The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy is a graduate school of the National University of Singapore consistently ranked amongst the top 30 universities in the world by QS World University Rankings 2008. The School aims to educate, train and generate ideas amongst a new generation of globally minded policymakers and leaders from the public and private sectors. Our students are entrepreneurs, public sector officials, ambassadors, senators, editors, and aspiring leaders who are working on the ground to make a difference.
The School currently attracts over 300 outstanding candidates from more than 50 countries, including China, India, USA and South East Asia and Europe. These students come from diverse backgrounds in the public and private sector.
The School also attracts global luminaries including former Prime Minister of Britain, Tony Blair, President of World Bank Robert B. Zoellick, Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen amongst others.
Under the leadership of Dean Kishore Mahbubani, a world renowned public intellectual and former UN Ambassador from Singapore, the school has made a mark globally.
The LKY School is the first Asian School to be admitted into the prestigious Global Public Policy Network (GPPN) set up by Columbia University`s School of International & Public Affairs (SIPA), the London School of Economics & Political Science (LSE) and the Institut d`Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po). The school offers its students a unique opportunity to gain a double Masters degree with one of its GPPN partners. We also have a long standing partnership with the Harvard Kennedy School.
Master in Public Administration
The MPA programme is a one-year degree for mid-career professionals with more than five years of professional experience. The MPA is designed to enhance the effectiveness of mid-career professionals from the public, private and non-profit sectors in addressing complex, multidimensional policy issues. The MPA programme places great emphasis on management and decision-making.
Master in Public Policy
The MPP programme is a two-year degree for young professionals with 1-5 years of experience. Students learn the fundamental skills of public policy analysis from the disciplines of politics, economics, and public management. They also have the opportunity to deepen their understanding of a specific area by electing to focus their studies on one of five specializations:
- Development Studies;
- Economic Policy and Analysis;
- International Relations and Security Studies;
- Social and Environmental Policy; and
- Public Management and Governance.
Finally to provide an element of direct practical experience, MPP students undertake a public policy or management study (the Policy Analysis Exercise) for a client in the public, private or non-profit sector.
Double Degree Opportunities at Columbia University, LSE or Sciences Po
The MPP programme also offers the invaluable opportunity for qualifying students to obtain a double degree from the LKY School as well as from one of our partner institutes which include Columbia University`s School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA), London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), and Institut d`Etudes Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po). Students spend one year in Singapore and the second year in New York, London or Paris, and quite often the school provides full-funding for the students to study there.
Fully funded scholarships are available to outstanding candidates.
More information, along with programme application booklets, are available online at http://www.lkyspp.nus.edu.sg/.
The deadline for the MPP and MPA applications with scholarship is 31 January 2010 for intake in July 2010.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships and Fellowships, Australia
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
Master Scholarships in Public Policy, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
The 2-year full-time Master in Public Policy (MPP) programme provides rigorous training for a strong foundation in policy analysis, programme evaluation and management. It is designed for young professionals with up to 5 years of work experience, to meet the demand for skilled policymakers and analysts in the public, private
Master Degree Scholarship by USAID, USA
Master`s Degree - in Public Health Master`s (two-year program) in the U.S from a Faculty of Medicine/Public Health with a concentration in: principles of public health and field epidemiology including methods of prevention and eradication of infectious diseases, health system capacity development including human resource and program management, public health information and surveillance
Master in Public Management Scholarships, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore The Master in Public Management degree requires one year of full-time study. The course begins in January. To graduate, the MPM candidate is required to pass five modules at NUS, and four electives at the John F Kennedy School of
Master Fellowship in Comparative and International Disability Policy, Thailand
Fellowship Opportunity for Master’s Degree in Comparative and International Disability Policy Institute on Disability and Public Policy The Nippon Foundation will provide full fellowships including tuitions, books, required assistive technology and other support services, to a small group of individuals with disabilities to pursue graduate studies (Master’s level) in Comparative and International
NUS MBA Awards – National University of Singapore
Over S$1 million worth of NUS MBA Study Awards will be awarded to deserving full-time candidates of all nationalities and part-time Singaporean candidates who showcase well-rounded, exceptional and promising profiles. Scholarships will be given based on background, performance during the application process and overall leadership potential of the candidates. Dean's Award:
Temasek Foundation Water Leadership Programme (TFWLP), Singapore
The Temasek Foundation Water Leadership Programme (TFWLP), developed in collaboration between Temasek Foundation, the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore, and PUB, Singapore’s national water agency, is designed for water utilities managers operating in Asian emerging markets that are adapting to the increasing
Master Degree in Public Health, Academy for Educational Development, AED Indonesia, USA
Master's programs in the U.S. from accredited schools of public health with an emphasis on: a. Principles of public health and epidemiology, including methods of prevention and eradication of infectious diseases; b. Maternal child health and reproductive health; c. Health system strengthening: decentralization, health financing/economics, policy and planning, and advocacy; d. Emerging disease and
Beasiswa Master in Public Policy – National University of Singapore (NUS)
National University of Singapore (NUS) adalah universitas yang menempati peringkat 1 universitas di Asia, peringkat 7 dunia untuk ilmu sosial dan administrasi, dan secara umum peringkat 12 dunia (2015/2016 QS World University Rankings). Salah satu sekolah pascasarjana di NUS adalah Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (LKY School). Sekolah ini
Hubert H Humphrey Non Degree Scholarship for Indonesian Professionals, USA
There is still time to get a scholarship Hubert H Humphrey offered to professionals and middle level of Indonesia to take non-degree programs. This program combines graduate level course for the development of professionalism in the United States (U.S.) for 9 months. Scholarship applicants are generally required personnel administrator in a
Postdoctoral Position, Junior Fellowship Ontario Centre for Engineering and Public Policy (OCEPP), Canada
From ancient times, engineering has had a profound impact on our lives. During the past few decades in particular, it has been challenged to help us deal with dwindling energy resources, drinking water safety and traffic gridlock. Increasingly, government and business leaders are looking to engineering to help devise wise,
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.