The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) and the ASEAN Foundation (AF) have entered into an agreement to develop highly qualified human resources in the area of science and technology within ASEAN Member States through the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – ASEAN Foundation Post-graduate Scholarship Programme in Science and Technology (Phase 2: 2016 – 2022).
The CGI is a multidisciplinary post-graduate academic institute established in 2005, under the initiative of Professor Dr. Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol. The aim of the CGI is to employ the most recent interactive teaching techniques used in world leading educational and research institutions to produce effective thinkers and leaders in their field of expertise to better serve their countries’ needs towards sustainable development. The CGI is presently offering programmes leading to Master’s degree in Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology, and Chemical Biology.
The ASEAN Foundation is an organisation from and for the people of ASEAN. Three decades after ASEAN was established, the ASEAN Leaders recognised that there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness, and contact among the people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that the ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during the ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on 15 December 1997. The ASEAN Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the ASEAN Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction, and development of the people of ASEAN.
This year, eight (8) scholarships are available for ASEAN nationals (except Thai citizen) who are interested to pursue a Master Degree at the CGI. Selection of successful applicants will be based on merit.
Scholarships are open to bonafide ASEAN nationals (except Thai citizen) who meet the following qualifications:
- Under 30 years of age
- Hold a Bachelor Degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00 in one of the following fields:
- Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences
- Medical Sciences: Medicine, Medical Technology
- Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences
Applicants from other related fields are also welcome to apply.
- Have one year experience in scientific laboratory research
- Applicants must have demonstrated English proficiency, preferably on one of two recognised tests of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Must provide a statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study
Field of Study
- Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health
- Environmental Toxicology
- Chemical Biology
The scholarship will cover tuition and other academic fees (credit fee, laboratory expenses, refresher course, enrollment fee, thesis fee, production of thesis documents), round trip airfare, visa fee, first settlement allowance, relocation allowance, accommodation, monthly stipend, book allowance, health insurance, and others .
The scholarship award will cover six (6) weeks Refresher Courses and followed by a period of two (2) years Master’s Degree study, subject to an annual review of the scholar’s satisfactory progress.
Refresher Courses will tentatively commence in May 2019 while the academic program will commence in August 2019.
Applicants should complete the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – the ASEAN Foundation Post-graduate Scholarship Programme’s application form and submit together with other supporting documents through the following channel:
(1) Send via e-mail the scanned file of the application form and all the supporting document to:
The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI Scholarship Programme) 54 Kamphangphet 6 Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND
(2) After step (1) is completed, send all the original documents via postal services to the address as stated in (1).
No consideration will be given to application with incomplete supporting documents.
Following documents must be submitted together with application form:
- Full Academic Transcript
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Statement of Purpose explaining interest of study
- Medical History Report
- Other supporting documents to facilitate application screening
Applications for the CGI-AF Scholarship Program is due on 31 November 2018.
Notification of the Award
Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome by the CGI.
CGI-AF scholarship application form and medical history report can be found here:
For more information, please contact
The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute
54 Kamphangphet 6 Road, Talat Bang Khen, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND
Tel Number: (66 2) 554-1900 ext. 2155, 2130
Fax Number: (66 2) 554-1990 / 554-1992
The ASEAN Foundation
Jl. Sam Ratulangi No.2, Menteng,Jakarta – 10350 INDONESIA
Tel Number: (62 21) 3192-4828 / 3192- 4833
Fax Number: (62 21) 3192-6078
For more information, please visit: www.cgi.ac.th.
If you find our website useful, please consider making a donation. It will help us pay our operating expenses.
