This scholarship honors adult learners interested in making a difference in their life and in the lives of others around them with a $10,000 award to apply to one of our Master’s programs. This scholarship is open to both U.S. and non-U.S. residents.
- Be a new student enrolling in a Walden University program and start between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
- Have not received another merit-based Walden scholarship before January 1, 2018.
- See Scholarship Funding details below for information regarding any merit-based Walden scholarship received after January 1, 2018.
- Not be employed by Laureate Education Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
- Meet all admission requirements with the university in receipt of all of the applicant’s official documentation and be fully admitted into the eligible program.
- Affirm that they are willing and able to participate in all publicity efforts promoting Walden University and its programs.
Scholarship Criteria and Application Process
- Call an enrollment advisor at 844-768-0285.
- Write an essay of no more than 1,000 words describing how you contributed to advancing positive social change in one or more of the following areas:
- Influencing the lives of others
- Mentoring a colleague
- Making a positive impact in your community
- Submit a current copy of their résumé or CV.
- Complete the electronic scholarship application and attach your essay and résumé.
All required information must be provided in order for a nomination to be considered. Applicants may be contacted by phone to confirm the authenticity of information submitted.
Deadline and Start Dates
This scholarship will have an application deadline of May 31, 2018.
- Winners will be announced in August 2018.
- Scholarship winners, if not already enrolled in 2018, must enroll and start classes before December 31, 2018 or the scholarship will be forfeited.
Scholarship Selection Process
A scholarship committee comprising members of Walden University will review the nominations and all submitted application materials and select the scholarship recipients.
Scholarship Announcements and Publicity
Individuals who receive a scholarship must affirm that they are willing and able to participate in all publicity efforts promoting the program by signing a release form that allows Walden University to use the individual’s participation in the program for publicity purposes. Such publicity may include news releases and media advisories, local and national media coverage, media interviews and photos, inclusion on the Walden website and other similar public relations activities. All such materials remain the sole and exclusive property of Walden University.
Scholarship funds will be applied to a student’s bill over 5 terms beginning in the student’s first term after being awarded the scholarship beginning no sooner than the August term start until the full amount has been awarded. If a student has a previous merit-based Walden scholarship that was received after January 1, 2018, dispersements from the previous scholarship will end simultaneously to funds from a higher value merit-based scholarship being applied.
Scholarship funds will not be applied to any past due balance or outstanding bills or charges. Students will not receive cash back at any time. For funds to be disbursed, the student’s records with the Office of Admissions must be complete, including the student’s official transcript. At any given time, if a scholarship disbursement exceeds the cost of tuition, funds will be disbursed in the amount up to the tuition cost.
Students who withdraw from the program or university or change to another degree program are not eligible for this scholarship and will forfeit the scholarship. Should the scholarship be forfeited, students need not reimburse Walden for funds already disbursed to them. In order for scholarship funding to continue until the award is depleted, recipients must meet the satisfactory academic progress criteria set forth by Walden University’s current catalog for the duration of their program. If a student is in a new semester and forfeited in the previous semester (due to internal lag time), the student will receive a revised bill for the prior semester, in which the scholarship was received.
All recipients who enroll in a Walden program are responsible for the technology fee each term as well. Recipients are responsible for all other non-tuition costs including but not limited to residency travel and other university or program fees as applicable.
This scholarship can be combined with one of the following:
- a limited time savings reduction
- a partnership discount
- a standard tuition reduction
Only one scholarship award can be applied to a student’s tuition.
This scholarship is not managed by Walden University’s Office of Financial Aid. Please call an enrollment advisor at 844-768-0285 for more information.
For more information, please visit: www.waldenu.edu.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Living Allowance + Tuition Fees Doctoral Scholarships, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Fully Funded Art Major Asian Scholarships, Korea National University of Arts, South Korea
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Full Tuition Fee LLM Scholarships, Queen Mary University of London, UK
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Fully Funded Doctoral Scholarships in Engineering, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- Fully Funded Undergraduate Scholarship for Student from Developing Country, University of Westminster, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for International Students, University of the West of England, UK
- Fully Funded GCE A Level Scholarships for Indonesian Students, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
Master of Management in Hospitality Scholarship, Cornell-Nanyang Institute of Hospitality Management, Singapore
Cornell-Nanyang Institute of Hospitality Management Singapore is offering an international student scholarship to study the Master of Management in Hospitality (MBA Equivalent) in Singapore.The Master of Management in Hospitality is on offer for commencement of study in Semester 1, 2011 (May).Master of Management in Hospitality (MBA
Master Scholarships in Transport and Communications, Netherlands
Foundation STC-Group / Netherlands Maritime University Netherlands Maritime University P.O. Box 63140, 3002 JC Rotterdam, The Netherlands Phone: 31 - (0)10-4486060 Fax: 31 - (0)10-4486061 E-mail: email@example.com Internet: www.stc-nmu.euMaster Shipping and TransportTakes (partly) place in: South-Korea, Gwangyang Leading to: Master's degree Course duration: 18 months Next course begins: 24 September 2012 Academic application deadlines: 31 January 2012 Fellowship application
La Trobe Business School Masters by Coursework Scholarship, La Trobe University, Australia
Who is eligible?You must be a citizen of a country other than Australia and New Zealand Youmust satisfy all course entry requirements Student must hold an Offer Letter from La Trobe University with a commencement date in Semester 1, 2014 for one of the following:Master of Accounting and Financial Management Master of Financial
Master Scholarships for International Students, University of Lyon, France
For the 2013/2014 academic year, Université de Lyon is offering scholarships for foreign students having a high-level academic record and willing to join one of our Master’s degree programmes:You are student and look for a high-level Master’s degree programme, innovative and internationally-oriented for Research and private sectors?You wish to benefit
International Master Scholarship, University of Oulu, Finland
University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Scheme 2017-2018 Connected with the renewal of university strategy, the increased importance of internationalization and the introduction of tuition fees for non-EU/EEA citizens, the University of Oulu has assigned a significant amount of money for tuition scholarships for 2017 entry. The scholarships will be granted
Excellence Scholarships, University of Limoges, France
The University of Limoges offers for the universitary year 2017/2018 an annual program of Excellence scholarships in partnership with its Foundation and Nouvelle-Aquitaine region.Rules of excellence scholarships 2017Excellence of the application. Registration in a Master degree at the University of Limoges Wish to pursue in doctoral studies at the
Master of Biotechnology by Coursework Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia
If you are an international student commencing an RMIT Master of Biotechnology, this scholarship could assist towards your tuition fees.Value and duration Scholarships are initially for one year but are reassessed at the end of your first year at RMIT. The value is $5000 per year.Eligibility To be eligible for this scholarship
Master Grants for International Students, University of Bern, Switzerland
Live in the history-packed city of Bern – capital of Switzerland in the heart of Europe. Learn at our prestigious university, which has the highest standards in teaching methods and research equipment.The Master Grant of the University of Bern provides the opportunity to pursue one of the Master degree
Bachelor, Master and PhD Scholarships by USAID, USA
USAID through the Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD) program working in Collaboration with the Academy for Educational Development (AED), opens the opportunity for talented Indonesians to study for Master`s and PhD degrees in the US. The programs are FULLY FUNDED by USAID. The programs offered are:Master's Degree in Education
Master of Financial Analysis Scholarships, La Trobe University, Australia
La Trobe University will offer a partial scholarship for high achieving international students for the Master of Financial Analysis and specialised programs offered in July and September 2011. Programs covered under this scholarship are listed below:Master of Financial Analysis Master of Financial Analysis (Financial Planning) Master of Financial Analysis (Investment) Master of Financial
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.