2013 Spring Admission Guide for International Students
Department of Energy Science at SKKU Graduate School
The Department of Energy Science (DOES) is pleased to invite international students who have passion to conduct cutting edge research and make breakthroughs in energy sciences, proposing solid solutions for the global energy crisis.
- Ph.D. Program
- Combined Master’s-Doctorate Program
- Full tuition fee (approx. USD 6,000 every semester)
- Monthly subsidy of USD 600 on average (might vary from each advisor)
- Student Award for outstanding students
* Applicants need not apply for the scholarship separately, as the accepted students will automatically be granted with them on their entrance.
- Application Submission Deadline: Oct. 9-22 (Application Documents should arrive by the date.)
- Announcement of Successful Candidates: Nov. 21(Interior announcement will be made earlier.)
- Start of the 2013 Spring Semester: To be announced later
- Applicants for Combined Master’s-Doctorate Program should have earned a degree that is equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree or should be supposed to obtain a bachelor’s degree by Feb 2013
- Applicants for Ph.D. Program should have earned a degree that is equivalent to the Korean master’s degree or should be supposed to obtain a Master’s degree by Feb 2013
- Email the filled application forms to email@example.com first.
- Submit the required documents by Oct 22, and send the application fee. If you cannot post-send the documents by the date, you should tell me in advance.
- The list of required documents and the process of sending the fee is written below.
All the applicants are required to submit the following list of documents:
a. Application Form Papers:
- Download the forms here
- Fill out the forms with required information: application form, self-introduction, study plan, letter of consent, and letter of request.
- Preferred length for the two essays, “self-introduction” and “study plan”, is 3-4 pages.
- In the form “letter of consent”, you should fill out all the blanks.
- In “letter of request”, you need to fill out from “Date” to “Student ID Number” on the first half of the page.
- Print out the completed forms and attach a photo on the first page of the forms.
b. Updated CV
c. Notarized Photocopies of Degree Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree certificate for applicants of the Combined Master’s-Doctorate Program
- Both bachelor’s and master’s for applicants of the Ph.D. Program
* If you haven’t been issued a degree certificate yet, whilst expecting one by August 2012, a provisional degree certificate or an authorized letter to prove the degree certificate issuance is required.
**The submission of a graduation/degree certificate and the transcript of the last semester need to be completed by August 24, 2012. The admission can be canceled if the student fails to submit the certificate by the deadline without justifiable reasons.
- Those of your undergraduate program for applicants of Combined Master’s-Doctorate Program
- Both undergraduate and graduate programs for applicants of Ph.D. Program
e. Official English Score
English scores as of the followings or higher:
TOEFL PBT 550, TOEFL CBT 210, TOEFL iBT 80
f. List of References and Recommendation Letter(s)
g. Photocopy of Your Valid Passport:
h. Birth Certificate
USD 80 (or 80,000 Korean won)
Send the fee to “Sungkyunkwan University” by money order.
Or one can pay in cash with the help of your family / friend / acquaintance staying in Korea.
The application fee will not be returned regardless of your application results.
The following documents are required for the relevant applicants :
a. Photocopy of Your Korean Alien Registration Card
If you are currently residing in Korea, you should submit the above document.
b. Certificate Letter of Governmental Scholarship
Above is required if you are a beneficiary of Korean governmental scholarship or Korean National Institute for International Education
c. If you are planning to bring a family member with you, you should also submit the official documents that can prove the relationship between you and the person as well as his/her passport.
d. Those who obtained their degree(s) in China need to submit one of the following two or else the admission can be cancelled:
- 1) Verification Report of China Higher Education Qualification Certificate, http://www.chsi.com.cn/xlrz/
- 2) Credentials Report http://www.cdgdc.edu.cn,
Notes and Instructions on Application Requirements
- All the documents need to be original or else the copies should be proved same as original by the head of the certification issuance authority.
- If the documents are not issued/written in either Korean or English, the translation that is approved by a notary public should be also attached.
- Submitted documents will not be returned regardless of your application results.
Where to Submit
Post-mail your application documents to the following address:
Ms. Hyunok Ryu
Department of Energy Science,
Room 83183, Sungkyunkwan University,
Suwon, 440-746, Korea
Housing and Living Costs
On-campus Student Dormitory
- Dormitory Fee and Meals.