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships for International Students, Melbourne Business School, Australia
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Malmö University, Sweden
- Space Studies Scholarships, International Space University, France
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships for International Students, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Full Tuition Fee Fashion Scholarships, International Fashion Academy, France
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Fully Funded Master Scholarships, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics, Canada
- Full Tuition Fee Scholarships for Female Students from Developing Countries, Swansea University, UK
- Full Tuition + Allowance Undergraduate Scholarships, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), South Korea
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Kochi University of Technology, Japan
- MA Scholarships in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies, University of London, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships in Economics, CERGE-EI, Czech Republic
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Full Tuition Fee + Grant, MSc in Engineering Scholarships, University of Southern Denmark
- Business School Master Scholarships, University of Leeds, UK
- Master Scholarships for International Students, Örebro University, Sweden
- Music Scholarships, Musicians Institute, USA
- Full Tuition Fee Master Scholarships, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Full Tuition Fee MBA Scholarships, New York University, USA
- Fully Funded Scholarships, Bond University, Australia
- Fully Funded Graduate Scholarships for International Students, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Fully Funded Fulbright Scholarships for Indonesian Students, USA
- Fully Funded Research Studentships for International Students, University of Reading, UK
- Fully Funded PhD Scholarships for International Students, University of Warwick, UK
Master Fellowship in Comparative and International Disability Policy, Thailand
Fellowship Opportunity for Master’s Degree in Comparative and International Disability Policy Institute on Disability and Public PolicyThe Nippon Foundation will provide full fellowships including tuitions, books, required assistive technology and other support services, to a small group of individuals with disabilities to pursue graduate studies (Master’s level) in Comparative and International
Siam Cement Group (SCG) Foundation Scholarships, Thailand
Siam Cement Group (SCG) Foundation provides scholarships for the government staff and general public in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, and Indonesia to pursue their studies in the Bachelor, Master or Doctoral level at the leading educational institutions in Thailand.SCG Foundation was established to carry out activities dedicated to
ASEAN Master Scholarships, University of Nottingham, UK
The University of Nottingham is consistently ranked among the world's top 100 universities* and is ranked 8th in the UK for research power**.In 2018 we are offering 20 scholarships of 25% towards tuition fees for students from ASEAN member countries.Closing date 18 May 2018.Who is eligible to apply? You can apply
Sato International Scholarship Foundation (SISF), Japan
The Sato International Scholarship Foundation grants two types of scholarship for self-supporting students from ASEAN countries as well as Southwest Asian countries enrolled in a Japanese undergraduate or graduate institution: 1. Scholarship for Self-Supporting Students 2. Scholarship for Short-Term Exchange Students.Students from the Following Countries are Eligible to Apply Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia,
ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Scholarships, Daejeon University, Korea
ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Program 2011The ASEAN University Network (AUN) in collaboration with Daejeon University (DJU) and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Korea are now ready to launch the ASEAN Millennium Leaders College Student Exchange Program between the Republic of Korea and ASEAN Nations 2011Scholarship Information Full Scholarships
Student Exchange Scholarships for ASEAN Students, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
Those who interested in this program, read the information about the 2017 recruitment below.Scholarship Includes:Tuition fee of 86,000 Baht Living expenses 50,000 Baht Air ticket Reimbursement. Air ticket can be reimbursed on the rate of your purchase in the receipt ,but does not exceed than 9,500 BahtApplication Period: April
Faculty of Management Executive Dean’s ASEAN Scholarship, Bournemouth University, UK
For courses starting in January 2017 and September 2017 - applications for September 2017 will open early October 2016EligibilityAny students from ASEAN nations (Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Myanmar, Cambodia, Lao PDR and Brunei Darussalam) applying for a full-time taught Master’s degree within the Faculty of Management's Business
ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship, National University of Singapore
The ASEAN Foundation (AF) and NUS have entered into a new agreement to develop high quality human resources within ASEAN member countries through the ASEAN Foundation Research Scholarship.The ASEAN Foundation, an initiative of the Leaders of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), was established on 15 December 1997 to
ASEAN Graduate Scholarship, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
This scholarship is open to nationals of member countries of ASEAN* (except Singapore) to pursue a designated full-time Masters degree by coursework and dissertation.* ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) consists of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.Eligibility criteriaSingaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents
Master Scholarships in International Development Studies, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
The Master of Arts in International Development Studies (MAIDS), Faculty of Political Science, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand is now open for applications for those who wish to pursue a master’s degree in international development studies.MAIDS is a one-year multi-disciplinary international program taught in English language. We offer a variety of
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.