The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) invites applications for its graduate scholarship (MS and PhD) in agriculture and related fields for Academic Year 2018-2019.
The SEARCA Graduate Scholarship is open to nationals of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam who are regular employees of academic, research or government institutions and not more than 35 years old (for Master’s degree) or 40 years old (for PhD) at the time of application.
Fields of Studies:
Agriculture and related sciences (including biological sciences, fishery, environmental science, statistics, forestry and social sciences)
With the Tenth Five Year Plan as guide, the graduate scholars’ thesis/dissertation topics must fall within any of the following ISARD priority themes and focus areas:
- Strengthening of Value Chains and Agribusiness Commodity Systems
- Integration of small-scale farmers into commercial food systems
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Productivity-enhancing innovations and modern technologies
- Rural entrepreneurship toward off-farm and non-farm businesses
- Climate change adaptation and resiliency
- Natural Resource Management
- Sub-regional cooperation in trade and investments
- Regional Economic Integration (AFTA and AEC 2015)
- Government Policies, Institutions, and Governance Mechanisms/Reforms that can address and redress rural poverty, inequitable growth, and environmental degradation
Any of the following universities, as well as those that have institutional arrangements with SEARCA, may serve as study posts of SEARCA MS and PhD scholars:
- Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB), Bogor, Indonesia
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Selangor, Malaysia
- Kasetsart University (KU), Bangkok, Thailand
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB), Laguna, Philippines
These five universities are members of the Southeast Asian University Consortium for Graduate Education in Agriculture and Natural Resources. SEARCA serves as the Secretariat of the University Consortium.
SEARCA reserves the right to make the final decision on the choice of the scholars’ study post. Therefore, applicants are required to submit to SEARCA applications for admission to the Graduate Schools of three universities in the list.
How to apply:
Interested parties may submit their accomplished SEARCA Scholarship Application form together with other original application requirements to the Ministries of Education/Higher Education of their respective countries. Applicants must check the deadlines set by the Ministries to receive/accept applications of SEARCA scholarship. These Ministries will then screen and endorse applications to SEARCA not later than 31 July 2018.
SEARCA Scholarship application forms and the complete list of requirements may be downloaded here.
Inquiries can also be directed to:
GRADUATE EDUCATION AND INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031, Philippines
Telefax: +63-49 536 7164 | Email: email@example.com
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
PhD Research Scholarships, Southeast Asian Regional Center in Agriculture (SEARCA)
In November 2005, SEARCA established the PhD Research Scholarship, which provides financial support to qualified PhD students whose researches are relevant to the priority thrusts of SEARCA (See Scholarship Statistics). The PhD research scholarship aims to: Provide PhD students the opportunity to use the resources and facilities available at SEARCA and
Short Term Exchange Program (STEP) – Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology (TUAT)
Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology (TUAT) is currently offering Short Term Exchange Progam (STEP) with three main exchange programs in 2013: Special Auditing Undergraduate Student (3rd and 4th year) Special Auditing Graduate Student (Master program) Special Research Graduate for Spring (Master & Doctoral) This program is aimed to provide international students with opportunities
Postgraduate Scholarships in Hydrogeochemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering A full-time postgraduate scholarship is available for a suitably qualified candidate with a good honours degree in science, agriculture or land and water science to undertake research studies leading to a Masters in Hydrogeochemistry. The project is to investigate groundwater quality to identify the residence time
Master Scholarships in Biosciences, University of Exeter, UK
Three scholarships of £3,000 each for high-calibre international students starting one of the following Masters programmes in 2011: MSc Applied Biochemistry and Biocatalysis MSc Aquatic Biology and Resource Management MSc Bioinformatics MSc Biotechnology and Enterprise MSc Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture MSc Medical Informatics MSc Systems Biology How to apply Please submit an application for the programme, together with
Helmut Claas Scholarships in Engineering, Agricultural & Economics, Germany
International Helmut Claas-Scholarship 2011 for students of Engineering, Agricultural studies and Economics We are looking for students who are enthusiastic about agriculture. Can you answer these questions with YES? You are enthusiastic about agriculture and agricultural engineering? You are a student on the fields of Engineering, Agricultural studies or Economics? You have written your
Land Use Change PhD Studentship, University of Sussex, UK
A global model of greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture and land use change. A high priority for global climate protection is reducing greenhouse emissions from agriculture and land use change. These now account for around one tenth to one-fifth of all global greenhouse gas emissions. Hence, it is crucial to understand
Master Scholarships in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery, Netherlands
CAH Dronten University of Applied Sciences Department of International Studies and Consultancy De Drieslag 1, 8251 JZ Dronten, The Netherlands Phone: 31 - (0)321-386100 Fax: 31 - (0)321-313040 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Internet: www.cah.nl Agribusiness Development Leading to: Master's degree Course duration: 11 months Next course begins: 20 August 2012 Academic application deadlines: 31 January 2012 Fellowship application deadline: 7 February 2012 Educational
Ingleby Farm Management Undergraduate Scholarship, Marcus Oldham College, Australia
This scholarship is available to students (Australian and International) in the 1st year of the Bachelor of Business (Farm Business Management) in 2012 Category: Industry (Sustainable Agriculture), Needs (Financial) and Merit (Academic), Student (Age) Value: $20,000, the scholarship is provided via two payments; $10,000 paid in 1st year and $10,000 paid in
Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers
The purpose of this award is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing countries, which is promoted by Japan for the benefit of those countries. Young researchers who show outstanding performance and research achievements that lead to
Master in Forestry Management, Marine Resources Management, Clean Energy, Water and Sanitation, or Climate Change
Master Degree Program in Forestry Management, Marine Resources Management, Clean Energy, Water and Sanitation, or Climate Change, Academy for Educational Development, AED Indonesia, USA The objective of this program is to support Indonesian future leaders in Forestry Management, Marine Resources Management, Clean Energy, Water and Sanitation, and Climate Change by providing
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.