USD 1,000 – 1,500 per semester (111 days), depending on room type and the number of people you are sharing a room with, two meals a day included.
- The detailed information and dormitory application guide will be provided separately for the successful candidates.
Off-campus Apartment Rent
- housing: USD 300 to 400 /month + key deposit money 3,000 to 5,000 USD (which will be returned to you when the contract is over)
- food: 200-300 USD/month (if you frequently go to restaurants, it can be higher)
- utilities: USD 100 /month (it depends on seasons, in winter the gas bill itself could reach more than 90 USD or the electricity bill can skyrocket in summer due to air-conditioning)
- others: vary depending on personal lifestyle
Contact Hyunok Ryu at her email, firstname.lastname@example.org or the office phone to +82-31-299-4273
*DOES recruits students for Integrated Master-Doctorate Program and Doctorate Program*
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
KGSP Graduate Scholarships, Sung Kyun Kwan University, Korea
KGSP Application (University Quota) Period: Feb 1 (Fri), 2013 ~ Mar 15 (Fri), 2013 Contact: International Office, Hyunyoung Park +82)2-760-0152 / email@example.com Required Documents Application form (English name as written in the passport) Self-introduction & Study plans Letter of consent for academic reference Official language score A legal, state-issued certificate of family registry or nationality that verifies applicant's
MSc Scholarships in Renewable Energy Science, School for Renewable Energy Science (RES), Iceland
RES | the School for Renewable Energy Science in Iceland is now accepting applications for its one year (90 ECTS credits) international M.Sc. Degree Program in Renewable Energy Science, for the academic year 2011-2012. The RES Program will in February 2011 complete its third year of operation when 49 masters degree
Doctoral Scholarships in Energy Science, Graduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto University, Japan
International Doctoral Program (IDP) in Energy Science Graduate School of Energy Science, Kyoto University The international Doctoral Program in Energy Science is offered to provide foreign students and researchers, who have a Master’s degree (or equivalent), an opportunity to further their studies toward a Doctoral degree at Kyoto
Master Degree Scholarship by USAID, USA
Master`s Degree - in Public Health Master`s (two-year program) in the U.S from a Faculty of Medicine/Public Health with a concentration in: principles of public health and field epidemiology including methods of prevention and eradication of infectious diseases, health system capacity development including human resource and program management, public health information and surveillance
ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Program 2011 The ASEAN University Network (AUN) in collaboration with Daejeon University (DJU) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Korea are now ready to launch the ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Program between the Republic of Korea and ASEAN Nations 2011 Scholarship Information Full Scholarships
University of Twente Scholarship (UTS), Netherlands
The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a Master's programme at the University of Twente. UTS Benefits Become one of the most promising UT students. Exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the
Holland Scholarship, University of Twente, Netherlands
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science together with Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. This scholarship is meant for international students from outside the EEA who want to do their master’s in the Netherlands. Scholarship value € 5,000 for the first
Master & Doctoral Scholarships, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST), Korea
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering Computer Systems & Networks Theoretical Computer Science Applied Computing Communication, Control, & Signal Processing Analog, Digital & RF Circuit Design Electronic Devices & Materials Plasma & Vacuum Electronics School of Mechanical and Advanced Materials Engineering System Design and Manufacturing Intelligent Robotics Thermo fluid & Energy Systems Electronic Materials Structural Materials School of Nano-Bioscience and Chemical Engineering Biomedical Science Bioengineering Nano biotechnology Chemistry Chemical
Orange Tulip Scholarship (OTS), University of Twente, Netherlands
The Orange Tulip Scholarship (OTS) offers talented students from Indonesia the opportunity to obtain a Master degree at the University of Twente. The scholarship programme is highly selective, offering one scholarship for the academic year 2019/2020. Scholarship Value € 25,000 Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs.
Global Korea Scholarship for International Students
The Government of Korea has awarded international students a scholarship called "Global Korea Scholarship". If you are interested in applying for the program, you must meet all the requirements stated below: International students enrolled in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year undergraduate program at the time of application. Students whose GPA in the
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.