 dan S3 ke Arab Saudi, Prof. Suliman Al Homidan dari King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) Arab Saudi akan memberikan seminar dan presentasi terkait kegiatan tersebut. Acara ini akan diselenggarakan pada : Hari/Tanggal
Master Scholarships in Mechanical Engineering, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
Graduate Scholarships are available in the general areas of solid mechanics and thermal fluid sciences. The current program emphasis in solid mechanics includes: computational and experimental mechanics; controls and applied automation; robotics; and, design and manufacturing. Apply by email to: aalmajid[at]ksu.edu.sa Abdulhakim Almajid Mechanical Engineering Department King Saud University, P.O. Box 800 Riyadh Riyadh 11421, Saudi Arabia
Postdoctoral / Research Position, Desalination Technology, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
The Center of Excellence in Desalination Technology at King Abdulaziz University in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is seeking competent individuals to carry out research activities in desalination related fields. Persons who qualify for the following conditions may apply to the address listed below. Post Doctorate Research Position Qualifications: PhD
Master Scholarship, Desalination Technology, King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Saudi Arabia
The Center of Excellence in Desalination Technology at King Abdulaziz University (KAU), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is offering a Master degree scholarship in Desalination Technology for outstanding college graduates from South East Asia countries. Applicant should hold a Bachelor Degree ( B. SC.) in Mechanical or chemical Engineering
Postdoctoral Positions in Non Destructive Testing, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
The Department of Nuclear Engineering, College of Engineering, King Abdulaziz University has openings for postdoctoral positions in Non Destructive Testing with level III in Radiography or Ultrasonic. Position tasks include teaching, research and services. Fresh graduates holding PhD degree in Physics or Engineering (NDT specialization
Postgraduate Scholarships, King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
Dear applicant for graduate studies scholarship at King Abdulaziz University(KAU) for international students from outside the Kingdom (Male Only). We would like to inform you that the registration for the academic year available from 10-1-2017 to 28/02/2017. Admission Requirements The Applicant’s age doesn’t exceed (35) years For PhD, and (30) years for
PhD Studentship, 3D Electron Microtomography of Catalysts, University of Cambridge, UK
PhD Studentship in 3D Electron Microtomography of Catalysts Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology Vacancy Reference No: NP07094 Carbon laydown or ‘coking’ is usually thought of as having a negative effect on catalyst performance. Recent work has shown that this need not be the case. This project seeks to explore how formation of
IDB-KAUST Joint PhD Scholarships, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia
Scholarships sponsored jointly by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) to study at KAUST. The IDB-KAUST PhD Scholarship Program was established in 2012 within the scope of the IDB Merit Scholarship Program and the KAUST PhD Program. Under the scholarship program, citizens of
Postdoctoral Position, Computational Bioscience Research, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
The Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC, http://www.kaust.edu.sa/research/centers/computational.html) of the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST, http://www.kaust.edu.sa/) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is seeking highly motivated postdoctoral researchers for different fields of Computational Bioscience, Computational Biology and Bioinformatics. Specialists with biology and medical
MS/PhD Fellowships, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia
We are accepting application for both the Spring 2019 and Fall 2019 Sessions. Apply now! Application Requirements KAUST requires a minimum TOEFL score of 79 on the IBT (Internet Based Test) or 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The KAUST admissions code is 4107. Only official TOEFL or IELTS
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.